It is crucial for companies to increase brand awareness and improve customer loyalty. So, how can they achieve that? The answer is brand strategy! World-famous brands such as Zara, Louis Vuitton, Tesla, and others have created strong brand strategies to become successful.
Sounds interesting? Keep reading to learn more!
🔝 Top 10 Brand Strategy Examples
- Is Louis Vuitton Ethical? Louis Vuitton Code of Ethics & Conduct
- Branding Australian Mobile Phones: Roo Winder Cell Phone
- Laptop Industry’s Characteristics and Analysis
- E-activity Effects on Customer's Decision Making
- Luxury Products and Social Media Marketing Effects
- Alibaba Brand Image & New Strategy Analysis
- Unilever Company: "Dove" Brand Evolution
- Olio Bello Organics Brand: Marketing Plan
- Fruit Juice Branding in the United Kingdom
- Branding as a Strategic Marketing Approach
🛍️ Brand Strategy: What Is It?
A branding strategy is a holistic approach that helps businesses build identity, image, and favorability among consumers. Marketers identify the company’s long-term business goals and key targets to devise marketing plans that strengthen the brand’s reputation and increase profits.
Why Is Brand Strategy Important?
A brand needs to be strong if it wants to establish relationships with customers. An effective brand strategy can increase customer loyalty and promote brand awareness. The plan takes into account the importance of the company’s unique selling proposition and the impression it wants the target audience to have of it.
What Are the 4 Branding Strategies?
- Product line extension involves using the present brand name to market a new product that targets an existing market.
- The multi-brand strategy involves running numerous brand strategies in the same market.
- Brand extension entails introducing new products under the existing brand.
- A new brand occurs when the business expands through offering a new product line.
What Is a Good Branding Strategy?
A successful brand strategy explains the brand’s distinctive qualities, its mission and objectives, and how it plans to carry them out. Carefully considered market, niche, product or service offerings, customers, and rivals can help create a powerful brand strategy.
🤑 5 Elements of Brand Strategy
There the five critical elements of brand strategy: brand story, voice, design, values, and vibe. Let’s take a closer look.
- Brand Story tells the customers about the company’s personal journey, what it stands for, why it exists, and what inspires it to keep going
- Brand Voice includes words the brand uses to communicate with its consumers through different channels.
- Brand Design demonstrates the company’s logo, pattern, or color palette it uses to represent itself.
- Brand Values include the company’s guidelines and mission statement. Besides, it contains dos and don’ts for appearing on social media platforms and other channels.
- Brand Vibe includes the sentiments the brand emits through product packing, social media channels, and its website. It could be funny, wholesome, playful, or a combination of attitudes that help the brand stand out in the market
🚀 Best Brand Strategy Examples
Do you want to know what a successful brand strategy should be like? Then, check out some of the best brand strategy examples below!
Tesla Brand Strategy
The brand focuses on sustainable energy and combating global warming. To achieve that, they build clean energy generators and storage solutions. Furthermore, they’ve linked their brand with a significant cause to give more reasons for the customers to engage with Tesla cars.
Starbucks Brand Strategy
Starbucks’ vision statement is one of the core reasons for its success. It demonstrates their dream to become the most refined coffee chain globally. They have a clear vision which helps them make better decisions.
Apple Brand Strategy
Apple introduced products that offer privacy to secure the user’s data. Moreover, the brand promoted accessibility to help physically challenged people to access them. In short, they used their core values to attract customers to engage with the brand.
Louis Vuitton Brand Strategy
The brand is successful mainly thanks to its broad reach and accessibility. Moreover, it practices brand equity. Louis Vuitton’s brand strategy understands its worth and manages to capture a wider market to stay competitive.
Zara Brand Strategy
Zara can quickly follow fashion trends, attracting consumers to the brand. Furthermore, Zara’s brand strategy introduces low-cost retailers to runway queens to cater to every category.
Other examples of companies with great brand strategy include:
Check the samples below for more ideas
📝 Brand Strategy Research Paper Examples
- Spotify Brand Reputation: Consumer Perception & Online BrandingWhat is Spotify’s brand reputation? 🎵 This research highlights Spotify’s online branding strategy. 💿 Read the paper to learn about Spotify’s brand value and decide whether it’s a good quality company. ✅
- Nissan and Infiniti Companies BrandingThe case of Nissan (the parent company) and Infinity (the brand extension) shows how business focused on the lower and middle price segment can enter the luxury market.
- Brand Management for Ireland's Tourism IndustryThis reflective paper attempts to classify the effectiveness of designing and implementing brand strategies in Ireland.
- Walt Disney Company Strategic ManagementThe Walt Disney Company, headquartered in Burbank, CA, USA, is a diversified entertainment company operating worldwide.
- New Zealand' Energy Drinks Industry MarketingThis study includes market measurement, competition analysis, resources and capabilities, primary demand and marketing mix strategies for New Zealand beverage industry.
- Qantas Airline Company Multi-Brand ApproachQantas belongs to the airline industry. It provides international travel services from Australia, to major cities, and destinations all over the world.
- Coca Cola Company in ChinaOver the past few years Coca Cola has attempted to gain a foothold into the Chinese market through a variety of advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Coca-Cola and Pepsi Companies' Different StrategiesThis study analyzes strategies used by Coca-Cola and Pepsi by viewing national and international issues related to consumer preferences and post-recessionary impact on the firms.
- Royal Crown Cola Company Strategic Marketing SystemsThis paper explores the strategic brand marketing systems that RC Cola employs to maintain the consumer base and keep up with competition from the players in the international soft drinks industry.
- Walmart Company's Marketing AnalyticsIn this paper, the researcher will analyze marketing strategies used by Wal-Mart and determine the level to which it applies marketing analytics with the view of making recommendations.
- The Coca-Cola Company's Marketing Plan in ChinaThe paper review the implementations of budgetary and strategic management on all levels of marketing that can lay a sustainable base for the sales of Minute Maid.
- Sara Lee Corporation: Strategy and BrandThe current Sara Lee's corporate strategy involves massive downsizing and divesture. The company also plans to invest in a massive advertisement in order to strengthen its brand equity.
- Farmers Trading Company's Brand ManagementThis report is developed for managing directors of Farmers Trading Company and aims to examine the specifics of brand marketing.
- EBay Company's Brand Position AnalysisThis paper highlights that the eBay brand has been weakened by focusing too much on individual products that are owned and manufactured by the vendors on the platform.
- Strategic Management and Competitive Advantage in BusinessCore competencies are considered a source of competitive advantage due to the dynamic nature of the contemporary business environment.
- Handmade Knitwear Company's Marketing PlanBeing a new entrant to the existing fashion and apparel market, Handmade Knitwear needs an elaborate strategy for promoting its products and attracting target customers.
- Nikon D800E Digital SLR Camera: Product MarketingThere is a need for Nikon to frequently upgrade and manage their knowledge system for the sake of surviving within the international market.
- Kit Kat Marketing Strategy & RebrandingAre you researching KitKat target market? 🍫 Read this study to explore the Kit Kat marketing strategy of rebranding. 📝 The scope of the report includes the marketing mix and recommendations. ✔️
- Starbucks Corporation's Mission and StrategiesThe paper evaluated the Starbucks Company in terms of its mission statement and its original objectives that were set forewarned by the company.
- Functions of BrandingOne of the main functions of branding, other than being just an identifier of a product, is that branding has become a medium of communication for the company with the customer.
- Zara: Fast Fashion Case AnalysisThe first Zara store was opened on an up-market shopping street in La Coruca. From the beginning, Zara positions itself as a store selling medium-quality fashion clothing at affordable prices.
- Marketing Communications in Building Strong Brand NamesThe paper investigates the views of different authors in assessing the role played by marketing communication in creating/building and sustaining a strong brand name.
- Dove: The Campaign for Real BeautyDove headed on a path to redefine beauty. The dilemma was that it was selling a beauty product itself. Dove headed down a long path of controversy that ended up stirring societal dialogue about beauty
- Dove Evolution of a BrandDove brand was perceived by women as way of beauty and this for any brand is very important aspect because women want to associate themselves with things that will turn them on sexually or the product that relates to fertility.
- Mintchoc Brand's Marketing ManagementMy proposed brand name is Mintchoc. This will comprise a chocolate bar coated with a mint taste and packaged in green wrappers.
- Toy Company: New Product Development and BrandingThe business environment is very turbulent hence is quite imperative for all manufacturing industries to have strategies that can enable it gain competitive edge.
- Best Buy Inc.: Company Analysis ProjectThis paper will look into the company analysis of Best Buy as a corporate leader of today excelling in the sales of electronic goods.
💡 Essay Ideas on Brand Strategy
- Mambo and Its Branding StrategyThe discussion of Mambo and its branding strategy shows that the brand itself is strong but lacks relevance, which makes the brand irrelevant to the target customers
- Notting Hill Carnival's Brand PromotionThis report considers ways through which promotion is used for the Notting Hill Carnival. It further considers how promotion for the same event can be expanded on.
- "PowerAde": Marketing StrategyPowerAde must divest its target market from niche sports market to a health conscious market as well as the young amateur sports market.
- Managerial Marketing. Branding and Company ImageThe report highlights how sales and market share could be increased by tactfully engaging in branding activities and creating a company image that gains customer appreciation and loyalty
- Positioning and Brand Management in Coca-ColaIn the case of Coca-cola positioning and brand management is the key point of the company’s sustainability and survival in the open market.
- American Automobile IndustryThis paper is based on the American automobile industry’s recent integrated marketing communication strategies.
- The Aspects of International MarketingStarting with market research as the basis for entering into an international market, companies need to make proper decisions on whether to go abroad, how to enter markets, etc.
- Diesel Product Line Role in Male Beauty Products MarketThis paper mainly focuses on the product line of Diesel in male beauty products through the various aspects and explains some strategies to establish the brand in the market.
- Daimlerchrysler Is a Merger-of-Equals or Merger of ConvenienceSchrempp admitted in an discussion with the Financial Times that the DaimlerChrysler merger deal was never meant to be a “merger of equals” and arrogated that Daimler had bought Chrysler.
- Branding in South KoreaIn the establishment of any brand, time is a crucial factor, and so a successful brand requires to be constructed at a painstakingly elaborate and calculated manner
- Primark Stores Limited’s Supply Chain ManagementThe discussion involves an analysis of the role of supply chain management in the fashion retail sector. The analysis entails Primark Stores Limited as an example.
- Key Personality Characters of the BrandingThis report examines the branding activities undertaken by charity organizations in Australia for increasing their status and position in the economy.
- Honey Monster Cereal Products: Brand ExtensionBrand extension is one facet of brand positioning. Honey Monster has evolved from a product promoting mascot into a company banner due to its acceptability and popularity.
- Branding in an Organisation’s Marketing StrategyBranding has a great impact on a company’s market position and adds value to its image. A company's market share, current, and future may fluctuate readily.
- Airline Passengers: Service Innovation & Branding StrategiesInnovative and attractive services are an answer to customers who are demanding. So marketing of the services for airline passengers can be several types.
- A Brand Transition ChallengeThe case is about a brand transition challenge in a Manchester product. Brand transition is the changing of a brand name of an organization or the product for a reason.
- Sony Corporation and Its Product: Marketing PlanningMarketing planning provides the basic means for designing the marketing mix, implementing marketing programs, and establishing new marketing objectives.
- Wal-Mart: Analysis of Company’s Success in the International MarketThis paper seeks to answer questions: How Wal-Mart continued its extraordinary growth. Did Asia and Europe offer Wal-Mart real opportunities for international market dominance?
- Boost Juice Bar: Brand and Product ManagementThis paper will consider all the relevant issues of the brand audit by considering the well-known Australian company Boost juice bar.
- Virgin Blue vs. Jetstar: Comparative AnalysisThis paper studies the cases of Virgin Blue and Jetstar to understand the brand equity of the existing brands.
- Marketing Strategy for Barnie's Coffee and Tea CompanyThe study explores the use of integrated marketing communications at Barnie’s Coffee and Tea Company to stay competitive in an ever-changing market.
- Aloha Airlines: Marketing StrategyAloha Airlines had its headquarters in Honolulu, Hawaii. The Airline operated in Honolulu International Airport.
- Dr. Café: Integrated Marketing CommunicationThis report analyzes various components of IMC that Dr. Café has applied in as effort to establish and maintain progress with their customer initiatives.
- Tourism Tasmania’s ‘Experience Product’ StrategyThe Tasmanian marketing strategy must try to target the customers and find out the areas that they prefer to visit and what media preference they have for promotional activities.
- Expanded Marketing mix for online MarketingThe use of online marketing by the bank is a very new concept in the banking industry and has not been in use in the market for a long time.
- Sony’s Brand Strategy: The Effectiveness Brand Strategy in the Creation of Brand ValueDue to the measures that the management has in place, the Sony brand will continue to reverberate across the Electronics sector, but this can only be for some time.
- The Role and All Aspects of Branding in CompaniesBranding is an important aspect that has to be considered by organizations. The brand determines the position and value for the company among its competitors.
👍 Good Brand Strategy Essay Examples to Write about
- Branding in Apple IncorporationApple incorporation is a public limited company, which was formed in 1976. The firm is located at Cupertino, California.
- Subway Franchise's Positioning StrategyThe changing social environment and the lack of proper marketing campaign strategies that support Subway's repositioning are limiting rapid success in terms of market penetration.
- Foo.go Development Strategy Case StudyThis essay will look into the reasons why the brand from a small independent operator has achieved great acceptability considering the competitiveness of the market.
- Strategic Brand Management: Coca-Cola and Pepsi BrandBranding is one of the most important marketing strategies. This paper looks at brand management strategies as used in Coca cola and Pepsi brands.
- Abercrombie & Fitch: Brand Revitalization and Extension StrategiesThe target customer for A&F brand must be extended in terms of demographics i.e. age, sex, color, and race. The traditional white man’s wear concept of the brand must be changed.
- Expanding and Varying the Internet Marketing MixMarketing mix known as the 4p’s refers to the marketing of a product, place, promotion and the price. Adoption of the mix concepts by the Emirate group has made it very profitable.
- Brand Development Strategies of Wal-Mart and TescoThis paper critically analyzes the theories behind Wal-Mart’s successful brand-building strategies in relation to its global competitor, Tesco.
- Branding: Managing Brand Over TimeThe challenges that companies encounter while managing their brands over time. The brand management strategies can be adopted to sustain brands for a longer time.
- Internet Marketing Strategy for a CompanyWith the current increase in the number of individuals using the internet, internet marketing has become the best option for use in promoting a product.
- GM Holden Company's Integrated Marketing CommunicationOutlining the importance of integrated marketing communication, this paper analyzes the role it plays in the brand-building process, based on the example of GM Holden.
- Influence of Cultural Differences in Marketing International ‘Brand Identities’Many companies are producing products that are marketed all over the world. Such Companies can succeed if they can market their product, making it friendly to the target consumer.
- Sweet Bits Branding, Pricing, and Distribution StrategyVarious products manufactured by SBC will remain faithful to the principles of high-quality, low-cost, organic, and ethically manufactured food
- Brand Audit of Volkswagen: Brand Inventory and Brand ExploratoryThe Volkswagen brand is based in Germany and is one of most the largest in Europe and attracts a lot of reviews and scrutiny.
- SMEs in Europe: Case StudyToday's business environment is very competitive. This makes it necessary for every company, big or small, to develop strategies that are important for success.
- Marketing, Brand Image, Strategy, Social Media, Groundswell Energy, and Social Technographics ComparisonThis paper discusses issues such as marketing, brand image, strategy, social media, groundswell energy, etc. The views of Li and Bernoff convince with the views of Zyman.
- James Bond in Starbucks2023 is marked by a planned release of a new James Bond movie. Starbucks intends to become a part of the Bond brandscape to promote its image.
- Electronic Marketing: Zain Saudi CompanyThe main idea of the paper is to consider the Zain Saudi Company marketing strategy in the light of the competitive ability and Internet use.
- Ratio Analysis of McPherson’s LimitedA company is operating in two diverse segments, first is the marketing and supply of household consumer goods, and second is stipulation of books and commercial printing services.
- Marketing Plan for Business XThe key questions that were answered in the paper include the year of incorporation, business head office, product/service offered, business financing projected revenue.
- Resource and Talent Planning Within OrganizationThis paper discusses labour market, future skills, workforce planning, HR planning and documentation, retention and turnover, lawful practice from managing dismissal, retirement.
- Evaluating a Corporate-Societal Relationship Preparation in the Nike CompanyThe paper discusses the aspect of corporate social responsibility in the context of Nike, one of the world's leading sportswear manufacturers.
- Apple Inc.'s Revenue, Relationship Marketing, and Customer LoyaltyThis essay will define the theory of relationship marketing and its related fundamental concept of customer loyalty and outline its impact on business performance for Apple.
- Apple, Inc.: An Overview of the Company’s Socioeconomic, Macroeconomic, and Other AspectsThis report has consistently discussed the key socio-economic, macroeconomic, technological, demographic, legal, and political aspects that limit Apple Inc.'s free activity.
- A Corporate Marketing PerspectiveThe paper's aim is identifying a marketing strategy for a clothing store and discussing about corporate marketing perspective.
- General Motors Firm's Internal Factor EvaluationThe Internal Factor Evaluation matrix is a business management tool applied when evaluating a company's internal environment. The paper discusses the IFE matrix for General Motors.
- Louis Vuitton Company’s History and Cultural ConceptsThis paper will discuss the Louis Vuitton fashion brand, and its history and consider cultural and intercultural, and individual and collective concepts.
- Unilever UK Firm's Innovativeness and CreativityThe importance of innovation has increased to a level that needs intensive investment, making the Unilever organisation note the need for a different way to initiate creativity.
🎓 Simple Research Paper Examples with Brand Strategy
- E.& J. Gallo Winery Case StudyThe value proposition of E&J. Gallo Winery is associated with the offering of more than a hundred unique wine brands to address the different needs and expectations
- Global Marketing: KFC’s Fried Chicken in the U.S. and UKThe product under analysis is KFC’s Fried Chicken. Although the product has been criticized for its unhealthy nature, it remains one of the most frequently purchased brands.
- The Concept of the Franchising SystemThis paper evaluates the concept of the franchising system and gives out an example of an organization with this approach while also highlighting its merits and demerits.
- Business Ethics During CompetitionEach firm should be responsible for its products and admit to acting ethically irresponsible when products in the market cause harm to society.
- Stella McCartney Fashion Brand's SustainabilityThe company chosen for this assessment is Stella McCartney, which focuses on the production of luxury contemporary clothing and accessories for a wide range of customers.
- Analysis of Guinness Marketing StrategyThe main goal for the Guinness marketing team enshrined the incorporation of a common brand identity distinct from the dynamic platforms in Asia, Africa, and the UK.
- McDonald’s Technology Innovation ManagementFor many decades McDonald’s has been one of the most successful fast-food restaurant chains in the world. But in 2012, McDonald’s took only the thirtieth place in the stock.
- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia's Strategic AlternativesMarta Stewart Living Omnimedia is a large corporation specializing in the segments of publishing, broadcasting, merchandise, and e-commerce for nearly three decades.
- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Firm's Strategic ProfileMartha Stewart Living Omnimedia does not have a significant online presence. It remains in an uncertain business state and requires strategic alternatives.
- Strategic Management Project: The Corona Beer BrandThis work is a strategic management project containing an assessment of the current strategic management process conducted for the Corona Beer Industry.
- Almarai Company's Alternative Solutions and RecommendationsEven though it faces various challenges that affect its success, Almarai Company can develop multiple measures to overcome the challenges discussed.
- Apple Company's Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, ThreatsThis paper presents the SWOT analysis of Apple Company through the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- How Does Social Media Marketing Affect the Economic SuccessSocial marketing is one of the modern and effective strategies resting on the growing population of social networks and the spread of the Internet.
- Black-and-Decker Company: MarketingThe UAE market is certainly different from most of the markets of Black and Decker such as United States and UK that are some of the most predominant markets of Black and Decker.
- The Most Efficient Managerial CommunicationsManaging Communication is an integral part of company processes as interaction is in charge of team forming, informing, guiding, and promotion.
- Unilever's Management of Foods & Refreshment DivisionUnilever should continue focusing on sustainability as a unique strategic value to create brand relevance and penetration, increasing switching costs.
- Nike Company: SWOT AnalysisThis essay will attempt a SWOT analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the Nike company, as well as its opportunities and risks.
- Marketing Pitch of Gopro CompanyGoPro still has a long way to go in terms of promoting its brand recognition. This could be achieved through a greater emphasis on UGC.
- Supply Chain Operation: NikeFrom the perspective of globalization, Nike’s development principles have allowed it to strengthen the brand value and make it globally recognizable.
- Discussion of Under Armour CompanyThe consistent and regular exposure to the brand Under Armour enables an attitude change in the eyes of potential consumers.
- The Animal Foodland Organization: Branding StrategyThis paper will focus heavily on the marketing and branding strategy of the Animal Foodland organization in its region of operation.
- Analysis of Sincero Sportswear’s Options to Strategic GrowthThis report examines such options as entering the Singapore market, and exclusive celebrity-endorsed lines and determines the most beneficial growth strategy.
- Marketing and Corporate StrategiesIt is essential to emphasize that marketing strategy is a vital component of any business interested in increasing sales and profits.
- Analysis of Starbucks’s Entry in Chinese MarketThe entry of Starbucks into the Chinese market illustrates the capitalization on the importance of products and services that the company offers.
- Ford Motor Company: Company InformationAccording to Auto Punditz (2021), Ford managed to sell 4,19 million vehicles worldwide, which is the eighth result in the overall chart.
- Problems Rochat & Schmid Face in China and Their SolutionThe proposed case revolves around the current problems Rochat & Schmid face in China as sales fail to meet the expected level.
- Multinationals' International Strategic PlanningEach company should adopt the integrating model with a global outreach. Companies like The Walt Disney, Coca-Cola, and Nike, Inc dictate the international market.
- Kerrygold Butter: Commercial Success and EffectivenessThis paper aims to present research on selling platforms utilized by Kerrygold and an analysis of its commercial success through the adoption of modern selling aspects.
- Internationalization: The Case of AsanaThe paper discusses Asana. It is a company that develops project management software and helps different organizations track and shape their work.