- 🔝 Top-10 International Strategy Examples
- 📍 What Is International Strategy & Why Is It Important?
- 📊 International Strategy Analysis: 4 Types of Strategies
- 📝 International Strategy Research Paper Examples
- 💡 Essay Ideas on International Strategy
- 👍 Good International Strategy Essay Examples to Write about
In the big picture, an international strategy is a new plan for companies already in business in domestic markets that focuses on capturing more consumers on the world market. If you need to conduct international strategy analysis, you’re in the right place. Get inspired by the collection we’ve gathered! Here you’ll find PepsiCo and Starbucks international strategy examples, together with many other A+ essays on the topic.
🔝 Top-10 Employee Engagement Strategy Examples
- Bank of China: Internationalization Strategy
- Accounting Theory in International Financial Reporting Standards
- International Financial Reporting Standards Convergence
- Netflix Objectives, Plan, & Mission [Strategic Audit of a Corporation]
- Southwest Airlines Strategies
- Pfizer Inc.’s Strategic and Operational Planning
- Pepsi Company Analysis: Operations and Performance
- Coca-Cola International Enterprise Company Analysis
- Shipping Company Expansion Plan
- Emirates & British Airlines' Human Resources Strategies
📍 What Is International Strategy & Why Is It Important?
When a company aims for expansion of business across borders or overseas, international strategy is the blueprint to achieve international success. In strategic management, companies that operate beyond their domestic borders are called global companies or multinational corporations (MNC).
Valuable international strategy examples are those that balance the business budget, product pricing levels, and considerations about whether to offer new versions of products to align with a foreign culture or market.
Why is International Strategy Important?
International strategy is the process for companies to follow when diving into the international marketplace. There is no cookie-cutter approach, although companies that are doing it right internationally can serve as inspiration. PepsiCo’s international strategy is a good example of such a source of inspiration.
What is Entry Strategy in International Market?
A market entry strategy is how goods and services are delivered to the new target market and how they’re distributed to customers. International strategy balances how centralized operations are conducted from company headquarters versus what global distribution will look like.
📊 International Strategy Analysis: 4 Types of Strategies
The first step is for company leaders to pick which type of strategy model to follow. International strategy analysis will reveal which is best suited for each business.
|International Strategy||Companies using an international strategy do not lower costs across different markets or make changes to their product based on the foreign market. The intention is for the brand to remain the same across the world to those who want it and are able to pay for it.|
|Global Strategy||Global strategy assesses a market for financials and offers their product or service at a lower cost to consumers in some countries or regions. There is no change to the company’s offerings. There may be changes to packaging and specific marketing efforts to suit the foreign customer base, including the local culture and customs.|
|Transitional Strategy||Transitional strategy is sometimes referred to as “glocal” (Mixing global and local). This strategy keeps the existing product the same across international borders while adding some tweaks or new features to meet new market customer preferences.|
|Multi-Domestic Strategy||A company tailors its products or services for each unique market. The multi-domestic strategy takes local tastes and culture into account to offer customers exactly what they want in their home market.|
Some examples of companies with great international strategies are:
If you’re looking for more international strategy examples, check the collection of essay samples on the topic.
📝 International Strategy Research Paper Examples
- Marriott International Company's Strategic DirectionBusiness essay sample: The paper aims to analyze Marriott by examining market brands that cut across the entire economic-level consumer segments and the factors that shape the strategic direction.
- Walmart Company's Global Strategy and International BusinessBusiness essay sample: This paper presents the analysis of the global strategy and international business with respect to Wal-Mart. The paper provides a detailed analysis of Wal-Mart and looks at some approaches.
- The Coca-Cola Company's International ManagementBusiness essay sample: The strategy that Coca-Cola has adopted in its international venture has been successful because it has helped the company reach great heights.
- Strategies for Managing Workplace Cultural Diversity in International OrganizationsBusiness essay sample: Cultural diversity in the workplace can be associated with both positive and negative outcomes depending on the management strategy.
- Forest International Company: Human Resources StrategyBusiness essay sample: Employee health and safety standards have continued to pose serious challenges to many organizations. The problem with Forest International is that it has had a long history of work related injuries.
- Puma Company's International Business StrategyBusiness essay sample: Several things made Puma a successful product. As a brand, Puma focused more on its consumers than on the profit margins.
- Unilever Company. International Strategic Management.Business essay sample: Unilever Corporation, the world’s second largest producer of consumer products. Unilever has world wide operations, sells food, household articles and personal care products.
- Internalization Theory and Eclectic ParadigmBusiness essay sample: Before internalization theory, it was assumed that FDI was the natural form of the local production strategy. Internalization theory pointed out that licensing was an option.
- Starbucks’ Expansion in Central and Eastern EuropeBusiness essay sample: Starbucks Corporation is and has always been a place where you can find good coffee. Some customers visit starbucks chain stores to sip the best coffee in the world.
- Impact of International Trade on ChinaBusiness essay sample: To understand China’s growth we need to understand its history and the events that have propelled it into the world market arena and ultimately how these events have impacted its trade policy.
- Internal and External Economic BalanceBusiness essay sample: Definition of economic balance; exploration of the difficulties, paradoxes, and challenges a state is faced with when it has set as purpose economic balance in an open economy.
- Zara Company’s Business Model, Competition, ValuesBusiness essay sample: Zara’s business model relies on its strategies and approaches to market trends. This relates to its corporate, business, and functional strategies.
- Zara Company’s International Strategy and SuccessBusiness essay sample: Zara had followed international expansion strategy, market-based pricing strategy, new product development strategy, and social strategy involving dialogue with employees.
- Samsung Mobile Phones in the United StatesBusiness essay sample: The management report of Samsung USA begins with a strategic analysis of the company with a detailed SWOT analysis of the organization based on its current position.
- Rhodes Industries: Analysis of a Failing CompanyBusiness essay sample: Rhodes Industries were a company started by Robert Rhodes in the year 1950 in Canada Robert Rhodes. He promoted the business by manufacturing pipes and glasses for industrial use.
- The Concept of International Human Resource ManagementBusiness essay sample: Common concept of human resource management illustrates how to adopt the right man for the right place. Both individual and organizational goals entail this process.
- International Business Opportunities in the Long TailBusiness essay sample: The term "Long Tail" describes a business strategy that is fundamental to any business. This strategy emphasizes the advantage of having more customers to whom smaller quantities can be sold.
- Corporate Social Responsibility as an International StrategyBusiness essay sample: The paper addresses the major forms of CSR initiatives and the criticism that has been raised against their use and gives a critical analysis and conclusion on the subject.
- Strategic Management Analysis of WalmartBusiness essay sample: This paper seeks to look into Wal-Mart's planned expansion, the challenges it is likely to face, and the opportunities presented by the Asian and European markets.
- The Company Wal-Mart: OverviewBusiness essay sample: Wal-Mart is the largest employer in the USA. The company is also a leader in the grocery stores industry and ranks third in the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Arcelik: International Business StrategyBusiness essay sample: Arcelik, today, is on track to become a leading manufacturer of global household appliances through its strategies and continuous improvement.
- Organizational Strategy and Planning for Bradford & Bingley PlcBusiness essay sample: The report of Bradford & Bingley Plc begins with a strategic analysis of the company with an exhaustive SWOT and PEST analysis of the organization based on its current position.
💡 Essay Ideas on International Strategy
- Strategic Analysis of Coach IncBusiness essay sample: The report of Coach Inc begins with a strategic analysis of the company with a detailed SWOT analysis of the organization based on its current position.
- The Impact of Global Crisis in Albanian MarketsBusiness essay sample: The global economic crunches, despite having a hard hit on the business communities that have been in Albania for a long, have made a positive impact on the country.
- Business Environment and OrganisationBusiness essay sample: Business environment basically means the surrounding factors and influences that affect trade. It can be categorized into two; internal and external.
- Strategy Management: IKEA InternationalBusiness essay sample: The essay analyzes the structural design, the key strategic control systems, the primary people concerns, cultural factors, and the strategic implementation of IKEA international.
- Fiat Company's International ManagementBusiness essay sample: The Fiat company has four types of brands in the international markets. They are unique and are identified by their manufacturing solutions, styles, and innovative content.
- Tengelmann: International BusinessBusiness essay sample: Tengelmann is a privately owned food retailer based in Muelheim, West Germany. The company was founded in 1867 by Wilhelm Schmitz.
- Lufthansa Going Global. Company AnalysisBusiness essay sample: Lufthansa is one of the largest airlines in Europe based on the total number of passengers carried. The airline is also the flag carrier of Germany.
- Lufthansa: Going Global and Managing ComplexityBusiness essay sample: Lufthansa is one of the largest commercial airlines in the world. To expand internationally Lufthansa takes steps that range from integrating the efforts of its business segments
- International Marketing StrategyBusiness essay sample: The main driver of international marketing is usually the desire to maximize on profits thereby improving the shareholders value.
- International Business Strategy: Case Study on Clippy BagBusiness essay sample: Based on Clippy London’s products, I would strongly recommend business franchising as the entry mode to different international markets.
- Strategy Audit: Novartis International AG.Business essay sample: One of the major threats that Novartis face from the task environment is the loss of market individuality. Their product Diovan is threatened in the market.
- International Strategic Management OverviewBusiness essay sample: The purpose of this paper is to provide an extensive overview of the essential topics of international strategic management.
- IKEA’s Path of InternationalizationBusiness essay sample: The current report focuses on exploring IKEA's approach toward internationalization and international expansion as a component of its strategy.
- BUPA International Recent Change Management Project or StrategyBusiness essay sample: This essay affords a critical analysis and reflection on a recent change management project or strategy that has been undertaken in a health organization.
- Suzuki & Volkswagen: Case StudyBusiness essay sample: The paper provides examples from the case to illustrate how differences in national culture contributed to the problems in the relationship between Suzuki and Volkswagen.
- Syndicating the Hong Kong Disneyland Loan by ChaseBusiness essay sample: This paper focuses on Chase Bank. The goal is to investigate its strategy for syndicating the Hong Kong Disneyland loan.
- Syndicating the Hong Kong Disneyland LoanBusiness essay sample: The location helped investment groups like Disney and the Hong Kong government to be comfortable with their risk exposure when contracting Chase as their loan manager
- Tempur Sealy International PerfomanceBusiness essay sample: The strategic analysis will discuss the performance of Tempur Sealy International relative to its technology industry.
- American Airlines' Strategic Position AnalysisBusiness essay sample: American Airlines' strategic position can be understood through doing an HR analysis, financial resource analysis, and operational resource analysis.
- International Human Resource Management: Decision-Making ProcessBusiness essay sample: To address any need for coordination and management of foreign affiliates and adaptation to local ecosystems, International Human Resource Management can be used.
- Analysis of International ManagementBusiness essay sample: The paper presents the differences in cultures of two countries in evaluating the International Human Resource Management challenges: the United States of America and China.
- Adidas Speedfactory Relocation Project AssessmentBusiness essay sample: The most recent project that Adidas has launched is related to the relocating of its speedfactories that manufacture sporting shoes using robotics from Germany and the USA to Asia.
👍 Good International Strategy Essay Examples to Write about
- The Leadership Styles AnalysisBusiness essay sample: This paper gives the brief analysis of the leader-member exchange model and the team leadership. It also examines ethical, adaptive and authentic leadership styles.
- Parker Pen Company: Case StudyBusiness essay sample: In order to sell its products abroad, Parker Pen Company could adopt its products to local needs and cultural principles.
- CVS Pharmacy: SWOT AnalysisBusiness essay sample: The paper focuses on the opportunities section of the SWOT analysis of CVS Pharmacy. They consider external factors, which can improve the current state of a company.
- Project Kirana: External Factors and CSRBusiness essay sample: The paper explores Project Kirana's peculiarities through the prism of external factors, Corporate Social Responsibility, and ethical considerations.
- Evaluation of the Root’s Model ComponentsBusiness essay sample: The purpose of the essay is to review five foreign market business entry modes in light of Root's model aspects.
- Chiquita Brands International's Ethical DilemmaBusiness essay sample: Chiquita Brands International is one of the examples of how disregarding moral and legal principles in a challenging ethical situation destroyed the company’s reputation.
- Shareholders’ Analysis of Amazon.com Inc.Business essay sample: Following the incorporation of Amazon.com, Inc. in 1994, the company has been dedicated to improving its public image.
- Strategy Planning for Market Expansion of Non-ProfitBusiness essay sample: Strategic planning refers to the process of documenting and mapping the objectives of specific organizations and the outline of their execution by assessing assets and plans.
- Discussion of Human Resource ManagementBusiness essay sample: The features of international human resource management are studied, and the question of the exclusivity of HR as an element of leadership in an organization is considered.
- Starbucks Company's Overview and Competitor AnalysisBusiness essay sample: Starbucks products' life cycle considerations are essential as they can allow for understanding their popularity, potential revenue, and future opportunities.
- Performance Management Strategy in the Pfizer OrganizationBusiness essay sample: Pfizer is the most high-profile and premier biopharmaceutical cooperation. Its significant sections include Pharmacy Services and Long-Term Care.
- AT&T TOWS Analysis: The Network of the FutureBusiness essay sample: Based on PESTEL and SWOT analyses, it is possible to conclude that the most significant issues of AT&T are emphasis on the US and its highly competitive environment.
- Enron Case Study: Analysis of the Company's HistoryBusiness essay sample: Enron was an energy-trading company established in 1985 in Houston, TX, as a result of a merger of two companies, Internorth and Houston Natural Gas.
- The International Accounting Standards Board Conceptual FrameworkBusiness essay sample: The International Accounting Standards Board framework regulates and presents the underlying ideas behind international financial reporting standards.
- McDonald’s Undercover AnalysisBusiness essay sample: Mcdonald's is a multi-national company with many locations all over the world. Its leadership and organizational performance are especially notable.
- Skyline Airways Start-Up's Revenue FocusBusiness essay sample: In the case of a successful start, there is a plan for further development, including entering the international passenger transportation market.
- Mondelēz International Inc.: The Move of Oreo From Chicago to MexicoBusiness essay sample: Mondelēz International Inc. is a large international company that focuses on the manufacturing, distribution, and sale of snack food and beverage products.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc's Corporate PerformanceBusiness essay sample: This evaluation report conducts a comprehensive analysis of Lloyds Banking Group plc (Lloyds), keeping in view that the Arden Fund wants to invest in its stocks.
- Project Management Theory and PracticeBusiness essay sample: Project management (PM) is an application of methods, processes, knowledge, skills, and experience to a particular project following the project acceptance standards.
- Analysis of the Organization's EfficiencyBusiness essay sample: The purpose of this paper is to analyze organizational efficiency and offer solutions to an issue as well as the study of organizational behavior
- Sunvisionnair: International Business StrategyBusiness essay sample: This is a report to Sunvisionaire's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) containing information about a solar energy plant in India.
- Heineken Firm's Corporate-Level and International StrategyBusiness essay sample: Heineken is a brewery company founded by Gerard Heineken in Amsterdam. In 1873, it began producing beer and was active in the brewing industry in over 178 countries globally.