|Company overview||A Japanese conglomerate, one of the world’s largest consumer and professional electronics manufacturer.|
|Best known for||PlayStation console|
|Products & services||Consumer electronics, computer hardware, telecommunications equipment, video games, films, TV shows, music, etc.|
|Origins||Established in 1946 in Tokyo, Japan, by Akio Morita & Masaru Ibuka.|
|Key people||Kenichiro Yoshida (Chairman, president, & CEO), Shuzo Sumi (Chairman of the board)|
|Revenue||Over $200 billion|
|Number of employees||Over 100 thousand|
|Scandals & incidents||In 2014, a group of hackers affiliated with the North Korean government took confidential data of Sony Pictures employees. The hackers demanded that the company withdraw The Interview, a then-upcoming comedy about Kim Jong-un.|
|It is interesting that||Sony is famous for its innovations, not all of which turn out to be successful. One of its most bizarre products was the vinyl killer – a small campervan that plays music by driving around the record.|
📝 Sony Research Papers Examples
- Competing with Dell, Apple, and SonyThe essay examines a new laptop company's SWOT analysis and formulates strategies (marketing mix and promotional mix) to compete effectively with Sony, Dell, and Apple.
- Sony Strategy: Management & PlanningWorking on Sony strategy report? 📷 Sony made alliances in countries with restrictions on penetrating the market. 🤓 Read more about it in the analysis of the strategic planning of the Sony company! ✅
- Sony Corporation and Video Game Consoles IndustryThe paper contains a SWOT analysis of Sony Corporation. It reveals what resources and competences a company in the video game consoles industry needs for competitive advantage.
- Sony Corporation and Mobile Marketing StrategySony Corporation holds international operations all over the globe operating through subsidiary corporations. However, the most important are: Sony America (SONAM) and Sony China.
- Sony Corporation's Contemporary Developments in Business and ManagementThis report is a study of the internal and external factors affecting the electronics major Sony Corporation. Sony Corporation is one of the world’s leading electronics majors.
- Sony Ericsson Company's Marketing PlanThis marketing plan depicts the importance of situation analysis for setting the objectives and strategies, so Sony Ericsson will be able to target all segments in the UK.
- Sony Corporation and Its Product: Marketing PlanningMarketing planning provides the basic means for designing the marketing mix, implementing marketing programs, and establishing new marketing objectives.
- Sony Ericsson: Company InformationSony Ericsson mobile communication was formed as a joint venture in 2001. The aim of this paper is to take a deeper analysis of the whole path traveled by the joint venture.
- Sony’s Brand Strategy: The Effectiveness Brand Strategy in the Creation of Brand ValueDue to the measures that the management has in place, the Sony brand will continue to reverberate across the Electronics sector, but this can only be for some time.
- Sony and Ericsson Merger`s Benefit to Strategic ManagementThis paper presents a critical analysis of Sony Ericson Joint Venture that kicked off in 2001. The merger between Sony and Ericson gave them benefit from their market segment.
- Sony PlayStation Gaming Company's Value Chain AnalysisThis paper aims at conducting a value chain analysis on Sony PlayStation Gaming Company. Some of the marketing activities include advertisement and sales promotion.
- Sony Corporation: Company Valuation ReportThis paper is a financial analysis for Sony Corporation. The evaluation shows Sony Corporation shares to perform slightly below projected values.
- Marketing Plan for Sony CorporationThis paper discusses the marketing program of Sony Corporation. The firm would like to venture into other developing markets to sell its music system.
- Operation Managment About Sony, Determining Customer NeedsThe paper gives the status and importance of identification of market needs in Sony and identifies customers' needs through interviews, focus groups, and observation.
- Analysis of Sony Group CorporationThe paper analyzes the Sony Group Corporation - one of the leaders in the sphere of consumer and professional electronic products.
- Sony Corporation's Stance in the MarketThe purpose of this case analysis is to provide a brief overview of Sony Corporation’s current stance in the market, including industry analysis and financial statements.
- Sony Corporation: The External EnvironmentThe external or the company’s macro-environment helps Sony Corporation sustain worldwide success by managing external influences and related difficulties.
🏆 Best Sony Essay Titles
- Opportunities, Threats, and Competition of Sony
- Sony: Past, Present, and Future in Innovations
- History and Market Analysis of Sony Corporation
- Sony Threats and Opportunities vs. Resources and Capabilities
- Sony’s Strategic Analysis: Operations and Development of Business
- The Security and Control Weaknesses at Sony
- Sony Marketing Mix and the Video Gaming Industry
- Finance Management: Comparing the Sony and Panasonic
- Strategic Planning, Facilitation and Goals for Sony Corporation
- Sony’s and Matsushita’s Management Strategies
- Sony Company Macro and Micro Environment Analysis
- Internet Technology, Marketing, and Security: Security Breach Faced by Sony Corporation
- Sony Ericsson Alliance and Cultural Analyse
- Strategic Human Resources Management of Sony
- Sony and Its Effects on the World
- Video Games: Its Beginnings and Future
From the humble beginnings in the 1960’s with Steve Russell’s “Space War” to the interactive nature and networking capabilities of contemporary gaming, the videogames industry see more potentials for future growth.
- The Harney vs. Sony Pictures Television: The Trial Verdict and the Case of Abuse of the Copyright Law
- Sony and Ericsson: Negotiation Process and Strategy
- International Marketing and New Internet Marketing Strategy of Sony Corporation
- Analyzing Structure Changes Due to Sony in Restructuring Mode
- The Formation and Evolution of the Sony Ericsson Alliance
- Leadership and Changing Environments at Sony
- Motivation and Empowerment Theories of Sony
- Sony and the Largest Music Distribution Industry
- Bankruptcy Analysis for Sony Essay
- Sony Ericsson Moblie Phone: The Games Available, the Interface, and Interaction for the User
- Sony Company: History, Culture, and SWOT Analysis
- Ericsson Mobile Company: From Joint Venture to Wholly Owned
- Sony Corporation: When Globalization Meets Localization
- Ethical Issues Surrounding the Sony Rootkit
- Organization Design and Technology of Sony Corporation
- The History and Structure of Sony the Electronic Company
- Sony Ethical, Legal, and Regulatory Issues
- Situation Analysis, Promotional and Marketing Strategies of Sony Ericsson
- Consumer Buying Behavior and Satisfaction for Sony Products
- Sony’s Move Accessory for Video Games
- Cultural and Legal Challenges in Implementing Code of Conduct in Supply Chain Management of Mobile Phone Industries: Sony Ericsson
- Sony Corporation Financial Statement
- Analysis Into the Vertical Integration Across the Value Chain of Sony
- Sony’s Eco-Innovation for Televisions
- Sony Music Entertainment and the Evolution
❓ Sony Research Questions
- What Is Unique About Sony?
- How Does Sony Use Online Reviews to Engage Its Customers?
- What Are the Key Success Factors of Sony?
- Can Sony Regain Its Innovative Edge?
- What Is Sony’s General Business Strategy?
- Are Sony Laptops Still Part of the Sony Family?
- What Did Make Sony a Success International Corporation?
- What Is Sony’s Most Successful Product?
- Why Did Sony Lose Its Leading Competitive Position?
- What Are the Main Reasons for Sony Playstation’s Profitability?
- What Are the Customer’s Reasons to Buy Sony Playstation?
- What Went Wrong in the Sony Playstation Network Breach?
- What Might Sony and the U.S. Government Do Differently?
- What Is Sony’s Primary Business?
- What Is Sony’s International Strategy?
- Why Is Sony Successful?
- How Many Divisions Does Sony Have?
- Why Did Sony Fail?
- Sony Minidisc: Failed Innovation?
- How Does Sony’s Track Record as an Innovative Company?