- 🔝 Top-10 Information Systems Strategy Examples
- 🤔 What Is Information Systems Strategy?
- 🔺 Information Systems Strategy Triangle
- 📝 How to Create Information Systems Strategy?
- 📝 Information Systems Strategy Research Paper Examples
- 💡 Essay Ideas on Information Systems Strategy
- 👍 Good Information Systems Strategy Essay Examples to Write about
- 🎓 Simple Research Paper Examples with Information Systems Strategy
Any organization, regardless of its nature, needs a system that manages information. That’s exactly why information system strategy is essential to any business. The question is how to use the information systems strategy correctly. In this short guide, you will find all about information system strategy and step-by-step instructions on how to create it.
🔝 Top-10 Information Systems Strategy Examples
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company's Quality of Services
- Sears Company's Transaction Processing System
- Strategic Management of Information Systems
- Alibaba Company: Strategic Information Needs
- Blockbuster & Netflix Information Systems
- Six Sigma Implementation Using Information Systems
- Disk4U Company's Strategic Information Systems
- Apple Company's Business Strategy: China Market
- Using Information in Human Resource Management
- Coca-Cola Operations Management & Information Flow
🤔 What Is Information Systems Strategy?
Information System is a hardware, software, and telecommunication network built to create, collect, store, and distribute information within an organization. Business organizations rely on IS to manage and carry out their operations, interact with customers, and compete in the marketplace.
An information systems strategy is a business system (or multiple systems) that helps an organization manage and analyze information. Depending on the type of business, this may be a cloud-based software solution, a set of macro-enabled spreadsheets, or a monolithic ERP solution.
How Do Information Systems Support Business Strategy?
Information systems can ultimately help a business:
- identify cost-effective solutions and alternatives that help them scale faster;
- develop and optimize the existing IT solutions;
- solve current business issues;
- search for new business opportunities;
- assist in entering new markets;
- increase the number of customers;
- increase customer diversity.
How Are Organizational Information Systems Related to Company Strategy?
Since organizational information systems are tools companies use to make decisions, they significantly affect the business strategy. IS establishes a connection between the latest information technology and the organization’s demands. This helps businesses to get hold of the market and meet the challenging and ever-changing requirements of the corporate environment.
🔺 Information Systems Strategy Triangle
The Information systems strategy triangle, or the IS triangle, is a framework for understanding the impact Information Systems have on an organization. It includes:
- Business strategy. The business strategy focuses on the company’s ultimate goal. It also seeks ways to gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Organizational strategy. This area deals with the company’s organization and how this organization helps to accomplish its business goals. It involves business processes, planning, reporting, company culture, and performance evaluation.
- Information strategy. Information strategy deals with the technology a company implements to meet its business goals while keeping in mind the organization’s culture. Sometimes, it involves adding hardware or software.
The IS strategy triangle helps to align all three strategies to use them for the company’s benefit. For that reason, all the decisions made regarding structure, hiring practices, and IS components are driven by the company’s goals and tactics, while both IS and organizational strategies are designed to complement the business strategy.
📝 How to Create Information Systems Strategy?
The process of creating an information systems strategy includes five steps:
Step 1 – Defining the company’s goals
In order to create the right IS strategy, it’s essential to understand what the business is trying to achieve. This stage helps to establish the context for the IS needs and explains why certain information is required. It also shows the impact on the business if those needs are not adequately fulfilled.
Step 2 – Understanding the information needs
After defining the goals and key drivers of the organization, it’s essential to understand the company’s information needs. Some aspects that need to be considered during that stage are business users and processes, job analysis, agreed rules, problems and solutions, and business tools and plans.
Step 3 – Assessing the status quo
In order to achieve your goals and plan, it’s essential to evaluate your current situation. This step’s primary purpose is to produce data and systems maps that show the recent picture while also highlighting information gaps, duplication, and potential areas for improvements.
Step 4 – Reviewing and consolidating
The purpose of the step is to categorize the systems according to their primary functions. The process involves identifying strategies that need to be maintained within the overall enterprise architecture, the systems that need to be changed, the systems that need to be replaced or removed, and the areas where the different systems should integrate.
Step 5 – Defining the overall architecture
One final step is to combine all the information and create a vision for an information systems structure that can satisfy the organization’s requirements. This includes the mechanisms that give users access to the data and analytics in the systems, for instance, through portals or web-based applications.
For additional information, we’ve collected some great examples of marketing strategy essays—check them out:
- PepsiCo Case Study: Ethical Issues, Strategic Management, & the Leonard v. PepsiCo Case
- Writing a Sony Case Study: Simple Ideas on Marketing, Sustainability, & More
- Unilever Case Study Analysis: Ideas & Tips for Your Paper
- Amazon Case Study: Explore Amazon Supply Chain, Crisis Management, and Other Issues
📝 Information Systems Strategy Research Paper Examples
- Healthcare Information SystemsThe purpose of this paper is to provide a description, thorough analysis, and evaluation of a new HIS implemented in the organization that exists as a result of a merger.
- Information System Strategy and Management in BanksBanks can provide Internet banking facilities by sharing data centres with other banks and get into consortium arrangements with other banks.
- Decision Support Systems and Executive Information SystemsIn all organizations, it is the prerogative of the Executive (top) Managers to make monumental decisions that can make or break the organization.
- Information Security Role in Strategic Business DecisionsThe paper focuses on the identification of key aspects that are associated with information systems (IS). In particular, the report begins with the definition of IS.
- Soft System MethodologySoft System Methodology (SSM) is a methodological process of analyzing “Real World” problems. Notably, SSM was established by Peter Checkland in the UK.
- Knowledge Management Analysis in OrganizationsKnowledge analysis is the process that involves an exploration of situations relating to how “knowledge is created, transferred and utilised”.
- Enterprise Resource Planning and Computing IssuesThis paper presents a discussion on enterprise information systems and new developments in the field of enterprise computing.
- Information Management Software in Business AreasSeveral motivations would prompt an organization to operate through an excellent supply chain management (SCM) system.
- Providian Trust Company’s Information SystemThis work presents a SWOT/TOWS analysis to highlight the key strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities of the Providian Trust Company.
- Business Processes and Information SystemsBusiness processes are a series of interrelated activities or tasks aimed at accomplishing particular objectives in a company or organization.
- Compensation, Benefits and Information SystemsGood compensation policies should balance different inputs separately during work analysis procedures to produce the best inputs.
- The Use of Information Resources by Amazon CompanyThe purpose of this paper is to provide background information about Amazon, discuss the organization’s strategic framework and use of information resources.
- Communication, Knowledge and Information ManagementThis work reviews types of communication tools and their problems and describes approaches and strategies to improve access to systems of information and knowledge at UAE Airlines.
- Checkpoint Company. Managing Information.Checkpoint is a US company that was formed in the year 1969. The company has global operations in retail security, labelling and merchandising.
- Information-Based Decision-Making in ManagementInformation is produced in response to an information need and serves a specific purpose. It helps reduce uncertainty thereby improving a decision behavior of managers.
- Limited Flow of InformationThis paper presents the argument that the proper flow of information within an organization is helpful to new employees because it helps them to adapt quickly to the processes of an organization.
- Information Systems Improving Business EfficiencyInformation has emerged as an essential agent of integration of corporate activities and also as enabler for enhancing the competitiveness of present day’s business houses.
- Ethics and Information Technologies in Business.Ethics is a crucial subject when dealing with busiess matters and public interest. Business ethics are accepttable behavior within the business organizations.
- The Management and Control Systems as a Key to Success of OrganizationThe current work underlines that the management and control systems are the most essential success tools in any organization, presents the systems used by Epinion.com enterprise.
- The Development of an Information System to Support Inventory ManagementThis dissertation describes the perceptions and opinions of the development of an information system for inventory management on the example of “Trinidad Energy Supplies & Services Limited”.
- Information System and Inventory Management ConnectionThis work describes the perceptions & opinions of The Development of an Information system for Inventory Management Study factors affecting their drives & examination.
- Systems Consideration in Human Resource Information SystemA human resource (HR) database system is essentially a computer application used for collecting/assembling, and then processing data for the function of human resource management.
- Internal and External Enterprise Resource PlanningA multinational organization implements an Enterprise Resource Planning finance system module to enable orders from thecustomers to be transmitted to the overseas manufacturer.
- Sephora Company: Enterprise Information SystemThe operations and supply chain management deal with the way Sephora purchases raw materials, turns them into beauty products and distributes to the shops where they are sold.
- Just-in-Time and Manufacturing Resource PlanningTwo inventory systems, just-in-time and manufacturing resource planning, would be analyzed via this research paper.
- Information Systems in RetailingThis paper explains how companies can use information systems to promote operational excellence, produce superior services, and improve its competitive advantage.
- Information Systems and ManagementOrganizations use information technology to collect data, filter the data, process, and compile the processed data into useful information.
- Technologies Role in BusinessThe development of the modern business world depends on the effective strategies used in companies and on operating contemporary information systems.
- Examination of the Information System SAPThe main aim of this particular paper is to look at the various ways in which SAP has been installed into the management system of Dupont.
- Management of Information Systems in OrganizationsThe increasing standardization of information technology, and more specifically its use, is changing the quantity, quality and means of production and distribution of information.
- Kookai Company's Human Resource ManagementThrough the paper, I am going to try and analyze how the Kookai company has applied human resource management, which has led to its massive growth.
💡 Essay Ideas on Information Systems Strategy
- Accounting Information Systems in the OrganizationsAuditing refers to the process where an administrator or someone else keeps track of the activities of the organization so that the users and groups can use the financial statements.
- Human Resource, Information System in General MotorsThis paper analyzes different human resource management issues of General Motors, and then these issues are diagnosed using the theories of human resource management.
- Palm Island Restaurant: Case StudyCreation of the work system for the case of Palm Island Restaurant. WS is a system in which human participants or machines are actively involved in the business process operation.
- System Implementation Problem AnalysisThis reading case describes a system implementation problem and explains the importance of keeping the information safe from the different attacks of viruses and hackers
- Human Resource Information SystemVarious programs under the HRIS are developed to assist in the recruitment process, in job analysis, developing job descriptions, handling responses from job seekers.
- Potential of Implementing the Modern System of Attendance Control Called Smart TimeThe proposal examines the potential of realizing the modern system of public control called SMART TIME in the UAE-based company ADSSC.
- Programs for an Efficient Service of a Major Branch of BankIn the case of BNP PSS, valuation the suitability of different options of IS tools and recommends specific solutions for information exchange. The investments in IT and organizational performance.
- Information Systems ManagementThe intention of this research study is to examine the role that information systems management usually plays at the firm level, in particular, Global Communication Services.
- Assessment Dutch ConglomerateThis assessment will evaluate the Dutch conglomerate, ING. ING is a global financial institution “offering, banking, investment, life insurance and retirement services”.
- Information Systems: Enabling Technology or Strategic WeaponOrganizational information system influences the planning of an organization. It has great influence on the economic factors of the organization.
- Project Proposal for Counseling CentersCounseling centers are part of the health service society and just like many other industries they have been captured by the quick advancing technology
- Jet Blue Hits Turbulence: Business Problem-Solving CaseJetBlue Airlines Company was founded by David Neeleman in February 1999, when it had the name New Air and obtained most of its employees from Southwest Airlines.
- Web 2.0 Based Business Solution for ULMS BikesULMS has a history of innovating new ways to improve its performance and customer satisfaction but the same techniques have become a revolution.
- Effectiveness of the Information Systems in OrganizationThis paper seeks to determine capabilities of the information system and characteristics of the organization, its work systems, its people, and its development methodologies.
- Information Systems as Enabling Technology and Strategic WeaponInformation systems processing activities of organizational units are changing, since access to new technologies is leading to a change in practices and activities.
- Business Analysis and Management of Change: Applying SSM to the CONFIRM CaseThe SSM is one of the best and advanced systems thinking approaches for analyzing problems in the workplace where the problem issues cannot be defined.
- Virgin Atlantic Airlines: Management Information SystemsThe research aims to look into how information systems affect decision-making processes in the company Virgin Atlantic Airlines and how they can be used for competitive advantage.
- Diffusion and Adoption of Information SystemsInformation systems help organizations manage and process information. This paper will seek to analyze the diffusion and adoption of information systems.
- Logistics Management and PopularityGoods need to be transported from one point to the other in a timely and cost effective manner, and it is only high calibre logistics management that can deliver this.
- Grameen Bank: Management Information SystemsManagement information systems have brought revolution regarding how organizations are managed. The systems help to organize information, making management roles simple.
- H2O Organization: Human Resource Information SystemThe company should select cautiously the type of HRIS depending on the requirement of the organization as all HRIS have diverse abilities.
- Emirates National Bank of Dubai's Internship ExperienceThe curriculum for the Management Information System offered by the American University of Sharjah requires that students attend internships for one and half months.
- Human Resource Information Systems in UKInternational management requires that managers or the management advisors understand the cross-cultural aspects of the region or market in which the organization is operating.
- Knowledge Management Systems and TechnologiesThis article will critically analyze ETM’s knowledge management initiative to date and do an analysis on the comments and views of Dr. June McDonald on knowledge management.
- Concepts of Management Accounting, Capital DecisionsThe aim of this paper is to take a deeper look at the concepts of management accounting, costing process, cost & capital structure and budgeting process.
- Hewlett-Packard Company’s ManagementHewlett-Packard's IS, and IT management strategy is based on the principle of managing a joint hierarchical database.
- The Buncefield Explosion: Incident Command SystemThe implementation of the Incident Command System would have been beneficial in the Buncefield incident, as it can help to reduce the possible damage.
- General Motors Company Surviving TransformationIn response to the call for environmental conservation, GM looks forward to manufacturing electric propelled vehicles as well as coming up with battery packs for the vehicles.
- Knowledge Management: Business StrategiesKnowledge management initiatives rely on information technology as an important enabler as well as a medium to create and distribute knowledge.
- Development of a Time Table Management SystemThis project aims to develop a timetable management system. Different types of technologies are used in this timetable management system.
👍 Good Information Systems Strategy Essay Examples to Write about
- Impacts of Implementing an ERP SystemThe paper provides an explanation of current business environments and why an ERP system may be necessary through the analysis of 4 cases studies in India, US, and the UK.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of ERP ImplementationThere is an increasing dominance of ERPs in organizations that this report tends to analyze the factors that lead to its success and implementation. Pros and cons of ERP adoption.
- Genesis Fitness Club: Knowledge ManagementOne of the objectives of implementing knowledge management is so that the whole processes of the Fitness Club may be integrated into one.
- Business Process Re-Engineering: Revolutionary DesignBusiness process re-engineering is the embodiment of changes that every business needs to have to ensure modernization, time-cost-effectiveness, improvement of product quality.
- Aflak Electronic Industry Company: Cooperation EducationThe products and services under the AFLAK Electronic Industries Company portfolio have been divided into three categories: retail, security systems, and Telecommunications systems.
- The Use of Database Management SystemsThis paper focuses on the significance of DBMS in organizations. It discusses the examples of DBMS use and their help to managers, and organizations for the data management needs.
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems and Multi-National EnterprisesThis study explores the factors behind MNC’s utilization of Enterprise Resource Planning software despite its disadvantages.
- Internal and External Influences on the CompanyInternal elements are more critical to its growth and sustainability than external factors that have gained momentum.
- Technology Management in the Information AgeIn this study, the author examines the main aspects of technology management during the information age on the example of the giant company BMW.
- Kool Kutz: Case StudyKool Kutz is a hairdressing company with branches across the country. The company’s major difficulty of operation deals with the sharing of information in all departments.
- UML Model: Object-Oriented Analysis and DesignThe system under discussion should perform the following operations: registration, authentication and authorization of external and internal users.
- Strategic Planning: Resource-Based PerspectiveIt has been proved that internal organizational resources, core competencies of the organization, and distinctive capabilities are all important assets.
- Strategic Planning from Resource-Based ViewThe conceptual approach to resource-based view is in line with the theory of a firm’s resource-based competency or capability of the system in line with strategic planning.
- Aalsmeer Flower Auction's Information Management SystemThis paper seeks to assist the Aalsmeer Flower Auction firm to adopt a new information management system in its operations.
- Strategic Implications of Information Technology on OverstockOverstock operation involves multiple specialized processes, carried out by different people at different levels of the business organization.
- Information Management for a Company's SuccessManaging information is a key element for the success of an enterprise. Firms are increasingly incorporating emerging information technologies.
- Information Technology for Management in the Digital EconomyThis article examines the information technologies used for management, as well as the transformation of organizations in the digital economy.
- Valero Energy Comprehensive AnalysisThe paper discusses the Valero Company's external environment, recognizes present opportunities, factors hindering change, and finalizes with recommendations.
- Smarts Company's Post-Implementation IssuesThe document is aimed at identifying strategies that can be used by the SMARTS Company to ensure the flexibility of their work.
- Safaricom: Services MarketingIdentification of the entire operation services offered by the Safaricom company identifies the company’s blueprint and highlights the potential areas of service failure.
- Use of Business Information Systems at Wal-Mart StoresSystems development process for Wal-Mart stores is treated as a cooperate affair; affiliate and new acquisitions into the company are operated on a standard system.
- C-Nomis Is Project: Reasons for FailureConclusively, the C-Nomis project failed to achieve its projected success, like many projects, it suffered from multiple factors that led to the eventual suspension of the project.
- Commercial Information Development System: TescoThe report is aimed at gaining a comprehensive understanding of how Tesco has integrated Information System in its operation.
- Change Management in AramcoSaudi Aramco is the national oil arm of the Saudi Government and is the biggest oil company. The company is credited with being in control of the largest oil deposits in the world.
- The Implementation of Knowledge and Innovation in CompanyThis paper describes the role of information management and innovation has never been more vital than it is today in boosting any company's performance.
- Information Systems Strategic Planning in BusinessThe aim of the document facilitates easier realignment of the information technologies to the business objectives and the management plan.
- Best Buy Inc.: CRM, Organizational Management and StrategyThis paper analyzes Best Buy Inc., its management information system, customer relationship management, resource planning, organizational management and strategy.
- MTC: Business Analysis and System RecommendationThis Business Analysis and System Recommendation report is prepared to help MTC meet its organizational objectives by increasing its competitive advantage.
- MTC Group's Business Analysis and System RecommendationThis business analysis and system recommendation report is prepared to help MTC meet its organizational objectives by increasing its competitive advantage.
- The Amazon Appraisal: Methodology and Amazon’s ApproachesThis paper discusses the methodology of Amazon appraisal, Amazon’s approach to materials management, and the role of new technologies in Amazon’s supply chain.
🎓 Simple Research Paper Examples with Information Systems Strategy
- Secondary Data and Databases in Marketing ResearchSecondary data and database searching is a popular marketing research methods. Computerized data are prevalent and less costly in terms of collection.
- Economic Concept of Elasticity in Netflix CaseIn case there was a reduction in prices, Netflix would attract more clients, therefore, these actions would allow the company to make its elasticity of demand higher.
- Virtual Team Activity: Personal Facts Guessing GameThe paper intends to discuss the personal facts guessing game, which is an effective team-building activity, and elements of a successful virtual team.
- The Business Slow Food ClevelandThe business to research is Slow Food Cleveland, a branch of the Slow Food USA non-profit organization; the movement began in Italy in the 1960s.
- Relation of Advertising and MarketingMarketing is a set of goals, tasks, functions, methods, and strategies for developing a product or service, promoting it and distributing it to customers.
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS) for Larson Property ManagementThis assignment provides a blueprint for the new system and selects a vendor that offers the type of Human Resources Information System (HRIS) believe is most efficient and effective.
- The Ethical Decision-Making Process in BusinessThe current paper discusses that the ethical decision-making process in business analysis comprises six consecutive steps.
- Non-Profit Organizations in TanzaniaThe study aims to analyze the financial difficulties and non-profit organizations' activities to identify the reasons for the lack of transparency and ways to eliminate.
- The Role of Information Systems at Qatar AirwaysThis paper will demonstrate why information systems are essential for running and managing a business, using Qatar Airways as an example.
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company's Artificial Intelligence ImplementationThis project aims to implement expert systems management at Goodyear Tire Company. The main sources of finance include personal savings, loans from a bank, etc.
- Wells Fargo Bank's Customer Relationship ManagementIn this paper, the purpose is to examine the implementation of a new customer relationship management in Wells Fargo.
- Strategic Management and Planning in the WorkplaceA business profile includes brief information about the company's history and development, past success, and expected future performance.
- The Uber Company’s Work and Its Special FeaturesIn this case study, the features of Uber's work will be examined through the perspective of various economic theories and concepts to determine the reasons for its success.
- Information System Analysis: E*TRADEE*TRADE is a company that offers online trading services across the United States. Founded in the early 1980s.
- Verizon and Sprint Incorporations: Review of the Annual ReportsThis paper will focus on Verizon and Sprint Incorporations' annual reports, giants in the USA's telecommunications industry. The 2019 financial year will be analyzed.
- Recruitment Practices and ToolsIt is essential that the business designs a proper needs assessment, as well as a sound candidate record management process.
- What Influences Customers in the Age of Nearly Perfect InformationIn this webinar, the speakers discuss the topic of consumer behavior and how marketers control and manipulate it.
- The International Accounting Standards Board Conceptual FrameworkThe International Accounting Standards Board framework regulates and presents the underlying ideas behind international financial reporting standards.
- Accounting for BusinessAccounting concepts and qualitative characteristics are practical tools that help one determine the importance of various data within accounting records.
- Venture Planning: Articles AnalysisThis paper analyzes two articles – “Wedding businesses pivot as they adapt to cancellations” and “Can a start-up mentality save small businesses?”.
- Obstacles and Barriers of AIS in Agriculture CompaniesThis project aimed to evaluate the barriers and obstacles to the adoption and usage of accounting information systems (AISs) in agriculture.
- Behavioral Finance and its Impact on Efficient Market AssumptionThe paper deals with classical theoretical problems and comparisons to the BF model, BF theory at length, studies Schiller’s Empirical Analysis concerning financial markets
- Hansen Technologies Ltd.'s Financial Data of 2020According to the current business research, Hansen Technologies provided essential information about property, plants, and equipment in the 2020 financial report.
- Baptist Health South Florida Hospital's Organizational DesignOrganizational learning has to be fostered to have employees reflect on each other’s successes and challenges and reach relevant verdicts.
- Nidec Company's Network ManagementNidec Company specializes in providing innovative power control and system solutions to all their customers distributed across the globe.
- Risk Management Strategy for AmazonAmazon is the largest online marketplace in the world, known for its disruption of the retail industry through technology.
- Risk Management Policy and ProcedureA policy or procedure is a set of rules that guide nurses in their work, and failure to follow them may put the institution and the patient at risk.
- The Walmart Company's Business ReviewWalmart has more than thirty thousand suppliers worldwide, but its production costs remain among the lowest in the retail industry.
- Arranging Information Within Knowledge-Intensive OrganizationsThis paper aims to give insights into the management of information in knowledge-based organizations and provide definitions of the terms and outlook on organizational knowledge.
- The Human Resource Information System: Strategy to Seek and Sustain Buy-InIn this paper, the focus is to develop a strategy to seek and sustain buy-in and support for an Human resource information system within an organization.