- 🔝 Top 5 Operations and Supply Chain Strategy Examples
- 👔 Operations and Supply Chain Strategy: Definition
- 🤔 What Is the Difference Between Supply Chain and Operations?
- ✨ Operations and Supply Chain Strategy Examples
- 📝 Operations and Supply Chain Strategy Research Paper Examples
- 💡 Essay Ideas on Operations and Supply Chain Strategy
Behind every successful business, there’s a solid operations and supply chain strategy. Giants like Zara and Uniqlo use it to optimize production processes, manage logistics, and ensure efficient delivery of products or services.
Curious to learn more about the strategy and see some exceptional examples? Keep reading!
🔝 Top 5 Operations and Supply Chain Strategy Examples
- EMAL Company Analysis
- Coca Cola Company: Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- The Coca-Cola Supply Chain & Operations Management
- Walmart China Supply Chain Evaluation
- McDonald’s Supply Chain Management & Sourcing
👔 Operations and Supply Chain Strategy: Definition
An operations and supply chain strategy involves defining policies and the process of improving the operational capacity. These policies ensure that the company performs basic business activities using minimal resources. Therefore, strategy planning is required to facilitate an effective and efficient business operation and must be integrated into the overall corporate strategy.
What Are Objectives of an Operations and Supply Chain Strategy?
Improving the operations and supply chain policies has the following objectives:
|💸 Ensure efficiency||It is crucial to fulfill customer orders quickly and use minimal company resources.|
|🚚 Optimize logistics||It’s also necessary to have a seamless flow of processes and visibility in each step.|
|⭐ Improve quality||The constant improvement allows the company to offer value to the customers and business partners.|
What Are the 3 Main Actions of Supply Chain & Operations Teams?
The functions of the supply chain and operations team include the following:
- To analyze real-life situations and issues to provide appropriate solutions.
- To develop proposed solutions within the framework of the company’s capabilities.
- To communicate those proposed solutions to proceed with product and service delivery.
🤔 What Is the Difference Between Supply Chain and Operations?
Identifying the differences between supply chain and operations is critical when building the operations and supply chain strategy. Here are the main ones:
|🚛 Supply Chain Management||⚙️ Operations Management|
|📌 Deals with the materials and resources that are externally sourced.||📌 Deals with the internal processes.|
|📌 Handles how businesses deliver what they sell to customers, including warehouse management, supplies, and inventory management.||📌 Takes the operational side of the business, such as building and equipment maintenance and monitoring production lines and manufacturing operations.|
The business functions typically go back and forth between these two areas as they need to work seamlessly together to ensure the quality of goods and services and that customers receive them on time.
✨ Operations and Supply Chain Strategy Examples
Use these real-life examples to gain insight into how some well-known companies apply the strategy.
- Zara employs a unique approach to operations and supply chain by using its own resources and opting not to outsource this process. It is engaged in design, distribution, storage, and logistics. It gives the company a competitive advantage and ensures in-stock availability at all times.
- Primark’s strategy is built on lean operations and continuous improvement to maintain its economic pricing strategy in the market.
- Uniqlo negotiates directly with manufacturers to ensure low-cost but high-quality materials. The company also manages all operations in-house.
Other examples of companies with excellent operations and supply chain strategies include:
Hopefully, you’ve found our examples helpful. Use this knowledge in your business writing!
📝 Operations and Supply Chain Strategy Research Paper Examples
- British Airways' Logistics and Operations ManagementBusiness essay sample: This essay provides a critical analysis of how British Airways has used technology in different areas of its operation towards achieving its goals.
- Ginger Hotels: Logistics and Supply Chain ManagementBusiness essay sample: Ginger hotels are subsidiaries of The Indian Hotels Company Limited. It has a well-planned establishment chain of hotels that target the middle-class in the Indian market.
- Effective Supply Chain Practices for Computer and Phone Repair ShopBusiness essay sample: The purpose of the given study is to identify effective supply chain practices, which can be integrated in phone and computer repair shop business
- Strategic Supply Chain ManagementBusiness essay sample: This paper seeks to discuss strategic supply chain management. The paper will carry out a review of supply chain management strategies with respect to globally operating organizations.
- Supply Chain Management: Collaboration and LogisticsBusiness essay sample: The significance of creating strong cooperation with partners to build a well-developed and productive supply chain is doubtless.
- Supply Chain Risks and InterdependenciesBusiness essay sample: Supply chain risks and interdependencies are the issues that should be considered by a manager to provide the efficient functioning of a chain.
- Lean and Agile Supply Chain Operations ManagementBusiness essay sample: Supply chain can be tailored to the needs of the business, thus making the production more efficient and assisting in addressing specific issues.
- How Can Apple Improve Its Supply Chain?Business essay sample: Researching how can Apple improve its supply chain? 🍎 This essay provides an excellent Apple supply chain analysis. ⚙️ Read it attentively to learn how Apple moves its products and services from the suppliers to the consumers. 📱
- Supply Chain Strategy: Development and ExecutionBusiness essay sample: The supply chain strategy focuses on motivating down the operational costs and assists in maximizing of business efficiencies. It enhances competitive advantage and profitability.
- Nissan: Supply Chain StrategiesBusiness essay sample: In this paper, Nissan’s competitive advantage, operations, techniques and theories, supply chain strategies, and sustainability will be examined.
- Supply Chain Management as a Business ControversyBusiness essay sample: Efficient supply chain management promotes positive alterations in companies’ functioning by suggesting methods to build a competitive infrastructure and attain sustainability.
- Supply Chain and Operations ManagementBusiness essay sample: Ecosystems represent a paradigm shift in business. It's a new form of organization in which organizational networks combine to deliver services and products in new innovative ways.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management OperationsBusiness essay sample: Logistics tends to occupy the demand side of any business. With the prominence placed upon the speed of response and advantages that accrue in keeping pace with demand.
- Forecasting Role in a Supply ChainBusiness essay sample: Supply chain management has become the need of many organizations looking for a way to meet the hostile challenges of today’s business environment.
- SIEMENS Company Operational and Logistical StrategiesBusiness essay sample: This paper will facilitate Siemens to understand and plan how the customer-company relationship can be improved in the future and further attain the mission.
- Outsourcing Benefits in Supply Chain ManagementBusiness essay sample: Strategic supply chain outsourcing is the process of hiring the services of an external agent to properly manage and control the supply chain of a company.
- Wal-Mart Company’s Supply Chain ManagementBusiness essay sample: Wal-Mart's competent organization of the supply chain management system is a useful measure to increase the profit of the company and make the whole business process as perfect as possible.
- Dubai Electricity & Water Authority's LogisticsBusiness essay sample: The current paper tells about the supply chain and operations system as an essential element for DEWA for effective maintenance and enhancements of the asset lifecycle.
- GlaxoSmithKline Company's Supply Chain ProcessesBusiness essay sample: Pharmaceutical companies such as GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) are involved in managing sophisticated supply chains that pose a huge challenge in their effective management.
- Future of Data Science in Supply ChainsBusiness essay sample: Supply chain management and logistics benefits significantly from data science as multiple points of shipments, transfer, routing, and delivery can be processed and optimized.
💡 Essay Ideas on Operations and Supply Chain Strategy
- Supply Chain Management Process DefinitionBusiness essay sample: Supply chain management can be defined as the systematic, tactical coordination of the traditional business purposes and the way around this business functions within a particular company.
- Solve Problem of Logistic and Supply Chain ManagementBusiness essay sample: The significance of the study is the re-evaluation of approaches to effective supply chain management, including devices and system platforms for information transmission.
- Dong-In Entech Company's Supply Chain in PhilippinesBusiness essay sample: This paper is a case study analysis of Dong-In Company, which manufactures outdoor gears and equipment. This paper evaluates possible strategic options for the company's dominance.
- Operations and Logistics in China PracticeBusiness essay sample: The paper explores the management of logistics and operations in China, the features of unique supply chains such as HRM, ILS, ICT, and ISLE of industries.
- Supply Chain Strategy of ManufacturersBusiness essay sample: Supply chain strategy is the one responsible for business success as without it, there cannot be a supply chain or supply chain management.
- Global Supply Chain Management and FrameworksBusiness essay sample: Supply chain management was developed with the aim of demonstrating the importance of integrating key firm processes.
- Wal-Mart's Supply Chain and Merchandise Turn IssueBusiness essay sample: This document talks about the history of the company and its competitive priorities, which are mainly based on the implementation of data analysis of IT advertising.
- Wal-Mart Stores' Transportation and Supply Chain ManagementBusiness essay sample: Transportation management plays a significant role in Wal-Mart. The chain store is unique and has remained focused on the retail industry despite its massive growth over the years.
- Supply Chain Management and CollaborationBusiness essay sample: In the current global environment, there is a growing concern over shocks being experienced in established supply chains in every industry.
- Theory of Demand and Supply of HousesBusiness essay sample: Research of how the theory of demand and supply affects the supply and demand of houses. Analysis of business environment of OPEC. SWOT analysis for Nestle Foods company.
- Enterprise Resource Planning in Supply Chain ManagementBusiness essay sample: Many large companies are using enterprise resource planning to ensure that there is close interdepartmental and intradepartmental communication to enhance smooth operations.
- OPEC and Non-OPEC Crude Oil Supplies With OECD and Non-OECDBusiness essay sample: Discussion of the change in the structure of the oil industry in the context of balance between OPEC and non-OPEC crude oil supplies with OECD and non-OECD demand.
- Nortel Networks Corporation's Supply ChainBusiness essay sample: The case of Nortel Corporation vividly portrays that an effective supply chain is based on a unique combination of resources, transpiration facilities, and location.
- Supply Chain Partnership: Cafédirect and Its Partnership With KNCUBusiness essay sample: Supply chain partnership is seen as an important feature of supply chain management. The same conclusion can be made after studying Cafédirect and its partnership with KNCU.
- IKEA Firm's Operations and Supply Chain ManagementBusiness essay sample: Throughout the decades, IKEA has been operating under the idea of providing a selection of products for home furnishing that are affordable and accessible.