|Company overview||The USA’s second-largest long-distance telephone company in 2002.|
|Best known for||The Biggest Accounting Scandal Ever.|
|Products & services||Conferencing, Contact Centers, Data and IP Services, Internet access, IT Solutions and Hosting, Managed Networks|
|Origins||Founded in 1983 as Long Distance Discount Service, Inc|
|Fate||Acquired by Verizon Communications in 2006|
|Headquarters||Clinton, Mississippi then relocating to Ashburn, Virginia, U.S.|
|Key people||Bernard Ebbers (Founder & CEO), Cynthia Cooper (Vice president), Kim Emigh (Financial analyst)|
|Revenue||About $20.6 billion (2005)|
|Scandals & incidents||In 2002, the Securities and Exchange Commission launched its investigation into WorldCom’s accounting and found that the company had overstated assets by a staggering $11 billion.|
|It is interesting that||WorldCom remains the biggest accounting scandal in U.S. history as well as one of the largest bankruptcies.|
📝 WorldCom Research Papers Examples
- WorldCom Accounting Scandal AnalysisWorldCom which is the US's second-biggest long-distance phone company is considered to have committed the greatest accounting fraud in the annals of the history of the US.
- Accounting Fraud at WorldComWorldCom used typical accounting fraud to show a profit of $ 1.4 billion in the year 2001 as against a real loss.
- Financial Scandals: Enron, WorldCom, and Waste ManagementThe Enron, WorldCom, and Waste Management scandals are examples of well-known financial scandals. They led to the loss of investors’ money and assets worth billions of dollars.
- WorldCom Accounting ScandalThe paper analyses the company’s overview and recession, the scandal, its identification, and effects to examine the WorldCom accounting scandal.
- WorldCom Inc.: The Corporate Bond IssuanceThis essay explores the major contributions and roles of the bond rating agencies in the issuance of debt, reviews Moody’s rating agency in relation to the World Com Inc.
- WorldCom Company Scandal: Ethics in AccountingThis paper intends to look at what led to the WorldCom scandal, the ethics involved, violated, or lessons learned from it.
- The WorldCom: Principle-Based Accounting StandardsThe major problem with accounting standards as applied at WorldCom is that they were principle based. This allowed the management of the company to manipulate the figures.
- Enron and WorldCom: Ethical Accounting PracticesThis paper introduces the discussion about ethical accounting practices and gives an explanation of why it is vital for companies to engage in ethical accounting practices.
- Importance of Financial Statements for UsersThe paper argues financial statements are addressed to external users who make individual managerial decisions based on their analysis results.
🏆 Best WorldCom Essay Titles
- The Role of the Accountancy Profession in Worldcom Scandals
- Accounting and Business Issues: WorldCom’s Failure
- Decision-Making Traps of Worldcom’s Board
- Analyzing the Fraudulent Activities of WorldCom
- WorldCom Financial Statement Manipulation
- Bernard Ebbers and the Grand Success of WorldCom
- Worldcom’s Impact on Corporate World
- Accounting Scandals: Enron and WorldCom
- Business Ethics: Accounting Irregularities at Worldcom and Arthur Andersen
- Worldcom and Reliant Should Be Charged With Felonies
- Corporate Governance Failure of WorldCom
- WorldCom and Rising Auditing Standards
- Financial Markets After Enron and WorldCom Collapse
- Worldcom: Organizational Culture and Unethical Safeguards
- Leadership, Management, and the Failure of Worldcom
- WorldCom: The Telecommunications Industry and Recent Accounting Techniques
- Models That Predict Business Failure; The Application of Models to Real Life – Enron and WorldCom
- Worldcom: What Went Wrong
- Post Enron and WorldCom and Investor Confidence Strengthening
- WorldCom Misled Even the Most Careful Investors
- Relationship Between Andersen and Worldcom
- Worldcom CEO Died After Accounting Fraud Jail Term
- Stricter Auditing Standards Implemented Due to Enron-WorldCom Scandals
- WorldCom: Bankruptcy and Lessons for Investors
- The Earnings Management Issue of WorldCom
- WorldCom, Enron, and the Application of Business Failure Prediction Models
- The Rise and Fall of WorldCom Telecommunications
- Agency Problem in Corporate Governance: The Case of WorldCom
- Uncertain Economy and the Future of Worldcom
- Worldcom Fraud Scandal: How It Failed
- Lessons From Worldcom: How to Avoid Disaster Stocks
- Rise of WorldCom Strategic Management
- Fraudulent Accounting and the Downfall of WorldCom
- American Greed: Inside the WorldCom Scam
- The Economic Consequences of Accounting Fraud in Product Markets: The Case of WorldCom
- WorldCom Improprieties of Unprecedented Magnitude
- Due Diligence and Reliance Defenses at WorldCom
- Six Steps to Failure: Lessons From WorldCom and Nortel’s Record-Breaking Bankruptcies
- Failing Good Intentions: The WorldCom Fraud and the Collapse of US Telecommunications After Deregulation
- The WorldCom Scam That Changed Everything
❓ WorldCom Research Questions
- Should Worldcom CEO Bernard Ebbers Be Sentenced to 25 Years in Prison?
- What Are the Organizational Behavior Principles of WorldCom?
- In What Ways Was the Worldcom Fraud Committed?
- Enron and Worldcom: What Makes Companies Fail?
- What Was the Leading Cause of the Worldcom Scandal?
- Why Is WorldCom Accounting Fraud Relevant Today?
- What Are the WorldCom Whistleblower Challenges?
- How Has the WorldCom Scandal Impacted Corporate Affairs?
- What Went Wrong at WorldCom?
- How Did WorldCom’s Accountants Conceal Over $9 Billion in Expenses?
- What Are the Financial Consequences of the WorldCom Accounting Scandal?
- How Did Three Unlikely Sleuths Expose Fraud at WorldCom?
- What Happened to WorldCom After the Scandal?
- How Did WorldCom Become Successful?
- What Were the Major Reasons Behind Worldcom Scandal?
- Did WorldCom Have a Code of Ethics?
- What Are the Ethical Issues in the WorldCom Case?
- How Did the WorldCom Scandal Affect the Company and Investors?
- Who Was the Whistleblower at WorldCom?
- What Happened to Worldcom Stocks?