As a business student, you know that every company wants to sell something to generate profit. But how do businesses like Apple and Nestle achieve their set goals? Well, they use a sales strategy: a plan that helps sell products and services effectively.
Keep reading to learn more about it!
🔝 Top 10 Sales Strategy Examples
- Starbucks Company Analysis: More Than a Cup of Coffee
- Crunchy Bites Company: International Business Plan
- Etihad Etisalat Company's Marketing Tactics
- Pepsi and Coca-Cola Company Analysis
- Drug Manufacturing Company's Business Development
- Nabbesh Company Marketing Plan Strategies
- Jones-Blair Company's Product Marketing Problem
- We Clean Company's Sales Operation and Planning
- JD Wetherspoon Pub's Sales and Marketing
- LEGO Company: Sales and Marketing in Digital Age
💵 Sales Strategy: What Is It?
The definition of sales strategy is a framework for a sales team’s actions and decisions needed to achieve the company’s objectives. The goal is to close new customers and generate more sales. It can include techniques like product positioning and competitive analysis.
What Are the 4 Sales Strategies?
The four sales strategies worth incorporating into a business plan are:
|Script-Based Selling||Using a script to showcase the benefits and features of a product|
|Needs-Satisfaction Selling||Identifying the user’s problem and offering the product as a solution.|
|Consultative Selling||Presenting the product as a customized solution to a complex problem.|
|Strategic Partnering||Using partnerships to showcase one’s expertise in an industry.|
How to Implement Sales Strategy?
A business must understand what will attract target customers to its product or service. It’s worth creating multiple customer personas to target the sales strategy accordingly.
It’s also necessary to designate clear and differentiated roles for the sales team. Working with them helps develop a powerful value proposition messaging to boost sales.
🛍️ Sales Strategy Plan Evaluation
For a sales strategy plan evaluation of a small business, follow these six steps:
- Evaluate the original sales goal. It is common for sales goals to change from the original business plan as you consider various factors, such as market and competition.
- Identify gaps between goals and sales outcomes. Examine ways in which the business can bridge that gap.
- Evaluate the performance of the existing sales strategies. Make sure that the chosen methods are aligned with the company’s goals.
- Assess the sales team’s performance. Do they achieve goals and follow deadlines?
- Compute the return on the existing sales strategies. See whether it is cost-efficient to continue or if new approaches are needed.
- Conduct a qualitative analysis of the sales performance. It will help you see whether the company needs to tweak its sales strategy plan.
🛍️ Sales Strategy Examples: Top 5 Companies
Learn from the sample listed below to execute your winning sales strategy.
- Apple sales strategy is to assume the role of the industry expert. The company’s salespeople are famous for their attention to detail, knowledge of the product, and technical excellence.
- Nestle sales strategy focuses on promoting health and wellness while ensuring their customers are happier and healthier.
- UPS’ sales strategy focuses on offering value and thinking of ways to enhance customer experience.
- AirBnB’s sales strategy relies on user-generated content to make its sales narrative more appealing and relatable.
- Starbucks’ sales strategy focuses on brand loyalty and reinforcing brand prestige. It’s no surprise it is the leading coffee brand in the world.
Other examples of companies with great sales strategies include:
Need more inspiration? Check out the sales strategy examples below to discover new exciting ways to boost sales performance.
📝 Sales Strategy Research Paper Examples
- Price, Cross, and Income Elasticity of DemandSupply and demand concepts have applications in everyday life. They also directly impact the business person in everyday decisions.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Salesforce AutomationSalesforce automation records the stage in the sales process automatically and includes a system of contact management that tracks the contact.
- Starbucks Trading Strategy AnalysisIn order to understand a Starbucks strategy the actions and approaches of the business must be analyzed to form the pattern of the company’s strategy.
- Virtual Fitting Room: Product MarketingFor this purpose we have come up with a product called the Virtual Fitting Room. This is an interactive virtual fitting room with real-time clothing changing function.
- Ryanair in the European Low-Cost Airline IndustryRyanair's low model of growth has been leaned and aggressively sought by several low-cost airlines in Europe and in other parts of the world.
- BabyCare Ltd Financing: Case StudyThe business idea for establishing BabyCare in China was with a view to taking advantage of appreciation of the vibrancy of the consumer products in the Chinese market.
- Why do Retail Consumers Buy? Analysis of the sales strategyRealizing the increasing value of consumers’ patronage, retail outlets adopt several unique practices to entice them to buy. These efforts are concentrated in three directions.
- Future for Purchasing: Collaborative and ElectronicGlobalization has opened new avenues for global integration of functions like operations, logistics, procurement, and marketing in the upstream part of the supply chain.
- The Global Household Brands: Marketing StrategiesThis paper is a case memo about the operational as well as marketing strategies relating to the famous household products brand The Global Household Brands.
- Electronic Future for PurchasingE-purchasing and e-procurement would emerge as a dominant force in marketing products, and this would be the future of business in the next decade.
- Industrial Research of MAN Group UAEThe aim of this assessment report is to examine the issues facing MAN Group UAE, the exclusive suppliers of MAN trucks and equipments in the United Arab Emirates.
- “Creating the American Newspaper Boy” by T. A. PostolThe article focuses more not on the newspaper boy profession, but on the innovation of the sales representatives who are mobile in their marketing activities.
- Marketing and Promotional Strategies of the CostcoThe success of the Costco company lies behind its marketing and promotional strategies, an effective pricing strategy, the capability to offer its merchandise at lower prices.
- Dynamic Audio Teaching Ltd.: Business PlanThe Dynamic Audio Teaching projects development was devised to rectify current problems and constructed with industry collaboration.
- Sales and Promotion ManagementSales promotion can achieve goals in the short run by making huge sales but create problems in the longer-term because; once the price is increased after the promotion is over, the sales made decreases.
- Decision-Making Buying High- and Low-Involvement ProductsThis article will compare the decision-making process for the purchase of a high-involvement product and a low-involvement product.
- Impact of Sales of Inferior Goods DueRecession is measured by taking into account the quarters of the year rather than the entire year. On the other hand the depression is calculated as a drop in the GDP by 10% or even higher in the full year.
- Case study of Holly Farm. Problems and SolutionsFaced with a decline in returns from their farms, owners of Holly Farm decided to diversify their business.
- Marketing. A Framework for Improving Selling EffectivenessThe psychology of the consumer is something that can be studied much in order to come up with better adaptive sales strategies.
💡 Essay Ideas on Sales Strategy
- Managing the Sales ForceIn this paper author describes personal consultative selling process but also developing and managing the sales force.
- Skelton Truck Lines: The Sales Force EffectivenessSkelton trucks limited first of all has to establish what it wants the sales force to do for it, this is paramount as it will help in obtaining optimum results.
- Selling Process and Influence on CustomersThe selling process explains the phases salespersons go through to make a sale – an act of planning in the mind of another person a motive that will induce a favorable action.
- Gogo Juice Company: Financial PlanFinancial projections indicate that it should begin making a substantial profit, which will keep multiplying, by the end of its 3rd year with an initial capital of $200,000.
- Beautiful Legs by Post Company's Financial Analysis“Beautiful Legs BY POST” is a London-based company specializing in women’s tights sales. The paper analyzes the current financial situation of the company.
- The International Recruitment for Local Companies Within the UAEThe paper examines the international recruitment for local companies within the U.A.E through, as well as an examination of various respondents from Etisalat and the U.A.E TDIC.
- Corus Innovations Case StudyThe report identifies Corus as an innovative company whose new product is attracting the attention of many partners.
- Proctor and Gamble Company's Market StructureProctor and Gamble (P&G) sells consumer products in five industry sections: Fabric and Home Care, Baby, Feminine and Family Care, Beauty, Grooming, and Health Care.
- Dicks Sporting Goods: Demand and Supply ForcesThe paper will look at the various demand and supply forces surrounding the Dicks Sporting Goods and analyze the events of the 2020 pandemic and their influence on the company.
- Scottsdale Ford Company AnalysisScottsdale has several official distributors that provide car models for any customer. They have alternative models from recent years and used older cars of a lower price segment.
- Titanic Brewery's Performance AnalysisThe purpose of this report is to examine the performance of Titanic Brewery and its products and to offer recommendations for performance improvements.
- Integrated Marketing CommunicationThe world-famous digital corporation has a multi-million target audience, and the Galaxy brand is one of the recognized global leaders in terms of sales.
- Internode: Implementing Six SigmaThe expected benefits of implementing Six Sigma in Internode’s operations include consistent improvement in customer service, customer satisfaction and sustainability.
- The Attitude of Customers to Sales Promotion Methods on the Example of AppleThe primary purpose of the study is to develop recommendations for improving sales promotion methods for companies engaged in the IT spheres, using the example of Apple.
- Compagnie du Froid’s Problems and SolutionsThe paper recommends Compagnie du Froid, S.A. that the ice cream transfer be accounted for in a manner that accurately reflects resources and profits at each location.
- The Goodner Brothers CaseThe case is based on a story of a gambler Woody Robinson, working as a sales representative in Huntington for a major tire-selling company – Goodner Brothers.
- Gillera: Compensation StrategyPower is an element of the strategy that allows new knowledge workers to immediately create cash flows for Gillera.
- Black-and-Decker Company: MarketingThe UAE market is certainly different from most of the markets of Black and Decker such as United States and UK that are some of the most predominant markets of Black and Decker.
- Analysis of the Russet Cup CafeThe paper analyzes the Russet Cup cafe, which will be a one-of-a-kind coffee shop and café in Overland Park, Kansas.
- Primark Stores Limited's Retail Theory and PracticesThis report assesses the retail scenario, opportunities, and threats of Primark Stores Limited, as well as the company’s strategies to foster its growth and continuity.
👍 Good Sales Strategy Essay Examples to Write about
- Visual Management Studies: Empirical and Theoretical ApproachesVisual rhetoric is the tool for communicating effectively through visual features like images, design, and texts. It comprises the art of graphical nous.
- Valid Contract and Its Essential ElementsA contract is an irrevocable consensus recognized by the law if there is a breach, and this paper aims to discuss the essential elements of a valid contract.
- Individual Report on Running a CompanyThis report presents a twelve-month business simulation program using SimVenture for the company XYZ which manufactured and sold personal computers.
- The Pizza Cupcake: Sales PlanPizza cupcakes are aimed at solving customers' desire for pizza in a comfortable size, fluffy, and cheesy snack that can be taken anytime from anywhere.
- An Effective Business Strategy for a Company in the Oil and Gas IndustryBy applying a focus generic business strategy, the company managed to make sufficient revenue to stay relevant during the era of oil industry decline.
- Marie Claire vs. Woman and Home PR vs. Sales Promotion ConceptsThe objective of this assignment is to investigate how different industries incorporate public relations and sales promotion into their activities
- Marketing and Corporate StrategiesIt is essential to emphasize that marketing strategy is a vital component of any business interested in increasing sales and profits.
- Kono Company's Strategic Analysis in 2021The report's purpose is to provide a comprehensive analysis of the Kono company's strategic issues. The total volume sales are growing by 1% annually with a stable upward trend.
- Ford Motor Company: Company InformationAccording to Auto Punditz (2021), Ford managed to sell 4,19 million vehicles worldwide, which is the eighth result in the overall chart.
- Restate Company's Goals, Mission, Funding, Marketing, and PricingRestate Company is an example of the complete restructuring of the real estate market in the Republic of Egypt, which has a high strategic value for the officials.
- Problems Rochat & Schmid Face in China and Their SolutionThe proposed case revolves around the current problems Rochat & Schmid face in China as sales fail to meet the expected level.
- Analysis of Entering a New IndustryThe report aimed to assess the current performance of the car industry and determine the potential likelihood of moving to the motorcycle industry as a related sales industry.
- Entering a New Automobile IndustryThe automobile and motorcycle industries examined depend on external factors, including social hardships, notably the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Business Expansion in Automotive and Motorcycle IndustriesThe report discusses the possibility of business expansion from the perspective of assessing and comparing development prospects in the automotive and motorcycle industries.
- Basketball Shoe Manufacturing Company: Cost Behavior & BudgetingThis assignment evaluates a basketball shoe manufacturing company. The company is currently able to sell an average of 1,000 shoe pairs every month at $100 per piece.
- The Amazon Company: He History and AnalysisAmazon is the largest company in online commerce, with a multi-level sales strategy and annual revenue of more than $300 billion.
- How to Sell a Construction Set: The Technology of Successful SalesTo create an effective sales plan, LEGO should set goals, strategies, and tactics, consider employee motivation and prepare an action evaluation plan.