|Company overview||A major American low cost airline, and the seventh largest airline in North America by passengers carried.|
|Best known for||Roomy coach seats, onboard snacks, and its extensive in-flight entertainment offerings — which include free in-flight Wi-Fi and live sports.|
|Origins||JetBlue was founded in 1999 as “NewAir” by David Neeleman, formerly employee of Southwest Airlines.|
|Headquarters||Long Island City, New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Key people||Robin Hayes (CEO), Joanna Geraghty (President & COO), Peter Boneparth (Chairman)|
|Revenue||About 7 billion|
|Number of employees||Over 22 thousand|
|Business divisions||JetBlue Technology Ventures, JetBlue Travel Products|
|Scandals & incidents||In 2019 JetBlue had faced lawsuit saying pilots drugged and raped flight attendants.|
|It is interesting that||JetBlue only operates Airbus and Embraer planes.|
📝 JetBlue Research Papers Examples
- JetBlue Airways: A Success StoryJetBlue’s primary marketing strategy is to attract new customers by widely communicating its value proposition.
- Jetblue Company: Excellent Customer ServicesDespite the fact that Jet Blue has managed to provide a high level of customer satisfaction, the company has been experiencing some problems that have disrupted its operations.
- Jet Blue Hits Turbulence: Business Problem-Solving CaseJetBlue Airlines Company was founded by David Neeleman in February 1999, when it had the name New Air and obtained most of its employees from Southwest Airlines.
- JetBlue in the Global Financial DownturnCompetition in airline industry has led to JetBlue Airline Company having to always be at par with the changing technology.
- Jet Blue Airline's Human Resource ManagementThe essay discusses methods that the organization institute in selecting suitable personnel to meet the organization's staffing needs, and the importance of performance appraisal.
- JetBlue’s Airline Story RevisionAt the time of JetBlue's airline launch, there were already 87 cases of failures that the U.S. airline industry had witnessed in the duration of 20 years.
- JetBlue Company's Entrepreneurial TransformationThe case study points out the challenge that the JetBlue company was facing in making a transition from an entrepreneurial business to a large airline operator.
- JetBlue Airways Initial Public Offering (IPO) ValuationCost of capital is the equivalent to the concept of opportunity cost in economics which serves as a guide as to whether the investor puts it with JetBlue Airways.
- Jet Blue Airways Corporation's Managerial AccountingThis article explains the strategies Jet Blue uses to ensure a high level of service delivery, challenges faced by the airlines in its operations, and the ways to cope with them.
- JetBlue Airways' Hybrid Business ModelIn this paper, the researcher seeks to investigate the airline’s hybrid business model and how it has enabled the company to achieve sustainable growth in this market.
- Researching of Porter’s Five Force ModelMichael Porter a guru in competitive advantage designed a five force model that can be used within various industries to explain to investors whether the industry is highly competitive.
🏆 Best JetBlue Essay Titles
- JetBlue Airways: Starting From Scratch
- External and Internal Environmental Analysis JetBlue
- JetBlue and the Veterans Administration: The Critical Importance
- JetBlue Airlines and Growth Managing
- Issues That Will Determine the Success of JetBlue Airways
- JetBlue After Losing Brand Loyalty
- JetBlue Airline Company Strategy Development
- JetBlue Airlines and Strategy Audit
- IPO Valuation of JetBlue Airway
- JetBlue Airways and Customer Service
- JetBlue Airways and Diversification
- JetBlue Airways and the Airline Industry
- JetBlue Airways: Challenges Ahead
- JetBlue Airways Corporation: Journey in the Heaven
- JetBlue Airways: Crafting and Executing Strategy
- Human Resource Strategies, Policies, and Practices Analysis of JetBlue Airways
- JetBlue Airways Inc and Strategic Plan
- JetBlue Airways Strategic Management
- JetBlue: Apology and Recovery
- Business Culture of JetBlue
- JetBlue Business Strategy and Capabilities Analysis
- JetBlue Customer Service Delivery Breakdown
- JetBlue: Mission, Vision and Business Plan
- JetBlue’s Exceptional Crisis Management
- JetBlue’s Position and Potential
- Strategic Band Management of JetBlue
- Satisfying and Fulfilling the Human Sources in JetBlue Airways Corporation
- Strategic Issues Facing JetBlue
- The Company Profile and Economic Challenges Facing JetBlue Airways
- The Position and Strategy of JetBlue Following the Valentines Day Debacle
- JetBlue Airways Key Economic Indicators
- JetBlue Airways Marketing Mix
- JetBlue Airways Challenges and Risks
- JetBlue’s Organizational Culture of Service Excellence
- Recovering From a Crisis: JetBlue Gets It Right
- Strategic Analysis of JetBlue Airlines
- The Rise of JetBlue: How and Why the Airline Is Winning
- JetBlue’s Business Model and Low-Cost Travels
- Becoming a Beloved Brand: Lessons From JetBlue
- JetBlue Airways History: Founding, Timeline, and Milestones
❓ JetBlue Research Questions
- How Could JetBlue Have Better Communicated With Its Internal Stakeholders?
- What Is JetBlue’s Marketing Strategy?
- Who Is JetBlue’s Target Market?
- What Is JetBlue’s Business Model?
- How Much Does JetBlue Spend on Marketing?
- How Is JetBlue Doing Financially?
- What Are the Factors of JetBlue’s Success?
- What Is JetBlue’s Strategy?
- How Is JetBlue Different From Other Airlines?
- Is JetBlue Centralized or Decentralized?
- What Is JetBlue’s Competitive Strategy?
- What Is JetBlue’s Business Strategy?
- What Are JetBlue’s Five Core Values?
- Why Is JetBlue So Successful?
- What Is JetBlue’s Marketing Strategy?
- What Specific Strategies Does JetBlue Use to Create Value for Customers?
- What Are the Critical Success Factors for JetBlue?
- What Is JetBlue’s Competitive Advantage?
- How JetBlue Tends to Its Brand?
- What Are the Critical Elements of JetBlue’s Culture?
- Are JetBlue Systems Down?
- Is JetBlue a Reliable Airline?
- How JetBlue Airways Has Maintained Its Low Price Leader Position Through Optimizing Its Operations?
- How JetBlue Revolutionized Low-Cost Travel?
- What Is JetBlue’s Business-Level Strategy?
- How Did JetBlue Become a Major US Airline?
- Does JetBlue Make Price Adjustments?
- What Is JetBlue’s Pricing Strategy?
- What Is JetBlue’s Organizational Structure?
- Does JetBlue Have Any Resource or Capability That Provides It With a Competitive Advantage?