- 🔝 Top-10 Organizational Plan Examples
- 🔤 What Is Organization Planning?
- 📚 What Are the 4 Types of Organizational Planning?
- 👣 Organizational Planning Process: Step by Step
- 📋 Organizational Plan Example
- 📝 Organization Planning Research Paper Examples
- 💡 Essay Ideas on Organization Planning
- 👍 Good Organization Planning Essay Examples to Write about
- 🎓 Simple Research Paper Examples with Organization Planning
Business plans are meant to start a business, expand a firm or maintain company profitability. Organizational planning helps outline the company’s objectives and lay a clear path forward. Also, it aids in clarifying the roles, duties, and expectations of employees and ensures the firm is moving toward its goals.
🔝 Top-10 Organizational Plan Examples
- Orange PLC’s Organizational Behavior and Negotiation
- Safety Management System Concept
- IKEA Company's Organizational Culture Development
- Turner and Aramex Companies Logistics Issues
- Human Resource Manager' Professionalism
- Learning and Development in Organization
- Impact of Organisational Culture on Change Management
- Information Technology in Business Decision-Making
- Positive Organizational Culture and Its Benefits
- Single Project Level Management vs Portfolio Management
🔤 What Is Organization Planning?
Organizational planning establishes a company’s reason for existence, sets goals for reaching maximum potential, and designs actions to fulfill those goals. The method is frequently used to improve a company’s overall operation but can also be directed toward its staff, finances, or products. The organizational planning process can help cope with changes, encourage creativity and innovation, and provide direction for actions.
📚 What Are the 4 Types of Organizational Planning?
A proper organizational plan comprises 4 phases: strategic, tactical, operational, and contingency.
A strategic plan allows an organization to see the big picture. It defines the company’s goals for a specific period and ensures they are consistent with its purpose, vision, and values. Although some smaller businesses prefer to engage all their employees in strategic planning, large organizations involve only top managers.
The tactical plan outlines steps to achieve strategic goals. It consists of several short-term objectives that support the strategic plan and usually take a year to complete. Tactics, such as the planning and execution of a marketing campaign, are typically established and supervised by middle managers.
An operational plan covers all the daily activities that should be carried out to execute the company’s tactics. It includes work schedules, policies, rules, or regulations that establish standards for personnel. It can also contain task assignments relevant to the business’s tactical objectives, for example, guidelines for recording and handling work absences.
A contingency plan is a backup option used in case of emergencies or unforeseen circumstances. It contains solutions to various possible scenarios ranging from people planning to early preparation for outside events that could harm the organization. Businesses may prepare contingency plans for issues like a natural disaster or malfunctioning software.
👣 Organizational Planning Process: Step by Step
There are 5 steps in the organizational planning process, which work as a cycle and help businesses create efficient planning and achieve their stated objectives.
|Create a strategic plan||A strategic plan is the most high-level view of a corporation, and any goals defined at this point will be broad and overarching. This step requires top managers to examine the organization’s present state and set goals for a specified period, such as a year or five years. These objectives should align with the organization’s mission and values and be critical to the company’s success.|
|Translate into tactical plan||This stage of organizational planning transforms the strategic plan into more manageable and measurable objectives. If strategic planning exclusively involves high-level managers, tactical planning can involve all managers. An example of an objective set at this stage is interviewing and hiring a certain number of diverse candidates each quarter.|
|Draft an operational plan||An operational plan translates the strategic and tactical aims into daily operations. It describes the regular work the company performs to accomplish its goals. At this stage, the firm can develop new corporate procedures, alter workflows, or collaborate with consultants to provide ideas for achieving its goals.|
|Execute the plans||Putting plans into action is a crucial step in the organizational planning process since it allows businesses to gain practical outcomes from all of their preparations. At this stage, the organization follows its operational plan, which outlines its day-to-day operations. However, since the operational plan is based on the firm’s tactics and strategy, it will help the company achieve its overarching goals.|
|Monitor progress and adjust||Continually evaluating and modifying the plan is crucial to ensure the business meets its objectives. Depending on the organization’s goals, the timing for assessing and revising can vary, but it should be scheduled from the start of the organizational planning process. The organization may change some of its strategic, tactical, or operational strategies depending on the outcomes of its performance reviews.|
📋 Organizational Plan Example
We have prepared an example of organizational plan types that can help the company resolve hamstringing limitations and achieve its stated goals.
- Workforce development planning. It focuses on a company’s human resources. This plan can involve improving employee diversity and inclusion, providing additional training opportunities, or increasing internal promotions. Since employees directly affect the company’s work, investing in their capabilities’ expansion can enhance productivity and revenues.
- Products and services planning. It assists in the company’s decision-making when launching new products or modifying its current market strategy. This organizational planning type can help a company develop goals and find product or service opportunities.
- Financial planning. It refers to a firm’s finances and their use. This part of an organizational plan can include decisions on new investments, changes in funds allocation, or work with specialists to understand how to use profits. This planning type can help most companies to safeguard their financial health and increase revenues as much as possible while still growing their business.
- Expansion planning. It sets goals related to organizational growth. It can include finding a new location, expanding a business, or organizing a merger. Expansion planning can be challenging but beneficial since it can increase earnings and grow the workforce to generate more goods or services.
📝 Organization Planning Research Paper Examples
- Managerial Planning and Its EffectivenessBusiness essay sample: The paper explores the effectiveness of managerial planning in the performance of the organization. This study used the deductive approach of the research technique.
- Forecasting in Operations ManagementBusiness essay sample: Operations management involves activities related to the production of goods. Organizations need to make forecasts before arriving at any decision.
- Sony Strategy: Management & PlanningBusiness essay sample: Working on Sony strategy report? 📷 Sony made alliances in countries with restrictions on penetrating the market. 🤓 Read more about it in the analysis of the strategic planning of the Sony company! ✅
- Emirates Airlines’ Organizational Structure & Development PlanBusiness essay sample: What is Emirates Airlines organizational structure? 🧑✈️ The paper investigates organizational development and changes in Emirates Airlines over the last several years. 📜 Read attentively to learn more about the organizational structure of Emirates Airlines. 😉
- Middle Managers Driving Change in OrganizationBusiness essay sample: This paper analyzes the problem of implementation of change by middle managers in an organization, and the associated difficulties.
- Fast Food Company's Organization and Management CaseBusiness essay sample: The decision by Bob and Lloyd to start a fast food company in Cambridge is going to be a good investment if the two consider carefully organization and management of the business.
- Activities Management for Achieving ResultsBusiness essay sample: Organizational culture is commonly held and stable beliefs, attitudes, and values that exist in an organization. This work discusses managing activities to achieve results.
- Power Vs. Control in Organizations – What Is the Difference?Business essay sample: What is the difference between power and control? 🔋 This essay explores the concept of power vs. control in organizations. ⚡ Whoever has power is able to exercise some form of control.
- H&M Business Strategy Analysis: Organizational Structure & PlanningBusiness essay sample: Looking for H&M business strategy analysis? 🔍 It’s here! Read about H&M strategic planning, organizational structure, 🥇 and how the company has gained a leading position in the retail sales of clothes. 👕
- Planning, Diagnosing and Managing ChangeBusiness essay sample: An analysis of reviewed literature has revealed that the scholars have successfully disclosed the terms of organizational change for the audience to understand its importance.
- Leadership and Management in Action: Basic FunctionsBusiness essay sample: An organization can only achieve its objectives while taking note of management concepts. The major functions of management include: plan, organize, direct, and control.
- Steve Jobs and His Management CareerBusiness essay sample: Steve Jobs has been successful in his management career because he has been able to make Apple Inc. achieve its mission and objectives.
- Tata Motors Strategy: Business Management & Growth RatesBusiness essay sample: Researching Tata Motors strategy? 🚙 Read this article to find out Tata Motors business success through its strategic management. 📈 Explore Tata Motors growth strategy and major innovations. 👉
- Organizational Development and Strategic PlanningBusiness essay sample: The purpose of the paper is to offer a detailed analysis of OD and how it can be executed successfully in a business firm.
- The Role and Appropriateness of Group Decision-MakingBusiness essay sample: Group decision making is very important to an organization. Group decisions often promote teamwork, unity and efficiency since all members of the organization feel committed to the set course.
- Strategic Management and Its ProcessesBusiness essay sample: Strategic management gives general direction to the project and it has a close relation with the field of organization studies.
- Management Practices ImplementationBusiness essay sample: This research paper focuses on the ways in which a workplace implements the management practices of planning, leading, organizing, staffing, and controlling.
- Human Resource Planning and Its Role in the OrganisationBusiness essay sample: Human resource planning is an essential practice in ensuring that an organization maintains the right workforce in an attempt to achieve its impending operational goals.
- Virgin Mobile Organisation Management StrategyBusiness essay sample: This paper discusses and analyzes the management strategy of Virgin Mobile organization, a newly formed business for telecommunication.
- Role of Human Resource Department in Managing Power Balance Between Employer and EmployeeBusiness essay sample: The most important role of Human Resource Department in managing the power balance that exists between employer and the employees is that of employee compensation.
- Enterprise Resources Planning SystemsBusiness essay sample: Enterprise resources planning systems are gaining momentum in the modern business world due to their efficiency and relevance in the present-day business environment.
- Alpha Planning: Organization AnalysisBusiness essay sample: Alpha Planning is a successful company that has of late experienced an increase in their operations. This is attributed to the amalgamation of several small companies to form it.
- Business Plan and How to Build ItBusiness essay sample: The purpose of this paper is to help highlight strategies and models suitable for turning the proposed idea into a reality.
💡 Essay Ideas on Organization Planning
- Knowledge ManagementBusiness essay sample: For effective human resource management, it is essential to have a separate human resources department. The roles of an HR manager and the practices that can be implemented are also discussed.
- XYZ: Marketing Business PlanBusiness essay sample: The business environment of XYZ Company for their new product Easy Oven and Easy Cooker comprises of the demographic, economic, and other related issues in the market of Australia.
- Business Plan in the Cultural IndustryBusiness essay sample: Cultural industries are today the most thriving businesses offering wide business opportunities that are yet to be exploited. This follows the changing of today’s societies which have transformed to be multicultural.
- ‘Bob & Lloyd Pizzeria’ in Cambridge: Business PlanBusiness essay sample: The objective of this paper is to develop a business plan for the successful creation of Bob & Lloyd Pizzeria and to make a market analysis of the fast-food industry.
- Employment and Staffing. RecruitmentBusiness essay sample: The process of employment and staffing is starts with attracting potential candidates and only ends when competent staffs are recruited and oriented.
- Southwest Airlines: Company ResearchBusiness essay sample: Southwest Airlines, initially known as Air Southwest, is an American headquartered airline that was instituted by Rollin king and Herb Kelleher on the 15th day of March 1967.
- PowerGen: Global Corporate StrategyBusiness essay sample: The paper begins by defining what a strategy is in corporate organizations. The impacts in changes of organisational structure on the PowerGen’s corporate planning are discussed.
- Emirates Airways: Organization Theories and DesignBusiness essay sample: The company selected for analysis is Emirates Airways. This company is the largest carrier in the Middle East founded in 1985.
- Organizational Strategy and Planning for Bradford & Bingley PlcBusiness essay sample: The report of Bradford & Bingley Plc begins with a strategic analysis of the company with an exhaustive SWOT and PEST analysis of the organization based on its current position.
- Eau Doux Company's Professional Strategic ManagementBusiness essay sample: The paper discusses the issues of strategic management through the Henri Fayol Classical School of Management, performance management, and provides research of Eau Doux Company.
- Organizational Culture for Project Management StructureBusiness essay sample: It is important to deal with cultural issues and challenges early at the start of the project and continuously review as the project progresses.
- Reorganizing Accounting FirmBusiness essay sample: During reorganization, we need to make sure that every employee is accounted for and withheld in a reporting relationship to understand tasks that the company is going through.
- Human Resource Functions & Organisation DevelopmentBusiness essay sample: Human resources management (HRM) and organisational development (OD) is a relatively young academic discipline but an old and well-established field of practice.
- Strategy Management: IKEA InternationalBusiness essay sample: The essay analyzes the structural design, the key strategic control systems, the primary people concerns, cultural factors, and the strategic implementation of IKEA international.
- Venture Screening Guide of Phoenix Solar Energy SystemsBusiness essay sample: Propose to produce and market solar energy systems for household purposes in the Indian market. A SES capable of powering the house without external power forms our chief product.
- Human Resource Planning: Employee Demand & SupplyBusiness essay sample: It is a systematic process of evaluating the human resource needs of an organization and making the appropriate human resource allocation based on their skills and competence.
- Strategy in Action and Contemporary Issues in Strategic ManagementBusiness essay sample: Companies make offers to their customers with different product specifications. At the same time, having cost implications for themselves and the prices they can command.
- Organizational Behavior and LeadershipBusiness essay sample: Applied to the workplace, OB science aims to provide management with the tools essential for guiding organizational productivity in terms of individuals, groups, and systems.
- Validity, Reliability and AccuracyBusiness essay sample: The functions of management are practically highly inseparable, but theoretically speaking, it is convenient to divide them.
- General Overview of Human Resources Management: The Impact of the Technology IndustryBusiness essay sample: There is a need for HR teams in any industry. They are crucial for technology enterprises because the technological world is rapidly evolving and transforming.
- Starbucks Branding: Importance of Organizational ManagementBusiness essay sample: The emphasis of the study will be on finding out how Starbucks uses internet marketing as a key instrument for its operational planning activities.
- Aspects of Human Resource ManagementBusiness essay sample: Human resource management is a policy or internal integrated function of an organization that focuses on recruiting, managing, and ensuring the activities of people.
- Strategic Planning and Strategic ManagementBusiness essay sample: Strategic planning and strategic management are very important tools that can be utilized by organizations to provide strategic directions and approaches to achieve their goals.
👍 Good Organization Planning Essay Examples to Write about
- Project Management for the Energy IndustryBusiness essay sample: Energy industry management practices and principles are often closely associated with the in-depth analysis of the business environment of the sphere, and the business research.
- Training and Development in CareerBusiness essay sample: This paper discusses the extent to which training provided by a company enhances employees' career development.
- Five Management Functions and Four-Step Control System ApplicationBusiness essay sample: Managers who have experience working at lower positions within the same company are capable of understanding the particularities of the whole process.
- Contemporary Workplace Leadership as an Organizational Change DriverBusiness essay sample: Effective leadership helps implement various innovations, strategies and considerably influences the communication within the organization.
- The Use of Soft Skills in Business Company and Influence Employee ManagementBusiness essay sample: The major TQM challenge relates to employee management and motivation required for accepting the importance of delivering highly sensitive projects in a short period.
- On the Role of Leadership in Project ManagementBusiness essay sample: The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the importance of senior management support in ensuring project success.
- Advantages of Activity Base CostBusiness essay sample: Activity-based cost is a new method that simplifies the assessment of business organization monetary condition.
- Human Resource Planning by UnileverBusiness essay sample: The aim of the assignment is to collect the data and evaluate current HR practices and approaches used by Unilever.
- Managerial Finance and AccountingBusiness essay sample: The paper analyzes the budgeting process, the implementation of a system of standard costs and variance and the benefits of such a system.
- Hilton Sydney Hotel's Quality Management SystemBusiness essay sample: The quality policy of Hilton Sydney is based on its commitment to offer its customers a high quality of services and facilities, which are in accordance with the standards.
- Analysis of Management Accounting Innovations in OrganizationsBusiness essay sample: Innovations in management accounting are considered as an idea, practice or object that is recognized as new by the organization that is adopting it.
- The Role and Effects of Budgeting. Beyond BudgetingBusiness essay sample: The paper aims to identify the shortcomings of traditional budgeting exercises and how the removal of budgeting is likely to influence the control functions in any organization.
- Noble Ketchup Manufacturing Company Business PlanBusiness essay sample: Noble Ketchup Manufacturing’s objectives include improvement of inventory turnover by at least 12% in the first year of operation, and maintaining high-quality products.
- The Role of Organizational Behavior and ManagementBusiness essay sample: Organizational behavior explores the actions of persons in the context of the organization in a place of the work.
- Business Issues and the Context of Human ResourcesBusiness essay sample: The provisions underscore the minimum wage range, taxes, workplace safety, employees’ rights, and equal employment practices that a company ought to comply with during its operation.
- HRM Practices and Their Role in OrganizationsBusiness essay sample: Human resource management plays an essential role in minimizing such exposures by making employees compliant with relevant policies and regulations.
- Human Resources Management Plan and Job AidsBusiness essay sample: This report is an HR plan for an organization looking to hire a Chief Financial Officer, including selection tips, training proposal, recommendations, and orientation script.
- P&G Corporation: Transport Improvement PlanBusiness essay sample: This paper provides a comprehensive transportation improvement plan for a U.S-based company, Procter and Gamble (P&G).
- Business Management & Decision-Making ReportBusiness essay sample: In the recent past, there has been a sudden increase in population and economic growth within major cities across the globe, leading to an increase in vehicle ownership.
- H&M Sustainable Labor ReviewBusiness essay sample: The use of alternative funding from campaigns to end the sweatshop scenario may also aid in reducing the cost of the initiative.
- Burger King Company's Operations ManagementBusiness essay sample: The paper highlights the key areas of operations management in Burger King, provides the process chart for hamburger production, and examines the lean principles.
- Ample Meeting Point: Marketing PlanningBusiness essay sample: On the perceptual map on competitive positioning, AMP must set the service offered in the minds of the target customers and differentiate it from the other competitors.
- Strategic Management and Planning in Non-ProfitsBusiness essay sample: Strategic management helps to manage competitive positions, enabling the organization to sustain long-term while making its goals.
🎓 Simple Research Paper Examples with Organization Planning
- The Importance of Management to OrganizationBusiness essay sample: The activity of any organization requires management since its effective functioning and development, and in general, existence is impossible without it.
- Strategy Planning for Market Expansion of Non-ProfitBusiness essay sample: Strategic planning refers to the process of documenting and mapping the objectives of specific organizations and the outline of their execution by assessing assets and plans.
- McPherson Charles Operations StrategyBusiness essay sample: This essay focuses on the operations strategy adopted by McPherson Charles, organizational objectives, and how the company addresses them.
- Human Resource Planning the Organization UnileverBusiness essay sample: The paper discusses and analyzes human resource planning and its impact on the organization, Unilever. Is given special attention to organization, industry analysis and HR strategies.
- Kitchenware Company Managing and Leading ChangeBusiness essay sample: The paper aims to explore how organizations approach change management, taking the Kitchenware Company as an example.
- Strategic Management and Planning in the WorkplaceBusiness essay sample: A business profile includes brief information about the company's history and development, past success, and expected future performance.
- Strategic Plan Case Study AssignmentBusiness essay sample: The organization is facing a need for change to facilitate the performance according to the served community's needs.
- Management Planning Tools and Responding to Financial ProblemsBusiness essay sample: Management is different from financial accounting in that their roles, processes, uses, and purposes are other. Yet, they play significant roles in an organization.
- Big Data in Green Supply Chain ManagementBusiness essay sample: The paper shows that the accuracy of decision-making could be significantly improved with the help of Big Data and its proper connection to the given green supply chain.
- The Strategic Change Model in NetflixBusiness essay sample: The strategic transformational change could beneficially affect the Netflix company by creating innovations without leaving the central concept.
- The Turnaround at the Preston Plant: Operations ManagementBusiness essay sample: The report highlights the benefits of establishing control in the operations, and the strategic quality conformance based on the case of the Preston plant.
- Google: The Organizational RestructureBusiness essay sample: By becoming Alphabet, Google expanded its domains, which is made of internet search and advertisement, to become a giant technological conglomerate firm.
- Kia Motors America, Modern Recruiting, and Online SpaceBusiness essay sample: In this essay, the main stages of recruiting, its nuances associated with small and large firms, and its current trends will be examined by analyzing a Kia Motors America case study.
- Disability Services Australia's Implementation PlanBusiness essay sample: For Disability Services Australia to function successfully in the long term, an implementation plan must be developed.
- Importance of Strategic Planning in OrganizationsBusiness essay sample: Strategic planning is designed to expand the horizons of anticipating the development of the market situation and enables the company to build its policy for the future.
- Nails Zone: Business Model and PlanBusiness essay sample: Nail Zone is a full-service nail business salon that is dedicated to providing quality customer services in a calm and relaxing setting.
- Management: Moyon Tea Business PlanBusiness essay sample: The goal is to expand the brand into a franchise. MOYON is meant to represent the disruption of the industry, a healthy alternative to coffee, and a modern social experience.
- Foundations of Business Intelligence and AnalyticsBusiness essay sample: Each business organization should have a highly qualified HR specialist who would be involved in processing qualitative and quantitative data related to jobs and compensation.
- Organizational Development: Sprockets Cycles Case StudyBusiness essay sample: The paper examines how the internal structure of Sprockets Cycles can be reformed to generate better outcomes for the business under new ownership.
- Bridgestone Corporation's Strategic ReportBusiness essay sample: This paper will analyze Bridgestone's strategies before preparing a strategic report and recommendations for the organizational redesign.