Famoso Pizzeria is an emerging restaurant that has been in operation since 2007. Three young entrepreneurs by Albertans chose to start such a business after discovering Neapolitan Pizza in Italy while on holiday. These individuals include Justin Lussier, Christian Bullock, and Jason Allard. Within 12 years, these investors have managed to open around fifteen Famoso Pizzerias in different parts of Canada. This research paper gives a detailed analysis and description of this firm’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT).
- Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria has a unique business model that allows customers to order their pizzas without having to wait for a server. This approach saves time and makes it easier for the business to serve more clients within a short period.
- The emerging firm borrows a lot of what most of the organizations do in Naples to meet the demands of their clients (PMQ Pizza Magazine, 2018). Such a strategy allows Famoso to compete directly with most of the established entities in the region.
- The entrepreneurs offer pizzas that are tender and topped with a wide range of sauces. The method is quite different from the one experienced in other firms across Canada.
- Famoso uses tomatoes sources from Mount Vesuvius. This attribute means that the pizzas offer higher percentages of minerals, thus making the products sweeter.
- The aspect of adding Italian goodness to the menu makes its products favorable to most of the customers (PMQ Pizza Magazine, 2018). Consequently, such clients will select the best offerings that can meet their demands.
- In terms of leadership, the owners focus on the most appropriate working environment whereby the chefs rely on the outlined model to address the requirements of all intended customers.
- The established model allows employees, clients, and leaders to collaborate and focus on the best approaches to maximize profitability.
- The business is currently opening new outlets, thereby increasing its number of customers and sales.
- The promoted sustainability practices resonate with the demands of most of the stakeholders.
- The business relies on the power of the 4P marketing mix to inform more customers about the available products and market them successfully.
- The fact that Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria relies on the use of raw materials for meeting the demands of the targeted customers makes the business model expensive to maintain (Famoso, n.d.). This challenge arises from the need to provide an Italian experience to the targeted customers.
- The promoted business strategy might be unsustainable since some of the disruptions in the supply chain and globalization processes could disorient the targeted goals.
- The decision to allow customers to place orders directly might affect the speed of service delivery during rush hours. The presence of more clients in need of personalized services means that the workers might become overwhelmed.
- The established business model is also questionable since the company is yet to involve a wide range of stakeholders, such as community members (PMQ Pizza Magazine, 2018). This gap means that it is yet to maximize the participation of more people in its strategy.
- Most of the operations is concentrated in Canada. This fact explains why the business might be unable to record increased sales and profits.
- The business lacks an identifiable business strategy whereby outsiders can easily recognize the promoted attributes, artifacts, and practices. This gap explains why the business is yet to maximize its potential and record increased sales in the region.
- Most of the businesses in the hotel and restaurant sector are relying on emerging technologies to improve their strategies and meet the demands of more customers. For instance, this firm stands a chance to rely on social media networks and the Internet to improve its model and attract more possible clients.
- The availability of information is a new opportunity for Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria since the leaders will be able to consider the demands of most of the stakeholders in the industry and offer experiences and products that can maximize performance (Famoso, n.d.).
- More customers are willing to try new cuisines and offerings that might increase their culinary experiences. This trend explains why the company is capable of expanding its menu by monitoring and borrowing ideas from other firms in the global sector.
- The wave of globalization is capable of allowing this emerging firm to acquire additional raw materials in a timely manner to address the needs and expectations of the targeted customers.
- The changing social dynamics are making it possible for more people to earn better salaries. This achievement means that they will be willing to spend their financial resources on luxury products and foods (*). Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria can capitalize on this new development to transform its model and eventually achieve the intended goals.
- Most of the countries in North America and across the globe are experiencing increased economic growth patterns, such as the United States, China, and Brazil (Famoso, n.d.). The leaders at Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria can analyze some of these markets keenly and embrace the idea of international business. This long-term goal will make the business more sustainable and successful.
- The development of a superior organizational culture can make it easier for this firm to attract additional talent and rely on it to meet the expectations of most of the targeted customers.
- Famoso Pizzeria stands a chance to face stiff competition from some of the established businesses in Canada, including Starbucks and McDonalds. This reality means that the firm should focus on new ideas to attract and maintain more customers in Canada.
- The decision to expand its operations across the region might affect its business model, stretch the demanded resources, and eventually make the firm unsustainable.
- The global community is presently focusing on businesses that are taking the issue of environmental conservation seriously (Yuliansyah, Gurd, & Mohamed, 2017). Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria will have to consider these forces if it is to achieve its long-term goals.
- This sector is one of the easiest to target and invest in since businesspeople will only require reduced capital. This aspect explains why the level of competition might increase in the near future and affect the percentage of the recorded profits (Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria, n.d.).
- Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria’s failure to offer personalized products and experiences might result in reduced sales and overall profits.
The presented research paper has identified Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria as one of the leading bakers and marketers of pizzas in Canada. The owners borrowed a unique Italian style that resonated with the demands of most of the targeted customers. The analysis has outlined some of the strengths and opportunities that can make this emerging firm more successful. Its leaders can rely on such attributes to mitigate some of the outlined threats and weaknesses to maximize profitability and business sustainability.
Famoso. (n.d.). Our Neapolitan pizza.
Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria. (n.d.). Bloomberg.
PMQ Pizza Magazine. (2018). The 2019 pizza power report: A state-of-the-industry analysis. PMQ.
Yuliansyah, Y., Gurd, B., & Mohamed, N. (2017). The significant of business strategy in improving organizational performance. Humanomics, 33(10), 56-74.