|Company overview||Toshiba is the major Japanese manufacturer of computers and electronic devices for consumers and industry.|
|Best known for||HD televisions, laptop computers|
|Origins||Established in 1875 by Tanaka Hisashige|
|Headquarters||Minato, Tokyo, Japan|
|Key people||Taro Shimada (CEO), Satoshi Tsunakawa (chairman)|
|Revenue||About ¥3,336.97 billion (FY2021)|
|Number of employees||Over 141 thousand (2019)|
|Scandals & incidents||In 2015, Toshiba disclosed accounting malpractices across multiple divisions, which involved top management. In total, it overstated its pretax profit by 230 billion yen ($2 billion) over seven years.|
|It is interesting that||Toshiba’s product achievements include manufacturing Japan’s first electric washing machines and refrigerators, developing Japan’s first microwave ovens, and introducing the world’s first laptop personal computer.|
📝 Toshiba Research Papers Examples
- Toshiba Company’s Entry Plan into the Iraqi MarketThe paper profiles the Iraqi market to find out the possibility and feasibility of financial, distribution, and marketing partnerships for the Toshiba company.
- Toshiba Competitiveness in the Semiconductor IndustryToshiba can grow its profits and its market share of the global semiconductor industry by focusing on manufacturing agreements with the world’s largest chip buyers.
- Toshiba Company’s Approach to ManagementThe managerial role is very important in any company. This paper gives a stringent analysis of the Toshiba Company.
- Financial Analysis of Toshiba CorporationToshiba Corporation manufactures and trades in electronic equipment, power systems, household appliances, information and communication equipment, and internet services.
🏆 Best Toshiba Essay Titles
- Comparison of Contrasting Toshiba’s Business Strategy in Notebook Computers and the Operation Strategy in the Plant
- Toshiba and the Risks of Overseas Mergers
- The Battle Between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD; Toshiba and Sony
- Toshiba Corporation History and Operations Marketing
- The Birth and Growth of Toshiba’s Laptop and Notebook Computers: A Case Study in Japanese Corporate Venturing
- Toshiba’s Stock Long Term Analysis: A Japanese Company Impacted by the Financial Crisis, a Major Fraud Scandal, and Its Strategy in Energy Production
- Toshiba: The Ethics Behind the Profits
- The Significant Market Position of Toshiba
- Toshiba’s Accounting Scandal: How It Happened
- The Main Reasons That Led to the Toshiba Accounting Scandal
- Toshiba and the Myth of Corporate Governance
- Accounting Scandals: Toshiba’s Accounting Fraud of 2008-2015
- Toshiba Shares Rise Sharply After Japanese Conglomerate Opens the Door for Buyout
- Earnings Overstatement Scandal: An Analysis of Market Failure Theories Based on Toshiba’s Business Ethics Issue
- Toshiba Accounting Scandal: Failure of Corporate Governance
- Japanese Buyout Firms Japan Industrial Partners and Polaris Capital Group Consider Bids for Toshiba
- Toshiba Sees Significant Decrease in Short Interest
- 3D Investment Partners Calls Upon Toshiba Management to Develop and Announce Mid-Range Plan Before the AGM
- Toshiba Received Interest From 10 Potential Investors
- Japanese Fund Acquiring Toshiba Amid Plans to Go Private
- Toshiba’s Investors Continue to Push for Change
- How Toshiba Lost Its Way: Expediency and Deceit
- Toshiba Corporation Has Signed Confidentiality Pledges With 10 Potential Investors and Sponsors
- Managing Intellectual Capital at Toshiba
- Toshiba Stops Investing in Russia Due to Military Operation in Ukraine
- Recruiting Proposals for Toshiba’s Strategy From Outside
- The Toshiba Incident and Its Implications
- Market Valuation of Toshiba in the Midst of Long Term Turmoil
- Toshiba Stops Accepting New Orders and Investments in Russia
- How Toshiba Modernized Its Financial Controlling
- Toshiba’s Strategic Reorganization to Enhance Shareholder Value
- Japan’s Toshiba CEO Steps Down Amid Restructuring Efforts
- Toshiba’s Use of Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures
- General Dynamics Electric Boat Division and the Bid by Toshiba
- Toshiba’s Growth Strategy Returns to Square One as the Demerger Plan Stalls
- Business Development, Mergers, and Crisis Management of Toshiba
- Toshiba’s Strategy for Healthcare Business
- Goodwill Impairment: Toshiba’s Acquisition of Westinghouse
- Toshiba: Go-To-Market Brand, Employee Engagement, and Advertising Campaign
- An Application of Fraud Diamond to Toshiba Accounting Scandal
❓ Toshiba Research Questions
- What Are the Key Elements of Toshiba’s Business Strategy in Notebook Computers?
- Does Toshiba Stock Rise After the Company’s Largest Shareholder Backs Bain’s Buyout Deal?
- What Are Toshiba Investor Relations?
- Did Toshiba Shareholders Vote Down Both the Spin-off Plan and the Call to Seek Buyout Offers?
- What Was the Root Cause of Toshiba’s Accounting Scandal?
- Why Does Toshiba Stop Investing in Russia?
- Is Toshiba Considering a Buyout?
- Did Toshiba Investors Reject Revised Spin-off Plans?
- What Is the Technology Strategy of Toshiba Corporation?
- Did Culture Eat Strategy at Toshiba?
- What Is the Toshiba Business Strategy?
- Did Toshiba’s Shareholders Reject Plan to Break Into Two Parts?
- What Are the Strategies and Tactics of Toshiba?
- Does Toshiba’s Spin-off Plan Face Much Opposition at a Pivotal Shareholder Vote?
- What Is the Market Segmentation of Toshiba?
- Is JIC Considering the Acquisition of Toshiba?
- What Is Toshiba Company’s Approach to Management?
- How Did Corporate Governance Weaknesses Lead to Financial Distress in Toshiba?
- What Are the Implications of the Toshiba Accounting Scandal?
- Is Toshiba a Good Investment?