|Company overview||One of the largest US airlines and the largest low-cost carrier in the world.|
|Best known for||Free checked baggage and no change fees|
|Origins||Was established in 1967 as Air Southeast Co, an intrastate airline.|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, US|
|Key people||Gary C. Kelly (CEO & Chairman), Mike Van de Ven (COO)|
|Revenue||Over $21 billion|
|Number of employees||Over 50 thousand|
|Fleet size||Over 700 planes|
|Scandals & incidents||On 17 April 2018, a Boeing 737 experienced an engine failure. During an emergency descent in Philadelphia airport, a female passenger was partially blown out of the broken window. She later died.|
|It is interesting that||The rapid increase in airline travel caused by tangibly improved service or lowered cost is called the Southwest Effect.|
📝 Southwest Airlines Research Papers Examples
- Southwest Airlines' Diversity in Corporate CultureWith Southwest Airlines culture, employees are valued more than customers as the success of the company depends on them.
- Southwest Airlines StrategiesAt the moment, the U.S. airline industry remains attractive both for investors and companies which want to enter this market. However, it suffered from several critical problems in its past.
- Southwest Airlines' Strategic ManagementThis case analysis focused on Southwest Airlines' competitive advantage and competition, SWOT analysis, Porter's Five Forces, and strategic recommendations.
- Service Industry Operations Management: Southwest AirlinesThis research paper illustrates how service industry can achieve sustainable service excellence by improving their operational efficiency. The research paper analysis the case of Southwest Airlines.
- Airline Companies: Remuneration and Effective PerformanceThis research explores how remuneration and performance management are approached in Hainan Airlines, Delta Airlines, and Southwest Airlines. All airlines use recognition and reward programmes.
- Southwest Airlines Company Strategic ManagementBy the end of 2014, Southwest Airlines was one of the best companies in the airline industry. Its success founded on the provision of exceptional travel services at lower prices.
- Entrepreneurship and InnovationThis paper reviews entrepreneurship and innovation cases, "The Southwest Airlines: entrepreneurship culture," "Reinventing in innovation at google," and "Nothing unique to offer."
- Southwest Airlines' Strategic EvaluationIn this report, the strategic analysis of Southwest Airlines with the help of PEST and SWOT tools is conducted.
- Human Resource Management Strategic ObjectivesThe important role of employees in organizational success is probably considered a cliché in many management disciplines.
- The Case of Southwest AirlinesIt is imperative to note that the success or failure of any enterprise largely depend on how the development and change processes are handled by all concerned
- Southwest Airline's Case AnalysisThe airline has succeeded in communicating clearly its lack of amenities making the company to charge lower compared to other competitors within the industry.
- Southwest Airlines' Business Strategy in the Global EnvironmentThe Southwest Airlines company is credited for its successful model which applies low pricing mechanisms to retain and attract its customers.
- Southwest Airlines: Strategic AnalysisThe study is a strategic analysis of “Southwest Airlines Co.” as the biggest passenger airways in the U.S.A as well as one of the prominent global players in the aviation industry.
- Southwest Airlines: Company ResearchSouthwest Airlines, initially known as Air Southwest, is an American headquartered airline that was instituted by Rollin king and Herb Kelleher on the 15th day of March 1967.
- Southwest Airlines: Company AnalysisFor maintaining and sustaining competitive advantages, Southwest Airlines with its core competencies and value chain analysis combines to evaluate success factors of the company.
- Marketing of Innovation and High-Tech ProductsThe paper gives a vivid analysis of the new concept, showing a critical analysis of how much it has or has not been able to assist different companies in achieving effectiveness.
- Southwest Airline Company: The BackgroundThe Southwest Airline Company was incorporated in 1967 as Air Southwest Company adopting the current name later in 1971.
- Southwest Airlines' Business Policy SummaryThe Southwest Airlines company serves and dominates the short routes in the United States. The paper provides a comprehensive analysis of Southwest Airlines.
🏆 Best Southwest Airlines Essay Titles
- History and Market Position of Southwest Airlines
- Assessing the Corporate Culture of Southwest Airlines
- History and Market Position of Southwest Airlines Overview
- Major Privacy and Security Concerns at Southwest Airlines
- Different Styles of Training in Southwest Airlines and Continental Airlines
- Analyzing Five Forces of Southwest Airlines
- Southwest CEO Addresses Airline’s Technology Issues
- Financial Overview of Southwest Airlines
- Analyzing Southwest Airlines’ Human Resources Functions
- Relation Between Southwest Airlines and the American Domestic Market
- Southwest Airlines – Central Issue, Problems, Evaluation, and Recommendations
- Southwest Airlines Strategies for Customer Care: Methods Used to Deal With Internal and External Public
- Analyzing Southwest Airlines’ Culture
- Nuts Southwest Airlines Crazy Recipe for Business and Personal Success
- Analyzing Balanced Scorecard of Southwest Airlines
- External Analyzing of Southwest Airlines Environment: PEST and Porters Five
- Southwest Airlines and the Problems Catering for Passengers With Disabilities
- Overview of Corporate Culture of Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines Valuation and Prospects for Growth in the Near Future
- Southwest Airlines: Using Human Resources for Competitive Advantage
- Overview of Customer Service Products of Southwest Airlines
- Examining Capital Structure for Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines’ Airport Capacity and Congestion
This study provides insight into Southwest Airline’s airport capacity and airline congestion to discussing possible solutions that will enable it to provide predictable growth.
- Southwest Airlines: Impressing Your Employees and Customers
- The Concepts and Practice of Change Management in Southwest Airlines
- Organizational Commitment and Communication: Southwest Airlines
- Environmental Factors Affecting Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines’ Australia Expansion Overview
- Southwest Airlines Legendary Organizational Culture
- Profitability and Creditworthiness for the Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines’ Culture, Mission, and Values
- Continental Airlines and Southwest Airlines: Training TwoDifferent Ways
- Organizational Commitment and Communication at Southwest Airlines
- How Leadership Helped Create Customer-Centric an Organizational Culture at Southwest Airlines
- Segmentation and Target Market for Southwest Airlines
- Human Resource Management Models and Southwest Airlines
- Exploring Southwest Airlines Using Congruence Model
- Profitability and Creditworthiness Analysis for the Southwest Airlines
- Actual, Adjacent, and Potential Competition Estimating the Full Effect of Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines: Organizational Commitment and Communication
- Appling Freebie Southwest Airlines Business Method
❓ Southwest Airlines Research Questions
- What Is the Vision and Goals of Southwest Airlines?
- What Are Southwest Airlines Achievements?
- Are the Mission and Value Statements of Southwest Airlines Effective?
- What Is Behind the Southwest Airlines Culture?
- Can Southwest Airlines Sustain Its Approach as the Organisation Grows?
- What Are Southwest Airlines Competitive Advantages?
- What Makes Southwest Airlines so Successful?
- What’s the Competitive Strategy for Southwest Airlines?
- Does Delta Airlines and Southwest Airlines Have the Same?
- What Southwest Airlines and Westjet Have in Common?
- How Does Southwest Airlines Use Its Promotional Tool of Having the Most Generous Frequent Flyer Program of All Major Carriers?
- What Is the Financial Strategy for Southwest Airlines?
- What Are Weak and Strong Points of Southwest Airlines Model?
- What History is Behind the Heart of Southwest Airlines?
- How Does Southwest Airlines Compete?
- How Did Southwest Airlines Succeed in the Industry?
- What Are Trends and Opportunities for Southwest Airlines Industry?
- What Are Key Factors for Southwest Airlines Culture?
- What Risks Do Southwest Airlines Take?
- Should Southwest Airlines Open Another Call Centre in the US, or Should They Offshore Call Centre Services?
- What is Employee Engagement Strategy in Southwest Airlines?
- What Impact Does Southwest Airlines Make on the World?
- What Are the Sources of Southwest Airlines’ Competitive Advantages?
- What Is Impressive About Southwest Airlines?
- How Did Leadership Help Create Customer-Centric Organizational Culture at Southwest Airlines?