- 🌟 Top-10 Research and Development Strategy Examples
- ⚙️ Product Research and Development in Business Explained
- 🪄 Helpful Example of Research & Development
- 📈 What Are the Three Major Types of Research and Development?
- 📝 Research and Development Strategy Research Paper Examples
- 💡 Essay Ideas on Research and Development Strategy
Research and development strategy is a critical aspect of business growth and innovation. They involve exploring new ideas and creating new products or services. In this article, we’ve detailed this strategy so you can write a successful paper. If you’re interested, let’s get to the topic!
🌟 Top-10 Research and Development Strategy Examples
- Starbucks Company Analysis: More Than a Cup of Coffee
- Business Leadership: Research and Development
- Innovation Computers Company in US
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
- McKinsey Company Organisational Change and Development
- Ford Motor Company Market Research
- Social Media Usage in Market Research and Forecasting
- Marketing Strategy and Development in the UAE
- Educational Tourism Among Chinese and British Students: Comparative Analysis
- Economic Development Measuring Methods
⚙️ Product Research and Development in Business Explained
Research and development are activities businesses undertake to develop new products, services, or processes. It can also be intended to improve an existing product in the market. R&D is the first stage in the development process of innovative products. The long-term objective of this activity is to identify gaps in the market and fill in those gaps to improve the bottom line of an organization.
What Are the Components of R&D?
Here we’ll describe four components that make up the product research and development process:
- People. Companies need skilled individuals and leaders to lead the research & development team. The team members should be innovative, analytical but also ambitious, creative, and resourceful.
- Ideas. Ideas are the heart and soul of a successful R&D program. Organizations need ideas to innovate something and make it a concrete product or service.
- Funds. Funding is a prominent element we need because research is vital to the research and development of products or services. But the examination entails costs and valuable resources.
- Culture. Organizations should cultivate a culture of innovation to facilitate innovation and develop new product ideas.
🪄 Helpful Example of Research & Development
There are a few notable companies that spend a great deal on research and development, such as the following:
- Amazon. In 2020, the Amazon company spent over $42 billion on R&D, focusing on technology and content. The budget allocation is for the development and design of new products, as well as to improve its existing products and services.
- Apple. That is one of the best examples of product research and development strategy, knowing that the brand is almost synonymous with innovation. The company is among the largest investors of R&D projects globally.
- Volkswagen. It’s another brand known to invest heavily in product research and development. The company uses its resources to conceive, design, construct, and test new models.
📈 What Are the Three Major Types of Research and Development?
In this section, we’ve tried to detail the three product research and development types. Here are the basic ones:
This type of R&D is when we acquire knowledge and use that to inform our business strategy. Instead of using that information to develop a specific product or service, companies use it to build the foundation for attaining a competitive advantage. It marks the first steps before we delve into the product development process. The basic questions to address in this stage of research & development are:
- Why do people use the internet?
- How do people prepare meals at home?
Applied research is more in-depth because we have a specific goal to achieve. For example, a company want to penetrate a new market or introduce a new technology. Primary analysis is about theory, while applied research focuses on the practical application of knowledge. The latter is specifically targeted to develop practical solutions to common problems. Some basic questions to address in this stage are:
- How do people overcome connectivity issues with the internet?
- What do people prefer to eat when they’re too busy to cook at home?
Development research is the final step of product R&D. Engineers transform knowledge and theoretical ideas to create a new product or process in this stage. Technological innovation or other novel ideas from the process can be used in marketing that product or service. We can address the following questions in this stage:
- How do you make connecting to the internet easier, even in remote locations?
- How do you preserve frozen food that can be easily re-heated before eating?
So, R&D is a vital aspect of business success. They allow companies to stay competitive, innovate, and grow in their industries. We hope our article has helped you understand this strategy. But if you want to know more, check out our samples!
📝 Research and Development Strategy Research Paper Examples
- The Use of Market Research in a BusinessBusiness essay sample: Market research refers to the process of gathering and analyzing information regarding various market dynamics for the purpose of solving business problems.
- Café Team Reorganization and EffectivenessBusiness essay sample: This paper examines how to promote a café's team effectiveness by discussing leadership style, resolution of possible conflicts, opportunities for obtaining input and feedback.
- Organizational Development and ConsultancyBusiness essay sample: The purpose of organizational development is to accelerate or enhance the development effort through increased capacity and potentials.
- Organizational Theory, Development and ChangeBusiness essay sample: This paper reviews relationship between organizational theory and organizational development and describes stages in the organizational change process.
- Product Development Process in Contemporary EnvironmentBusiness essay sample: New product development and innovation are crucial in determining the success or failure of a company. This paper analyses concept of the product development process.
- Germany vs Canada Financial Systems ComparisonBusiness essay sample: Research shows that black markets affect the financial system in a number of ways because they deny the government the opportunity to acquire taxes.
- The Economic Development of Asian CountriesBusiness essay sample: In the paper, the author addresses the issue of how trade with China and Japan has contributed to the economic development of Asian economies.
- South Korean Economic Development and Its FactorsBusiness essay sample: This paper will discuss South Korea’s emergence as a developing economy following impressive economic reforms.
- Adam Smith Contribution in EconomicsBusiness essay sample: Adam Smith was a philosopher, political economist, and a major enlightenment figure from Scotland who lived between the years 1723 and 1790. Smith made significant contributions to economics.
- Will Oil Peak During the Next 20 Years?Business essay sample: The International Energy Agency (IEA) describes non-conventional oil as chemical additives, coal-to-liquids, gas-to-liquids, extra-heavy oil, and oil sands.
- Sources of Energy ReviewBusiness essay sample: This paper describes the main sources of energy: Fossil Fuels, Water Power, Wind Power, Nuclear Power, Tidal Power, Biomass Power, Solar Power, and Geothermal Power.
- Microsoft: Managing Change and Creativity in OrganizationsBusiness essay sample: This paper will try to ascertain if Microsoft has always been an innovation oriented company. It will also study the culture, structure and the rewarding process of the company.
- Total Quality Management: Value Chain Management DefinitionBusiness essay sample: We can argue that quality management plays an important role for each business process because all of them can shape the price of the commodities.
- Outsourcing in Pharmaceutical IndustryBusiness essay sample: The main objective of outsourcing in the companies is to reduce the production cost but at the same time increase the business profits this is the perceived aim.
- Apple Computer, Inc. Research PaperBusiness essay sample: Apple is an American computer technology company and has expanded the retail outlets of its products all over the world and earns over $10 billion from its sales.
- Exploration of IT Leadership MethodologiesBusiness essay sample: This paper analyzes, compares, contrasts, and examines research methodologies that exist in information technology (IT) leadership and information systems (IS) research.
- Global Geographies of Innovation in University of MassachusettsBusiness essay sample: This paper will outline and explain the global geographies of innovation within the University of Massachusetts.
- Ceramic Fuel Cells Limited Company's AnalysisBusiness essay sample: Ceramic Fuel Cell Company is one of the most progressive companies in the world in terms of technological development, especially in the development of fuel cells.
- Dannon Company Inc.: International Marketing MixBusiness essay sample: This paper provides a deep insight into Dannon Company Inc and reviews ways via which it has applied its international marketing mix strategy to support its international market operations.
- Natura Cosmetic Company ReviewBusiness essay sample: The Natura cosmetic company is one of the world’s renowned cosmetic companies. Its range of products is supplied to end users such as salons, plastic surgeons.
💡 Essay Ideas on Research and Development Strategy
- Business Plan, Stages and Market Analysis of EntrepreneursBusiness essay sample: A business plan is an important document for entrepreneurs. It is basically an evaluation of their business model. In this document, entrepreneurs assess the likelihood of failure.
- Research Techniques for Professional DevelopmentBusiness essay sample: Employee management development is critical to the survival of any organization. The process entails coaching and helping members of staff to achieve work-related goals.
- Process Optimization for Driving SchoolBusiness essay sample: This paper focuses on process optimization for a driving school through driver and customer coordination automation.
- Barclays Bank: Sales' Team MotivationBusiness essay sample: This paper aims to analyze the set of motivational tools and techniques that can be implemented to increase sales production of Barclays Bank consumer banking segment.
- Customer Satisfaction and Pricing in UAE Shopping CentersBusiness essay sample: This research paper aims at identifying the role prices have on the satisfaction of customers in shopping centers in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Portland Drake Beverage's Marketing Research CritiqueBusiness essay sample: The existing research problem aims to determine whether Crescent Pure should be positioned as an energy drink or a sports drink.
- Secondary Data and Databases in Marketing ResearchBusiness essay sample: Secondary data and database searching is a popular marketing research methods. Computerized data are prevalent and less costly in terms of collection.
- Character-Building in Achieving Effective LeadershipBusiness essay sample: The paper states that character-building plays a significant role in achieving effective leadership. It is guided by five key building blocks.
- HRM of Inter-Organisational Relationships in ManagementBusiness essay sample: Project management has gained massive popularity in the global society as a tool that is used to undertake major developmental initiatives.
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company's Artificial Intelligence ImplementationBusiness essay sample: This project aims to implement expert systems management at Goodyear Tire Company. The main sources of finance include personal savings, loans from a bank, etc.
- Driving Change With an Appreciative Inquiry ApproachBusiness essay sample: Unlike many other techniques, appreciative inquiry enables the company or administration to identify the strengths rather than just the shortcomings.
- Researching of Business Intelligence SystemBusiness essay sample: Babatunde, Bolu, Oyawale, and Fayomi (2019) establish that artificial intelligence is the key solution to the contemporary challenges encountered during service delivery.
- Organizational Management Methods and ApproachesBusiness essay sample: The modern approaches to organizational management involve an abundance of issues based on psychological, behavioral, interpersonal, and other predominantly subjective elements.
- Researching of the Organizational ChangesBusiness essay sample: This paper lists the main positive and negative aspects of the dynamics of change and the approaches that managers use to help employees accept change.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches to MarketingBusiness essay sample: Marketing departments in organizations of various sizes and fields of activity are beginning to play a crucial role along with production and financial departments.
- Invesco Ltd: Influence of COVID-19 Pandemic and the New Product IntroductionBusiness essay sample: The COVID-19 pandemic harmed the global investment market, resulting in significant losses for Invesco at the beginning of the lockdown.
- Critique of Business Research Methods: A Case Study of StarbucksBusiness essay sample: The paper analyzes elements of the research process that academicians and practitioners could use to conduct business research for Starbucks.