One of the major problems in the world is environmental pollution. Excessive carbon emission from the industries is the major reason behind environmental pollution. Due to excessive carbon emissions, unpredictable climate change takes place all over the world. It is necessary to reduce carbon emissions from industries. Carbon Trust is an independent government authority developed with the objective to work with the UK business to reduce the carbon content from their business. This authority measures the amount of carbon emitted by each business in UK and how many tons of carbon they have taken out. The Carbon Trust is broken into four divisions namely Innovations, The Carbon Trust Standard Company, The Carbon Legal Company and Carbon Solutions. This authority is set up mainly to make awareness among the business world and to save the energy at a higher extent so that it is possible to make the environment free from pollution. The carbon surveys provide the details regarding emission of carbon from the enterprise and provide ways to reduce it. The Carbon Trust focuses on an environment which is totally free from carbon content.We will write a custom The Carbon Trust Standard Company specifically for you
for only $14.00 $11,90/page 308 certified writers online Learn More
Carbon Trust is an independent government organization developed for the purpose of reducing carbon emissions of the UK Businesses. Carbon Trust is a society-friendly organization. Emission of carbon leads to changes in the climate and problems to human health. “The Carbon Trust’s mission is to accelerate the move to a low carbon economy, by working with organizations to reduce carbon emissions now and develop commercial low carbon technologies for the future.” (About us, 2009, para.1).
Emission of carbon from the industries can be reduced by using appropriate technology which requires less use of energy and which remits less amount of carbon.
Diversifications and services
- Carbon Trust has different diversifications and services.
- It acts as advisor for enterprises. According to this, it provides suitable solutions in order to reduce carbon emission.
- Carbon Trust undertakes the development of low carbon technologies Pioneered with Energy Technologies Institute (ETI) and Technologies Strategy Board (TSB). It is capable to reduce excessive emission of carbon from the enterprises.
- Carbon Trust investment finances clear energy technology businesses in order to deliver clean energy businesses. It will satisfy the carbon trust company objectives.
- Carbon Trust supports low carbon business through carbon trust enterprises. They have carbon trust Label Company, carbon trust standard company, connective energy section, partnerships for renewable section and in source energy section. Primary motive behind the development of all these is reducing carbon emissions in the businesses.
Carbon Trust Label Company offers label for the product based on the carbon measurement of the product. Carbon trust standard company measures and manages the carbon footprint according to the situation and ensures further reductions year on year. Connective energy section’s objective is to lead suppliers in low carbon heating solutions. In-source solutions mainly look into foods and drinks sector. They have undertaken different projects in public sector and deliver better services to ensure the carbon emission at a lower rate.
“A specific group of consumers at which a company aims its products and services.” (Target market: Definition, 2009, para.1).
Small and large enterprises and Government authorities are considered as target customers of Carbon Trust. Those companies whose energy bills are over 50k pounds sterling would be eligible for carbon trust products. According to the size of energy bills of the company survey was divided into three.
- One day survey
- Standard survey
- Extended survey.
One day survey was conducted within the companies whose energy bills were between 50k-250k pound sterling. Standard survey was undertaken within the companies whose energy bills were between 250k-500k pound sterling and extended survey was undertaken within companies whose energy bills were between 500k-3m pound sterling.Get your
100% original paper on any topic done
in as little as 3 hours Learn More
Carbon Trust Strategies
To overcome certain environmental challenges, Carbon Trust has developed a three stage process to help those organizations who wish to reduce the amount of carbon emitted from their business. There are three stage approaches undertaken by Carbon Trust in order to reduce the carbon emission.
- Direct emissions reductions
- Indirect emissions reductions
- Offsetting (optional) (The carbon trust three stage approach to developing a robust offsetting strategy: Download this publication, 2009).
Direct emissions reductions
This is mainly focused on calculating direct carbon emissions. Companies would have lot of benefits through achieving this.
- Cost of production: One of the benefits is reducing cost of production: it is possible through reducing energy bills, transportation cost, reducing wastes and handling charges
- Operating efficiency: Direct emissions reduction is capable to increase operating efficiency. It is helpful to increase the quality of products.
- Reducing regulatory risk: E.g. climate change level (CCL), Energy performance of building directive (EPBD) etc.
- Corporate image: If corporate undertake the direct emissions reductions activities it is helpful to increase their corporate image in society and increase sales of their products. People always prefer eco-friendly products
Indirect emissions reductions
There should be analysis about the raw materials used to measure any possibility to cut carbon emission items in order to develop low carbon product. Supply chain approach is helpful to reduce carbon emissions and energy cost significantly resulting in profit maximization of the organization. Carbon Trust developed supply chain methodology in order to increase the perfection of development of low carbon products. The technique used in the system was standard life cycle analysis.
This is another approach of Carbon Trust towards the organizations that need to reduce carbon emissions comparing to previous stages or may perceive the current technologies do not reduce the cost of production. “A reduction in carbon dioxide by a third party purchased by a heavy carbon dioxide producer as part of carbon emissions trading.” (Definitions: Carbon offset 2009, para.1).
The company may acquire the offset as project type, labelling service offered etc. Carbon Trust can provide good quality of offsets according to the situation of the organization. These are the three strategies of Carbon Trust. They can assist the organizations according to their need. Carbon Trust can assist to increase the efficiency of the organization. The decisions regarding their products are undertaken by the top level management. As it can provide cost reduction, most of the managements would be interested to implement carbon emissions activities. Apart from this, it is capable to improve the brand image of the company. Brand image is one of the essential factors regarding the purchasing decision of the customer.
- Carbon trust products are helpful in reduction of cost of production of the organization
- It is helpful to create brand image of the organization
- Increase the efficiency
- Protects the environment
- Carbon foot print products demand would be high
- Provides financial assistance in order to undertake the carbon emissions reductions projects
- Estimating a full foot print of the product is difficult
- No clarity for method of calculation
- Tools used for calculating carbon foot print of the product may be difficult or simple. It depends on nature of the products
- Large market size
- Awareness among customers regarding the importance
- Different benefits obtained to the organization through the implementation of carbon emissions reduction projects threats
- If carbon emissions reduction project is implemented by organization, it may provide negative impact on the organization.
- Implementation of carbon trust product is difficult in certain complex projects.
- Global warming
- Increasing health disease
Generate 2,500 surveys within one year with the total budget of 850,000 Pound Sterling. In order to generate the 2500 surveys there should be clear interrelation among agencies, consultants, and promotional activities in order to meet the target. Effective communication plans lead to capture the target customer. Agency should have good brand image within the market. They should undertake the commitment and responsibility in order to do the business perfectly. Consultants should have the knowledge regarding the concerned industry. There should be an active member in order to measure the activities and implementation of action plan based on the measurement during the project period.
Effective communication will generate the survey because it will capture the target customer. So, major challenge behind the development of communication plan is there should not be any communication error.We will write a custom
The Carbon Trust Standard Company
specifically for you!
Get your first paper with 15% OFF Learn More
Consequences of the communication errors
- Target customer may not be aware about the message. Selection of advertisement channel is crucial in this stage.
- Target customer may not capture the message: This is another problem of communication error this is because of wrong communication ideas.
- Business channels can be used for advertisement of Carbon Trust products. Advertisement would be mentioning the importance of protection of environment. Besides, the company’s efficiency increases through reducing cost of production. Advertisement would inform financial assistance for implementation of Carbon Trust products free of interest.
- Entrepreneurial magazines or other business magazines are another source for advertisement. As we focus on managing directors and facility managers, advertisement through these magazines will be helpful to capture the target customer.
- Conducting exhibitions and event managements in order to create awareness among public and importance of protection of environment and usage of carbon foot print products. It will be helpful to increase the demand for carbon foot print products.
- Online marketing: This is another source of marketing. Employees send mail to concerned target customers regarding importance of carbon emissions reductions within the organizations.
- Telemarketing: This is the advertisement through telephone, directly contacting the target customers
- Direct marketing: Consultants directly visit the target customers and explain the importance of carbon emissions reduction and benefits obtained through the usage of carbon emissions reductions. 60% is the expected conversion rate from the survey. Analyze the demand and supply. If consultants cannot meet appropriate order, recruit the consultants on contract basis.
Methodology is the systematic order involved in conducting a research process. It involves design, data collection, methods, various statistical tools used and other techniques during the study.
Data Research: The study was conducted only on the basis of primary data collected. Primary data is the data collected for specific purpose in first hand. It means data collected by the investigator or his representatives. The data are collected by facility managers, MDS, energy managers, entrepreneurs in the UK businesses.
Territory: The territory selected for the study is UK.
Research Approach: To collect the primary data is the approach adopted method involved in the survey. This is helpful to learn their knowledge, attitudes, satisfaction etc.
Research Instruments: Questionnaire was considered as research instrument.
It involved three major elements:
- Sampling plan: it is about whom should be surveyed. In this study, sampling unit were business MDs, energy managers, facility managers etc.
- Sampling size: It is about how many people should be surveyed. The sample size fixed for the survey was 2500. Each of the individual were surveyed and made to fill the questionnaire.
- Sampling technique: Sampling technique used for the study was non probability convenience sampling.
Contact Methods: Contact methods applied for the study included personal interview. In personal interviewing respondents were contacted for appointments and then personally met them to get the information.Not sure if you can write
The Carbon Trust Standard Company by yourself?
We can help you
for only $14.00 $11,90/page Learn More
Analysis Tools: Analysis took place after the collection of data. Percentage analysis has been done to analyze the data.
Table – 1:
|ENERGY CONSUMPTION RATE|
|KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CARBON TRUST PRODUCT|
Table – 3:
|INFORMATION ABOUT CARBON TRUST PRODUCTS|
Table – 4
|OPINION ABOUT PRODUCT|
Table – 5:
|CARBON ENERGY SOURCES OF THE COMPANY|
Table – 6:
|COST OF PRODUCTION|
Table – 7:
|Carbon emissions reduction program|
Findings and Recommendations
- Majority of energy consumption rate belong to the group of 50-250.
- People have only average knowledge regarding the product. Company should increase promotional activities in order to get better knowledge regarding company products and services
- Websites, consultants and media bear important role providing information regarding the products and services to the public.
- Most of the respondents opined that Carbon Trust products and services are excellent.
- When analyzing the company’s carbon energy sources, most of the companies use high carbon energy sources for their products.
- Most of the companies opined that they have high cost of production.
- Majority of the companies would like to implement the carbon emissions reductions programs. Some complex projects companies opined that they couldn’t implement the program due to technological problems or other environmental impact
- Website should be developed to get details of visitors’ information. It will be helpful to consultants to meet them personally.
- Website should undertake the survey according to the situation
- ECRM will increase the efficiency of organization. If e-CRM is implemented, it leads to increase the customer satisfaction, growth and revenues. Customers can handle the business without any technological barriers.
- There should be good feasibility between customers’ need and web solutions. There is good scope for e-CRM in the company. It will be capable to provide the new business and technologies towards the customer through web. It can act as a front office executive role.
- Besides online applications, customer care centre can be developed through this system.
- The research Study was based on sample. So, accurate information may not be involved.
- Limited time is not sufficient to cover the entire aspect of study.
- People are often found to be reluctant to give accurate information which may cause to bias on the result
Carbon Trust’s innovative strategies helped to create good perception among public. Companies understood carbon emission reduction is helpful to decrease the production cost and carbon foot print is helpful to create good image and sales promotion in the market. Besides, Carbon Trust provides interest free loans in order to implement carbon emissions reduction program. Carbon Trust undertakes different innovative technologies in order to reduce carbon emissions. So, majority of the companies would like to implement carbon emissions reduction programs in order to increase their efficiency as well as profit maximization.
- Company name:
- Energy consumption rate:
Awareness About The Product
Knowledge about Carbon Trust products:
- Very good
Where did you get the information about carbon trust?
What is your opinion about the product?
- not effective
- not respondent
Are you using low carbon energy sources or not?
Do you feel cost of production high or not?
Do you like to implement carbon emissions reduction program?
- not now
- not respondent
About us. (2009). Carbon Trust. Web.
Definitions: Carbon offset. (2009). All Words.com: English Dictionary-With Multi-Lingual Search. Web.
Target market: Definition. (2009). Entrepreneur. Web.
The carbon trust three stage approach to developing a robust offsetting strategy: Download this publication. (2009). Carbon Trust. Web.