Many businesses adopt a strategy to expand internationally. The process is known as an international business strategy. If you need to conduct international business strategy analysis, you’re in the right place. On this page, we’ve collected top international business strategy examples and all the essential information on the topic.
🔝 Top 5 International Business Strategy Examples
- Business Ethics and the Organization's Responsibility
- International Management in Business Globalisation
- US Multinational Company: Organizational Behavior
- Business Startups in the United Arab Emirates
- Etihad Airways and Business Internationalization
📍 What Is International Business Strategy?
An international business strategy is a plan for global commercial transactions in the long run. This plan aims to cover international trade regulations, language barriers, political barriers, legal systems, cultural barriers, and more. The strategy varies for different regions as they have unique cultures, guidelines, and regulations.
What Is Transnational Strategy in International Business?
A transnational strategy is a type of international business strategy that focuses on local responsiveness and global expansion at the same time. According to this plan, businesses have a head office in one country and regional offices all over the world. Usually, they use the same product portfolio, brand name, and values around the globe.
How Does Culture Affect International Business Strategy?
Culture dictates common behavior and acceptance. It affects how people think and communicate. Moreover, it influences how they negotiate and what kind of transactions they make.
One business practice may be acceptable in one region, but not applicable in another. Hence, it is essential to understand the local culture before designing an international business strategy. Moreover, it guides businesses on how to design local brand values.
📊 International Business Strategy: 4 Most Common Types
|International strategy||When a business plans to expand internationally, its basic business strategy is called international strategy. It relies on one agenda such as importing services and products or exporting services and products. This is the easiest out of 4 basic strategies. Red Bull is an example.|
|Multi-domestic strategy||A multi-domestic strategy is designed to ensure maximum local responsiveness by offering personalized and customized services or products. Businesses change their plans according to local conditions and cultures. Nestle is using a multidomestic strategy.|
|Transnational strategy||A transnational strategy allows centralized operations with subsidiaries around the globe. It ensures local responsiveness and global integration. The local branches have the decision-making power. PepsiCo‘s international business strategy is the right case to study to understand transnational strategy.|
|Global strategy||This strategy of international business aims to ensure maximum global integration. They offer similar service or product portfolio all over the world regardless of the location. By offering standard products, packaging, taglines, and colors, they ensure low business processing costs. Marriott international business strategy is a great example.|
🥇 Top 5 International Business Strategy Examples
- Netflix. With over 220 million paid subscribers around the world in 2022, Netflix is a popular streaming service. They expanded their business by using a unique translation strategy offering subtitles in over 62 languages.
- McDonald’s. One of the best international business strategy examples is McDonald’s. With more than 38,000 fast food franchises in 100 countries, McDonald’s is the leading food service retailer in the world. Using a transnational strategy, they deliver taste and pricing according to the location.
- Red Bull. Launched in 1987, Red Bull is an Austrian company that relies on exporting its products. As per their global marketing strategy, they started giving out free energy drinks to athletes. It increased their sales rapidly.
- Moet & Chandon. Introduced in 1743, the champagne brand is one of the best in the world. Moet & Chandon relies on export model. They grow, produce and ship every bottle from France.
- Victoria’s Secret. The famous lingerie chain delivers the same product regardless of location. Adopting an international strategy, they export their products all over the world in the same styles, colors, and sizes.
Other examples of companies with great international business strategies are:
📝 International Business Strategy Research Paper Examples.
- Auto Parking Business ProjectThis paper presents a case of expansion of business in the global market. The paper focuses on Auto Parking business.
- Emirates Steel Company: International Business and GlobalisationEmirates Steel is a company that majors in the production of steel. It is the largest steel company in the Middle East region.
- Walmart Company's Global Strategy and International BusinessThis paper presents the analysis of the global strategy and international business with respect to Wal-Mart. The paper provides a detailed analysis of Wal-Mart and looks at some approaches.
- BHP Billiton Company's International BusinessBHP’s most significant risk arises from transaction, translation, and operating exposure since purchases and sales by Australian-based operations are denominated in the US.
- International Business Laws and Marketing RelationshipsThis paper aims to find out how the relationship between marketing and the business works and affects the business law.
- International Business Environment and Its ActorsThe paper explores the international business environment in the context of the process of globalization and examines how the various 'actors' try to influence that environment.
- The Coca-Cola Company's International ManagementThe strategy that Coca-Cola has adopted in its international venture has been successful because it has helped the company reach great heights.
- International Business Excellence Awards ComparisonMalcolm Baldrige National Quality Awards, Deming Prize, and European Business Excellence Award will be compared and analyzed.
- Nestle Company's International ManagementSuccessful cultural management practices play a major and continuing role in the international arena, especially with the growth of large-scale international business.
- Uber Strategy: Global & Internal Uber Business Strategy AnalysisWhat is Uber’s business strategy? 🚕 The company was founded as an easy-to-use and fast taxi service. 💨 Read this Uber strategy analysis to explore the model that skyrocketed Uber business strategy. 🚀
- Puma Company's International Business StrategySeveral things made Puma a successful product. As a brand, Puma focused more on its consumers than on the profit margins.
- Apple and SevenSeas Music Companies Acquisitions and StrategiesThis essay evaluates Apple's and SevenSeas Music's mergers and acquisitions, as well as business and corporate-level international strategies.
- Innovation Importance to International BusinessThe innovation is a rather important issue that needs to be considered by every company, especially by those that operate in the international area.
- Unilever Company. International Strategic Management.Unilever Corporation, the world’s second largest producer of consumer products. Unilever has world wide operations, sells food, household articles and personal care products.
- Internalization Theory and Eclectic ParadigmBefore internalization theory, it was assumed that FDI was the natural form of the local production strategy. Internalization theory pointed out that licensing was an option.
- Starbucks’ Expansion in Central and Eastern EuropeStarbucks Corporation is and has always been a place where you can find good coffee. Some customers visit starbucks chain stores to sip the best coffee in the world.
- Procter & Gamble in IndiaProcter and Gamble (P&G) is a private limited company that is established within the Personal Products industry. According to P&G history, the firm has been in existence since 1837
- International Business Opportunities in the Long TailThe term "Long Tail" describes a business strategy that is fundamental to any business. This strategy emphasizes the advantage of having more customers to whom smaller quantities can be sold.
- International Business Management: Business in ChinaThe various aspects of Chinese culture in relation to the impact it has on foreign businesses have been analyzed in this report. Findings indicate that Chinese society is a very cohesive one.
- Arcelik: International Business StrategyArcelik, today, is on track to become a leading manufacturer of global household appliances through its strategies and continuous improvement.
- Solar Flare Company's International Business StrategiesSolar Flare Company intends to open a business in India. It is expected that it carries out some feasibility studies to determine the potentiality of the market.
- Australian Joint Venture in VietnamThis paper informs on the key national, political, legal, environmental, and economic factors that may affect the successful operation of a possible joint venture in Vietnam.
- IBM: Ethical Challenges in Global Business ManagementThe managers in such international firms should embrace a positive working environment that allows the employees to attain a higher job performance.
- International Business and Multinational Corporations ExpansionThe purpose of the study is to yield data that would be useful for proper planning, decision making, and control in the operations and management of FedEx Corporation.
- International Business Strategy: Case Study on Clippy BagBased on Clippy London’s products, I would strongly recommend business franchising as the entry mode to different international markets.
- SARHS: Strategic International Business ManagementThe organization named SARHS is expected to deploy organizational change within the next two years. The problem is that it has already undergone several restructuring activities.
- Utilco: Human Resource ManagementPoor management is among the major obstacles in Utilco's strategic human resource alignment. However, the firm implements alternative approaches to better their operations.
- Sunvisionnair: International Business StrategyThis is a report to Sunvisionaire's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) containing information about a solar energy plant in India.