|Company overview||British Petroleum is a British oil and gas company, that operates in all areas of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and extraction, refining, distribution and marketing, power generation, and trading.|
|Best known for||BP Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill|
|Origins||Established in 1909 as Anglo-Persian Oil Company, Ltd.|
|Headquarters||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Helge Lund (chairman), Bernard Looney (chief executive)|
|Revenue||Over US$164 billion (2021)|
|Number of employees||About 60 thousand (2021)|
|Scandals & incidents||The company has been the target of intense criticism for its role in the 2010 Gulf of Mexico drilling platform explosion that killed 11 workers and caused an underwater leak that spewed millions of gallons of crude oil into the ocean.|
|It is interesting that||BP is the only corporation to have an Oscar. The company won the award for the 1960 documentary film Giuseppina, which it sponsored and distributed.|
📝 British Petroleum Research Papers Examples
- BP Company: Ethical and Social ResponsibilityThe paper discusses the core ethical and social responsibility issues presented by BP’s behaviour, and HRM improving the ethical and social responsibility culture.
- BP Company: Social Performance of OrganizationsBP has been facing substantial issues in its organizational performance. The failure of the company to address CSR effectively has been detrimental to its financial performance.
- British Petroleum and Its Social PerformanceThis essay explores the social performance of British Petroleum by focusing on its role in SCR enterprises to protect the environment from the effects of oil and gas activities.
- British Petroleum as a Major UK Energy OrganizationBP must outline the progress that has been made so far in mitigating the outcomes of the oil spills and the lessons that have been learned.
- The British Petroleum Company's Social PerformanceThis essay presents BP’s social performance, the company’s CSR role and mitigation measures that it can deploy to ensure social and environmental conservation.
- British Petroleum Firm's Risk Management PlanThe purpose of this paper is to propose a risk management project aimed to improve the British Petroleum company’s safety and its public perception.
- Corporate Social Responsibility and StakeholdersThe current paper is aimed to analyze the effect relationship between corporations and non-market stakeholders.
- Theory of Demand and Supply of HousesResearch of how the theory of demand and supply affects the supply and demand of houses. Analysis of business environment of OPEC. SWOT analysis for Nestle Foods company.
- British Petroleum: Strategic AnalysisYear 2007 has been great for the BP. Highlights include increase in revenue and improvements in other financial indicators.
- Global Petroleum Industry. Multinational Corporations.During the last years, the global petroleum industry not only grew immensely in absolute size but also underwent significant changes in relative size within the industry itself.
- British Petroleum Company's Business PlanningBritish Petroleum Company have contributed immensely to the growth of the economy globally; the company concentrates on different business activities in the oil and gas industry.
- Corporate Social Responsibility as an International StrategyThe paper addresses the major forms of CSR initiatives and the criticism that has been raised against their use and gives a critical analysis and conclusion on the subject.
- BP (British Petroleum) Company's Target MarketThe target market of BP has been broadened from its foundation. The products of BP are sold in Europe, Africa, Asia, North and South America, and Australasia.
- Legitimacy Theory Applied to the BP Oil SpillIn light of the BP oil spill in the USA, the research paper will largely explore key issues concerning legitimacy theory.
- BP and Shell Companies' Financial AnalysisThe assignment focuses on the financial analysis of both BP and Shell companies. The focus of this research is to evaluate the financial performance of both Shell and BP Company.
- Managing and Accounting for Financial ResourcesThe major objective of financial management is the maximization of the shareholders’ wealth on a long-term basis.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc's and BP Plc's Financial AnalysisThe paper compares the financial performance of Royal Dutch Shell PLC and BP PLC. Ratio analysis will be used to analyze the financial performance of the two companies.
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC and BP PLC: Financial AnalysisThe study focused on ratio analysis of BP PLC and Shell PLC. The two companies have good records in terms of their current assets.
- BP Plc.: Company AnalysisBP PLC is an international gas and oil company incorporated in the UK with its headquarters in London. The company majors in the refining of petroleum products.
- Economic Viability: British Petroleum CompanyThis project proposal focuses on the British Petroleum Company. The company seeks to obtain funding and manage a project budget for purchasing equipment and increasing workers’ safety.
- The British Petroleum Company: Project Costs Minimization StrategiesThis paper analyzes the aspects of minimization strategies for project costs with reference to British Petroleum Company.
- Accounting Policies of Companies Reporting in Accordance with IFRSThe paper seeks to carry out an evaluation of the various accounting policies in instances where there are a number of policies that an entity selects from a given standard.
- Responsible Management Challenges for the BP Company: Problems and SolutionsThis paper aims to discuss the notion of responsible management and its implication for various challenges encountered by the BP enterprise.
- BP: Management PlanningPlanning management mainly deals with the setting of company’s goals. Management planning involves a series of steps.
🏆 Best British Petroleum Essay Titles
- Advertising and Environmental Stewardship: Evidence From the BP Oil Spill
- Beauty and the Beast? BP’s and Exxon’s Positions on Global Climate Change
- Challenges From Climate Change: BP’s Approach
- BP PLC, Oil Spill, and Moral Responsibility for Clean-up
- Compensation and Cost Cutting: An Example of the BP Company
- BP: Social Responsibility and the Easy Life of the Monopolist
- The Legal Issues and Ethical Effects of the Deepwater Horizon Explosion and British Petroleum Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico 2010
- BP’s Success Chain and Its Innovative Products in the Solar Power and Lubricating Industry
- Ethical Concerns Regarding the BP Texas City Oil Refinery Explosion
- BP Rebranding After the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill 2010
- Explicating Ethical Corporate Marketing. Insights From the BP Deepwater Horizon Catastrophe: The Ethical Brand That Exploded and Then Imploded
- Oil and Middle East Politics: The Case of British Petroleum and Shell in the Suez Crisis
- How BP’s Press Releases After the Deep Water Horizon Explosion Helped Regain Public Favor
- British Petroleum and Recommendations for Improvement and Success
- Impression Management and Legitimacy Strategies of BP
- British Petroleum Oil Spill Disaster: Crisis Communication Analysis
- Internal and External Communication on BP Gulf Oil Spill
- British Petroleum (PLC) and John Browne: A Culture of Risk Beyond Petroleum
- Products, Services, and Prices in the Free Markey Economy: British Petroleum
- British Petroleum’s Corporate Philosophy and the Oil Spill
- Project Failure: Deepwater Horizon and the BP Oil Spill
- British Petroleum’s Marketing Strategy in a Changing Business Environment
- Real-Time Economic Analysis and Policy Development During the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- BP’s Future Strategy and Sustainability
- Compensation and Cost Cutting: An Example of the BP Company
- BP Company Wins Shareholder Support for Climate Strategy
- The Deepwater Horizon Offshore Oil Rig BP’s Risk Management
- British Petroleum: Climate Plans Are the Best Defense Against a Tax Raid
- Corporate Insurance Strategy: The Case of British Petroleum
- BP’s Strategic Shift to Renewables
- Past Ten Years Financial Performance Summary of British Petroleum
- The Clean Energy Announcements From BP, Chevron, Exxonmobil, and Shell: A Mismatch Between Discourse, Actions, and Investments
- Aspects and Peculiarities of British Petroleum Company
- BP PLC: The Most Sustainable Big Oil Company?
- Transformation of the IT Function at BP Company
- BP: A New Strategy in Move to an Integrated Energy Company
- The Current Strategic Position of British Petroleum and Implications of Strategies for Future Growth
- Streamline BP’s Workflows With Digital Transformation
- How Industry Leaders Like BP Are Moving From International Oil Company to International Energy Company
- How BP Destroyed a Corporate Brand
❓ British Petroleum Research Questions
- Are There Any Aspects of BP’s Ethical Culture That Could Have Contributed to the Gulf Coast Oil Spill Disaster?
- What Are the Business Policies and Strategies of BP?
- Who Are the Key Stakeholders of BP (British Petroleum)?
- Did the Oil Spill Disaster Expose the Major Factors in BP’s External Environment?
- What Went Wrong With BP PLC?
- Is British Petroleum’s Marketing Strategy Changing?
- What Are the Performance Management Methods at British Petroleum?
- Why Was British Petroleum Responsible for the Accident?
- What Organizational Structure Is BP?
- Is BP an Ethical Company?
- What Is the Crisis Handling Practice in British Petroleum?
- Does BP Support the Trend of Developing Renewable Energy Sources?
- What Is the Critical Success Factor of British Petroleum?
- How Should BP Have Handled an External Environmental Analysis and What Environmental Changes and Trends Might They Have Discovered?
- What Is the Moral Implication of the BP Oil Spill?
- Is British Petroleum One of the Major Energy Companies in the World?
- What Are the Ethical Issues Surrounding the BP Oil Spill Incident of 2010?
- How Did the Gulf Oil Spill and Political Unrest Affect the BP Oil Company?
- Who Are BP’s Main Competitors?
- What Pricing Strategy Does BP PLC Use?
- How Did BP’s Corporate Strategy Affect Its Ethical Decision-Making Concerning the Deep Horizons Oil Spill?