Today, several internal and external factors come into play to drive sustainable growth for businesses. It takes seamless coordination and implementation between these elements to nurture the future development of a company.
Micro environmental analysis refers to internal factors like employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and competitors that lead to failure or success. Keep reading to learn more about it and find some excellent micro environment essay examples.
🔝 Top-10 Micro Environmental Analysis Examples
- Marketing: Concept and Approaches
- Coca-Cola Middle East: Coke Zero Marketing Strategy
- Eastman Kodak Company's Marketing Analysis
- Lolous Company's Marketing Plan
- Atec Incorporation Marketing Plan
- Marketing Techniques and Segmentation in Examples
- Dior Company Marketing Strategies
- Marks and Spencer Company's Marketing Principles
- Toyota Motor Corporation's Marketing Plan
- Eye2Go Company's Three Year Marketing Plan
🤔 What Is Micro Environment in Business?
Micro environment pinpoints an organizational environment that can directly influence day-to-day operations. It involves several internal forces that can lead to the success or failure of a company. Depending on the organizational issue, these internal factors are unique in nature. In fact, they can impact the company’s performance potential over time.
In a competitive landscape, companies face a lot of challenges, and things get more complicated when internal micro environmental elements are distinctive.
Macro Vs. Micro Environment
|🌎 Macro Environment||🏢 Micro Environment|
|It is more of a general environment that can impact all business functions.||It refers to a close environment that dictates how the firm operates.|
|It is influenced by PESTLE (Political, Economic, Socio-cultural, Technological, Legal, and Environmental) factors.||It is influenced by COSMIC (Competitors, Organization, Suppliers, Market, Intermediaries, and Customers) factors.|
|Factors are uncontrollable.||Factors are controllable.|
|It renders a distant and indirect impact.||It renders regular and direct influence.|
📊 What Are Micro Environmental Factors?
Suppliers can impact a company’s delivery network and customer value. Their reliability determines whether or not the business can maintain smooth operations. Typically, managers have to exercise full control over suppliers’ costs and availability. If the supply shortages and expenses are under control, the company won’t have to deal with customer dissatisfaction and decreased sales.
When reviewing micro environmental factors, it is crucial to consider top management, HR, finance, accounting, and research and development departments. There’s no rocket science – managers have to collaborate and bring stakeholders on the same page to make informed decisions and follow strategic plans.
Competitors or rivals propel companies to improve their customer satisfaction and overall value. Businesses have to meet customers’ increasing demands and expectations to maintain a competitive edge in the market.
In a standard value delivery network, marketing intermediaries play a crucial role for any company. Middlemen like merchants or agents help businesses find potential customers, whereas physical distribution entities like transportation and warehouses assist companies in stocking and moving goods.
In a company’s micro environment, customers are the most valuable actors. Companies need a solid value delivery system to engage customers and build long-term relationships to drive growth. Customer markets can include business, reseller, government, international, and consumer markets.
The general public is a potential group interested in the product or service offered by the company. The company can lose the general public’s interest if business offerings are not purposeful.
From a company’s perspective, the public falls into several categories:
- media public,
- citizen-action public,
- financial public,
- local public,
- general public,
- internal public.
🔎 What Is a Micro Environment Analysis?
A micro environment includes elements within a unique organizational environment. Micro doesn’t translate into a minor task or factor. It hints at one or more problems within a company and how often they can affect organizational growth.
Look at a micro environment analysis through the lens of the company rather than the industry. Technically, micro environment analysis refers to reviewed internal forces of a micro environment. It can be about the competitor, market, stakeholder, or supplier analyses.
🔧 Micro Environment Analysis Tools
A SWOT analysis is one of the most effective micro environment analysis tools. It helps you understand the strengths, opportunities, weaknesses, and threats of each internal force. You can use this method to paint a full picture of all internal elements that can influence the growth and performance of your business. SWOT analysis can work as a direct indicator to assess different organizational areas and determine if there’s been an improvement. An in-depth SWOT analysis helps organizations tackle challenges, threats, and avail opportunities.
Porter’s 5 Forces
Porter’s Five Forces refer to a model to review five key competitive factors that apply to all industries. This model makes it easier to spot the pros and cons of an industry. It includes the following:
- Competitive rivalry in the same industry
- Substitute threat of a product or service
- The bargaining influence of customers
- The bargaining influence of suppliers
- The potential threat of new players in the market
Need some additional information? Check our more micro environment essay examples on the web page below.
💡 Essay Ideas on Micro Environmental Analysis
- Marketing Strategy and Development in the UAEBusiness essay sample: Companies' innovation shifts in modern times are outcomes of the game that compelled some firms to exit the market prematurely.
- Samsung Company: Contemporary Marketing ReportBusiness essay sample: The political factors that influence the marketing of Samsung’s smartphones in the UK are associated with Brexit.
- McDonalds' Marketing Strategies in the UAEBusiness essay sample: This paper analyzes the marketing strategies of McDonald's in the UAE, its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities, the micro-environmental and macro-environmental factors.
- "A Cut Above" Hairdressing Business' Marketing ManagementBusiness essay sample: The A Cut Above business has to introduce a new type of cutting and styling method to improve the good appearance and confidence of customers.
- Sony Ericsson Company's Marketing PlanBusiness essay sample: This marketing plan depicts the importance of situation analysis for setting the objectives and strategies, so Sony Ericsson will be able to target all segments in the UK.
- Marketing Environment Definition in the Marketing SectorBusiness essay sample: Marketing environment is a term used to define the factors that influence the marketing sector in a particular setting.
- Hong Kong Greenking Food Stuff Co Ltd.: Case StudyBusiness essay sample: The company selected for analysis is Hong Kong Greenking Food Stuff Co Ltd. This company specializes in frozen food distributed through traditional stores and the Internet Web Site.
- Apple and Microsoft Companies' Marketing ApproachesBusiness essay sample: Marketing strategy determines the choice of market segments that the company is targeting and it is part of the strategic direction of the company.
- Toyota Motor Corporation: Financial StrategiesBusiness essay sample: Lowering the costs of the current products has no risks as long as the same quality standards are maintained, thus the company can increase its profits due to higher revenue.
- Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola Companies' MarketingBusiness essay sample: The two companies, Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola, depend on experienced employees, finance, and brand names as their strengths in competing for market share.
- Marketing Fundamentals to Magnolia Web StudioBusiness essay sample: Demonstration of the applicability of the marketing concepts to promote the website Magnolia Web Studio. The paper contains an overview of the general marketing concept
- Marketing Plan for Kraft FoodsBusiness essay sample: The marketing plan relates to Kraft Foods Incorporation which is a firm that operates within the United States food processing industry.
- Toyota Prius, Green or Geek Machine-Case StudyBusiness essay sample: The article examines the Toyota Prius hybrid car: what is the reason for its popularity, what challenges did Toyota face in its production and how it coped with them.
- BEA19 Technologies Ltd: Opportunities in Sports CoachingBusiness essay sample: Essential GPS tracking devices are currently used in sports coaching to monitor athletes’ distance traveled and speed during a training session.
- Australian Supermarket Industry AnalysisBusiness essay sample: There are two dominant actors within the retail industry in Australia - Coles, and Woolworths. Together, they seem to possess about 80% of the whole market share.
- Business and Business EnvironmentBusiness essay sample: The current report is going to explore the key impacts of micro- and macroeconomic factors on Tesla Inc. using PESLE and SWOT analyses.
- Macro and Micro Factors Leading to Credit CrunchBusiness essay sample: This paper is about the ongoing economic meltdown caused by the credit crunch in the US and UK economies since the winter of 2007.
- Global Marketing EnvironmentBusiness essay sample: The paper states that the complexity of the global marketing environment is justified by the abundance of variables that influence marketing decisions.
- Strategic Management Analysis NikeBusiness essay sample: The paper gathered analyses and evaluates relevant information on both the Nike company and the industry it occupies.
- Analysis of Uber American CompanyBusiness essay sample: Uber is an American international public company from San Francisco that has created a mobile application for finding, calling, and paying for taxis or private drivers.
- The Walt Disney Company's Marketing TransformationsBusiness essay sample: Disney's expansion into foreign markets has become more complex than before. To keep the high revenues and a good public image, the organization must adapt its approaches.
- Primark Stores Limited's Retail Theory and PracticesBusiness essay sample: This report assesses the retail scenario, opportunities, and threats of Primark Stores Limited, as well as the company’s strategies to foster its growth and continuity.
- Influence of Leadership and Strategy on Decision-Making Process in Maxis CompanyBusiness essay sample: Organizational leadership and corporate strategy are significant components of any business company. They often shape the organization’s “economic appearance”.
- Colgate Palmolive Company: Colgate Toothpaste ProductsBusiness essay sample: Colgate toothpaste products are made for oral hygiene they include mouthwashes, toothpaste, dental floss, and toothbrushes.
- The Unilever Group's Strategies for the Next Five YearsBusiness essay sample: This paper provides a detailed analysis of the Unilever Group to determine the best strategies for the next five years.