- 🔝 Top-10 Strategic Human Resource Planning Example Essays
- 👔 Strategic Human Resource Planning: Basics
- 🌟 Strategic Human Resource Planning: Benefits
- ✅ Strategic Human Resource Planning Step by Step
- 🏆 Best Strategic Human Resource Planning Research Titles
- 📝 Strategic Human Resource Planning Research Paper Examples
Among fierce rivalry for talent, a company’s success hinges on its ability to manage its most valuable asset: its people. Human resource strategic management is the key to unlocking a company’s full potential and gaining a competitive edge in the market.
Keep reading to learn how to develop and implement a strategic human resource planning procedure. Besides, find a list of helpful essay examples to enhance your studies!
🔝 Top-10 Strategic Human Resource Planning Example Essays
- Human Resource Manager' Professionalism
- Sheikh Saeed Bin Ahmed Al Maktoum's Private Office's Human Resources
- Strategic Human Resource Management and Its Role
- Starbucks HR Strategy: Policies, Management, & Issues
- McDonald’s Company Human Resource Strategy
- Google's and Westpac's Human Resource Strategies
- How Recruitment and Selection Affect Organisational Performance
- Human Resource Management, Planning, and Policies
- Strategic Human Resource Management and Objectives
- Talent Development, Maintenance and Retention
👔 Strategic Human Resource Planning: Basics
What Is Strategic Human Resource Planning?
Strategic human resource planning (SHRP) is a business activity that ensures companies have the right talents and skills needed to reach both long-term and short-term goals. It tries to predict the demand and supply of human resources to avoid shortages and shortfalls.
What Is the Purpose of the Strategic Human Resource Process?
The purpose of the strategic human resource process is to direct the employees’ efforts to accomplish the business goals. There are several strategies companies can use to boost employees’ capabilities, such as having coaching sessions, empowering employees through learning, and many more.
🌟 Strategic Human Resource Planning: Benefits
Market Trends Monitoring
Monitoring market trends and other external factors can benefit the organization’s overall HR strategy. To accomplish it, we suggest answering several questions:
- What is the condition of the labor market now?
- What do employees usually demand?
- What technological advances can change the market?
- How can future economic changes impact the market?
- What are the government regulations business owners need to know about?
Understanding Current Situation and Future Anticipation
Planning the HR strategy starts with understanding the current situation. In a self-assessment, HR managers can ask the following questions:
- What goes well?
- What could go better?
- Which processes are efficient and which are not?
- What takes the most time and energy from the team?
- Which manual tasks the team has to do?
Besides understanding the current situation, business owners must have a long-term plan for the future. These questions can help to predict the future problem:
- Can the business achieve its goals with its current assets?
- Can an organization employ new people?
- How can HR managers help retain existing employees?
- Will training strategy help the team to develop new skills?
Current HR Technology Evaluation
Lastly, businesses should look at their current HR technologies. The main goal of various HR software is to help teams to remove bottlenecks in the present HR workflow.
✅ Strategic Human Resource Planning Step by Step
Successful companies with solid teams do not happen by accident. Even though every plan will look different based on the company, the strategic human resource planning process will be similar. Let’s consider it step by step.
1. Assess the Present HR Capacity
The first step in human resource planning is to look at the employees and talents that organizations have already hired. Human resource managers need to utilize all the resources available. One of the things that the HR team can do is to ask employees to do a self-evaluation through a survey to understand what talents and skills they currently have.
2. Forecast HR Needs
Once you understand the resources available, it is time to start forecasting future needs. One of the most critical tasks is to realize whether the company needs to employ new people and whether the employees with the required qualifications are available within or outside the organization. The HR team will need to forecast demand and supply and create a plan to match the demand and supply.
3. Develop HR Strategies
After accessing the company’s staffing needs, it is time to start developing HR and talent strategies. There are several steps in this process:
|📌 Recruitment||HR managers start looking for candidates by posting job ads on websites, looking through social media networks for qualified candidates, or asking current employees to recommend people they know who fit the role.|
|📌 Selection||It’s the next step that involves conducting interviews and understanding who fits best for the position.|
|📌 Hiring||It’s a process that includes sending the formal job offer to the selected candidate and receiving an acceptance letter.|
|📌 Training and development||This step starts after bringing in new employees. Each company needs to develop an employee onboarding process to streamline the transition.|
|📌 Benefits administration||It helps businesses keep employees happy and ensure they don’t leave. Health insurance, competitive salary, and other benefits can attract new hires.|
|📌 Performance management||It helps companies identify areas where employees are successful and areas that require improvement. It is also a way to keep employees incentivized.|
|📌 Employee relations||This is an integrated approach to attracting new employees and retaining the current ones. A safe and friendly working environment can boost the productivity and loyalty of the team.|
4. Evaluate and Review the Plan
After the plan is ready, human resource managers should take time to evaluate and review it. The plan should help the organization reach overall production, profit, and employee satisfaction goals.
Thank you for reading the article. We hope you understand what steps need to be taken for strategic human resource planning to be effective. Check the list with human resource strategic plan example papers below for more inspiration. Good luck!
🏆 Best Strategic Human Resource Planning Research Titles
- Wal-Mart’s Human Resource Strategy and PlanBusiness essay sample: Human resource management is a function that is designed to maximize employee contribution to an organization.
- Strategic Human Resource Management: Concepts and CasesBusiness essay sample: Strategic human resource management (SHRM) is a tactical method for the management of an organisation’s human resource function in line with organisational goals and objectives.
- Wal-Mart Company's Operations ManagementBusiness essay sample: This paper focuses on the issue of empty shelves that has recently faced the operations management function at Wal-Mart, its underlying causes, and possible solutions.
- Strategies in the Human Resource ManagementBusiness essay sample: Formulating business strategies in an organization involves systematic planning and coordination between organizations departments.
- Management Development: Human Resource PlanningBusiness essay sample: Management Development is best defined as the procedure from which administrators study and advance their capabilities not only to benefit themselves but also their organizations.
- Human Resource Planning Role in Business OrganizationsBusiness essay sample: HR planning is a critical concept in every business organization.s’. Managers should analyze the needs of their organization's, monitor and evaluate the implemented HR plan.
- The Importance of Human Resource Program ImplementationBusiness essay sample: This paper discusses the importance of human resource, organizational behavior, role of the office of human resource management.
- McDonald’s Company’s Strategic HR DirectionBusiness essay sample: McDonald’s Corporation was started in the year 1940 and is said to be the biggest chain of fast food restaurants in the world.
- Strategic Human Resources Management in Service IndustryBusiness essay sample: There're 5 steps in Strategic planning in Human Resources maintained in this report: Mission and goals. Environmental analysis. Strategic formulation. Strategy implementation.
- Human Resource Planning in a Changing and Dynamic Economic EnvironmentBusiness essay sample: The literature review will focus on the many aspects of human resource planning, the advantages and disadvantage of HR planning, some aspects of HRM, and theories and concepts.
- Align HR With Organization StrategyBusiness essay sample: Human resources alignment means integrating decisions about people with decisions about the results an organization is trying to obtain (U.S Office of Personnel Management, 1999).
- Effective Performance Management Systems in Australian OrganizationsBusiness essay sample: This report will focus on the strategies that organizations, especially in Australia, can use to improve the performance management system.
- People Power: Driving Fashion ForwardBusiness essay sample: Many organisations have resorted to the People Power approach as a HRM tool as it recognises the major role employees play in determining the future of the business.
- "Managing Human Resources" Book by Jackson et al.Business essay sample: Most organizations work towards ensuring that they have workers with a strong wish of work and capable of dealing with crucial aggressive demanding or stimulating situations.
- Kamuga Motors Company's Human Resource PlanningBusiness essay sample: Despite Kamuga Motors Company emphasizing recruiting qualified personnel, it uses a dynamic learning approach to equip its employees with the necessary skills.
- Internal and External Influences on the CompanyBusiness essay sample: Internal elements are more critical to its growth and sustainability than external factors that have gained momentum.
- Recruitment Process in the Human Resource ManagementBusiness essay sample: Human Resource Management is an aspect of normal operation and maintenance of businesses with regard to recruitment, development of benefit packages, compensations, and training.
- Workforce in Strategic Human Resource ManagementBusiness essay sample: This essay shows the rising importance of resources in SHRM and investigates if the resource-based view has resulted in a diminished focus on people.
- Managing Human Resources: Through Strategic PartnershipBusiness essay sample: Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the overall organizational method of screening the function and purpose of HRM in a well-built organization.
- Developing Strategic HRM Policies and PlansBusiness essay sample: The current state of competition in business environment calls for organizations to be open to embracing changes and innovations aimed at helping them gain competitive advantages.
📝 Strategic Human Resource Planning Research Paper Examples
- Human Resource Career Paths and Strategic PlanningBusiness essay sample: This paper overviews human resources career paths and analyzes how companies conduct the implementation of their human resources strategic plans.
- Business Issues in the Context of HR ManagementBusiness essay sample: The role of human resource (HR) management in the work of modern business organizations is not limited solely to monitoring the productivity of employees and their success.
- Managing HR in a Business Context - 3F Brief Business EnvironmentBusiness essay sample: The use of lower-cost raw materials brings cost reduction. Nevertheless, no further innovation in products according to customer needs is an issue to be solved.
- Effective Human Resource Practices and Employee MotivationBusiness essay sample: This paper explains the way effective HRM practices help to improve employee satisfaction and development, thus increasing performance in organizations.
- Nike Inc.: Demand and Supply ForecastBusiness essay sample: An overview of the demand and supply in human resources in the sporting gear industry. Nike Inc. that reflects the general trends in human resource planning in the industry.
- Human Resource Management Strategy Plan in Tesla CompanyBusiness essay sample: The current project targets discrimination, work process safety, and communication breakdown between the bottom-level employees in Tesla and supervisors.
- Human Resources and Their Developing RoleBusiness essay sample: The purpose of this paper is to discuss the developing role of HR, its internal and external factors, strategy formulation and implementation, etc.
- HR Planning and Human ResourcesBusiness essay sample: Human resources planning is an essential element of a company’s performance since it helps in determining its objectives, strategies and goals.
- Valtech Company: Role of HRM in Strategic ManagementBusiness essay sample: HR management is one of the factors that increase the organization's leadership. The purpose of this paper is to discuss the main issues related to the HR management of an IT company Valtech.
- The Importance of Human Resource Information SystemsBusiness essay sample: The following paper is related to the topic of Human Resource Information System, the field of Human Resource Information System is extremely dynamic and immeasurably enormous.
- Google: Human Resources ManagementBusiness essay sample: The present paper will discuss the HRM environment and practices at Google, one of the largest and most profitable global companies.
- Human Resource Planning by UnileverBusiness essay sample: The aim of the assignment is to collect the data and evaluate current HR practices and approaches used by Unilever.
- Human Resource Planning and ManagementBusiness essay sample: This paper states that human resource planning and management are of paramount importance in any given organization.
- Strategic Human Resource Management Proposal EssayBusiness essay sample: The paper is focused on policies for new standards of practice, and a program of strategic initiatives to enhance human resource management throughout the business.
- Recruiting and Retention at Google CorporationBusiness essay sample: In Google, the retention of human resources is a strategic activity aimed at interesting its employees in further work in the company despite periodic difficulties.
- Airline Human Resource ManagementBusiness essay sample: The HRM of O.R Tambo International Airport in South Africa is critically evaluated in this paper to assess the HRM of the airline.
- Human Resource Management for Tourism, Sports and Creative IndustriesBusiness essay sample: Scholars in HRM have attempted to develop different approaches in managing events. We shall focus on human resource management in sports.
- The Eco-Café Company: Strategic Human Resource ManagementBusiness essay sample: Human resource managers have the responsibility to align their planning with the employers' business objectives. The Eco-Café Company’s business goal is enhancing its market reach.
- Human Resource Planning the Organization UnileverBusiness essay sample: The paper discusses and analyzes human resource planning and its impact on the organization, Unilever. Is given special attention to organization, industry analysis and HR strategies.
- Aramex Human Resources PracticesBusiness essay sample: The HRM practices in Aramex were analyzed and critically evaluated. Aramex's hiring and selection practices are broadly in line with the company's business strategy.