- 🔝 Top-10 Supply Chain Strategy Examples
- 📍 What Is a Supply Chain Strategy?
- 📊 Supply Chain Analysis: the 5 Parts of SCM
- 🏅 3 Efficient Supply Chain Strategy Examples
- 📝 Supply Chain Strategy Research Paper Examples
- 💡 Essay Ideas on Supply Chain Strategyy
- 👍 Good Supply Chain Strategy Essay Examples to Write about
- 🎓 Simple Research Paper Examples with Supply Chain Strategy
Referring to all the procedures that convert raw materials into finished goods and services, supply chain management is a crucial part of any business. If you need to conduct a supply chain analysis, you’re in the right place. Learn all the essential information on the topic and get inspired by the collection of supply chain strategy essay samples that we’ve prepared.
🔝 Top-10 Supply Chain Strategy Examples
- Total Quality Management in Supply Chain
- Etihad Airways Company’ Supply Chains and Logistics
- Jet Company’s Supply Chain Strategy
- Strategic' Supply Chain Competition
- IPhone 5: Operation Management and Supply Chain
- Design of Catering Supply Chain
- Starbucks Coffee Shop's Operations and Service Excellence
- Performance of Sustainable Hotel Supply Chain
- Coca Cola Company: Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Pete's Peanut Snacks Company' Supply Chain Management
📍 What Is a Supply Chain Strategy?
Supply chain management refers to all procedures that convert raw materials into finished commodities. In other words, it is the management of the movement of goods and services. A company can cut costs and make product delivery more efficient by choosing the right supply chain strategy.
Why Is Supply Chain Strategy Important?
Supply chain management is crucial for businesses with extensive and global operations because it gives them the best avenue to increase their profit margins. Essentially, it gives business managers control over more variables which can increase customer satisfaction by preventing expensive shortages or times when inventory is overstocked.
How Does the Supply Chain Strategy Support the Business Strategy?
A supply chain strategy promotes business strategy as it helps a company to move faster, deliver more value, and be more flexible as the situation demands. It also gives the business a unique image as they vie for the attention of customers in a saturated environment.
How to Create a Supply Chain Strategy?
Supply chain management can be created if five comprehensive steps.
- Developing a plan,
- Locating raw materials,
- Commencing production,
- Distributing the products,
- Analyzing the returns.
📊 Supply Chain Analysis: the 5 Parts of SCM
The 5 main parts of supply chain management process are:
|Planning||SCM often starts with planning to align supply with customer and manufacturing demands for maximum results. The raw materials required at each stage of manufacturing, the capability, and constraints of the equipment must be anticipated in time. ERP system components are frequently used by large organizations to gather data and create plans.|
|Sourcing||Working with vendors to procure the raw materials required for the manufacturing process is referred to as sourcing. SCM sourcing often entails making certain that: |
|Processing||Here, the business creates something new out of raw resources by utilizing tools, labor, or other factors. The end objective of the production process is this finished product.Sub-processes within the production process, include assembling, testing, inspection, or packaging.|
|Delivery||A business must put its goods in the hands of its customers after manufacturing and closing sales. To guarantee quick and secure product delivery, a corporation needs to have strong logistical capabilities and distribution networks.|
|Returns||This is a channel for returning a delivered item if there are concerns. Many people view customer returns as communication between the client and the business. However, inter-company communication identifies faulty or expired goods via different or varying client feedback.|
🏅 3 Efficient Supply Chain Strategy Examples
The below list of companies with an efficient supply chain strategy includes Unilever, Amazon, and Coca-Cola.
Unilever provides a wide range of items, including food, cleaning supplies, cosmetics, and more. They manage several supply chains by focusing a five-year strategy on supply chain management restructuring and hiring a variety of supply chain specialists.
To help Coca-Cola target its attractiveness and marketing, each market group is divided into smaller ones. To maximize efficiency, 95% of company’s beverages are produced in the nation in which they are consumed.
With over 10 million unique products, Amazon‘s supply chain framework uses the least amount of inventory while yet delivering orders at a breakneck pace. Deliveries made possible by Amazon Prime can reach customers in less than two hours.
Other examples of companies with great supply chain strategies are:
With that, we can check more examples of supply chain strategy essays in subsequent reads.
📝 Supply Chain Strategy Research Paper Examples
- The Coca-Cola Supply Chain & Operations ManagementThe Coca-Cola drink has a rich history and is currently considered the most popular and top-selling soft drink in the world because of its taste and recognizable brand affiliation.
- Walmart China Supply Chain EvaluationAnalyzing Walmart China supply chain? ⛓️ In this article, you will find how Walmart successfully entered the Chinese market. 📈 Figure out which Walmart China supply chain transformations led to expanding its market share. 👍
- Enterprise Resource Planning for Supply ChainSupply Chain Management (SCM) is the initial stage of ensuring that a firm produces quality products at the lowest cost possible.
- McDonald’s Supply Chain Management & SourcingHow to describe McDonald’s’ supply chain management strategy? 🍟 This case study discusses McDonald’s sourcing and examines its supply chain and other issues. 💵 In the end, you’ll find recommendations for facilitating the company's future growth. 📈
- British Airways' Logistics and Operations ManagementThis essay provides a critical analysis of how British Airways has used technology in different areas of its operation towards achieving its goals.
- Apple Company's Poor Inventory Management IssuesSince Apple Company operates internationally, it at times experiences challenges related to the supply of products, which emanates from poor inventory management.
- Ginger Hotels: Logistics and Supply Chain ManagementGinger hotels are subsidiaries of The Indian Hotels Company Limited. It has a well-planned establishment chain of hotels that target the middle-class in the Indian market.
- Effective Supply Chain Practices for Computer and Phone Repair ShopThe purpose of the given study is to identify effective supply chain practices, which can be integrated in phone and computer repair shop business
- Strategic Supply Chain ManagementThis paper seeks to discuss strategic supply chain management. The paper will carry out a review of supply chain management strategies with respect to globally operating organizations.
- Supply Chain Management: Collaboration and LogisticsThe significance of creating strong cooperation with partners to build a well-developed and productive supply chain is doubtless.
- Supply Chain Risks and InterdependenciesSupply chain risks and interdependencies are the issues that should be considered by a manager to provide the efficient functioning of a chain.
- Lean and Agile Supply Chain Operations ManagementSupply chain can be tailored to the needs of the business, thus making the production more efficient and assisting in addressing specific issues.
- How Can Apple Improve Its Supply Chain?Researching how can Apple improve its supply chain? 🍎 This essay provides an excellent Apple supply chain analysis. ⚙️ Read it attentively to learn how Apple moves its products and services from the suppliers to the consumers. 📱
- Supply Chain Strategy: Development and ExecutionThe supply chain strategy focuses on motivating down the operational costs and assists in maximizing of business efficiencies. It enhances competitive advantage and profitability.
- Strategic Supply Chain Management: Evaluation and PerformanceThis paper analyses a number of strategic supply chain management strategies available to globally operating organizations and the role of information technology.
- Apple Inc.'s Marketing Planning and StrategyThe research will be based on Apple Inc. and focus on analysing various strategies that can help a firm succeed in the market and how the implementation should be conducted.
- Nissan: Supply Chain StrategiesIn this paper, Nissan’s competitive advantage, operations, techniques and theories, supply chain strategies, and sustainability will be examined.
- Supply Chain Management as a Business ControversyEfficient supply chain management promotes positive alterations in companies’ functioning by suggesting methods to build a competitive infrastructure and attain sustainability.
- Supply Chain and Operations ManagementEcosystems represent a paradigm shift in business. It's a new form of organization in which organizational networks combine to deliver services and products in new innovative ways.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management OperationsLogistics tends to occupy the demand side of any business. With the prominence placed upon the speed of response and advantages that accrue in keeping pace with demand.
- Forecasting Role in a Supply ChainSupply chain management has become the need of many organizations looking for a way to meet the hostile challenges of today’s business environment.
- SIEMENS Company Operational and Logistical StrategiesThis paper will facilitate Siemens to understand and plan how the customer-company relationship can be improved in the future and further attain the mission.
- Outsourcing Benefits in Supply Chain ManagementStrategic supply chain outsourcing is the process of hiring the services of an external agent to properly manage and control the supply chain of a company.
- Supply Chain Features in VideosThe video “Supply Chain: 3 Key Things to Know” opens by listing the three items a chief executive officer needs to know about the supply chain.
- Wal-Mart Company’s Supply Chain ManagementWal-Mart's competent organization of the supply chain management system is a useful measure to increase the profit of the company and make the whole business process as perfect as possible.
- GlaxoSmithKline Company's Supply Chain ProcessesPharmaceutical companies such as GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) are involved in managing sophisticated supply chains that pose a huge challenge in their effective management.
- Future of Data Science in Supply ChainsSupply chain management and logistics benefits significantly from data science as multiple points of shipments, transfer, routing, and delivery can be processed and optimized.
💡 Essay Ideas on Supply Chain Strategy
- Supply Chain Management Process DefinitionSupply chain management can be defined as the systematic, tactical coordination of the traditional business purposes and the way around this business functions within a particular company.
- Solve Problem of Logistic and Supply Chain ManagementThe significance of the study is the re-evaluation of approaches to effective supply chain management, including devices and system platforms for information transmission.
- Dong-In Entech Company's Supply Chain in PhilippinesThis paper is a case study analysis of Dong-In Company, which manufactures outdoor gears and equipment. This paper evaluates possible strategic options for the company's dominance.
- Supply Chain Strategy of ManufacturersSupply chain strategy is the one responsible for business success as without it, there cannot be a supply chain or supply chain management.
- Global Supply Chain Management and FrameworksSupply chain management was developed with the aim of demonstrating the importance of integrating key firm processes.
- Sage Costuming Business's Operation StrategyMy operations strategy for Sage Costuming will mainly focus on its entry in to the market, how to raise its capital, establishing useful contacts within the industry.
- Wal-Mart's Supply Chain and Merchandise Turn IssueThis document talks about the history of the company and its competitive priorities, which are mainly based on the implementation of data analysis of IT advertising.
- Wal-Mart Stores' Transportation and Supply Chain ManagementTransportation management plays a significant role in Wal-Mart. The chain store is unique and has remained focused on the retail industry despite its massive growth over the years.
- Supply Chain Management and CollaborationIn the current global environment, there is a growing concern over shocks being experienced in established supply chains in every industry.
- Enterprise Resource Planning in Supply Chain ManagementMany large companies are using enterprise resource planning to ensure that there is close interdepartmental and intradepartmental communication to enhance smooth operations.
- OPEC and Non-OPEC Crude Oil Supplies With OECD and Non-OECDDiscussion of the change in the structure of the oil industry in the context of balance between OPEC and non-OPEC crude oil supplies with OECD and non-OECD demand.
- Nortel Networks Corporation's Supply ChainThe case of Nortel Corporation vividly portrays that an effective supply chain is based on a unique combination of resources, transpiration facilities, and location.
- Zara Company's Fashion StrategyThe main point in the case of Zara is how it affects the customers and how it maintains the value for the customers since it does not pursue a product until the growth stage.
- Dell’s Supply Chain StructureDell’s competitive advantage is its supply chain and it cannot afford to lose it. Dell also needs to invest in R&D towards products and improving productivity of supply chain.
- Future for Purchasing: Collaborative and ElectronicGlobalization has opened new avenues for global integration of functions like operations, logistics, procurement, and marketing in the upstream part of the supply chain.
- Procurment Management in Automotive IndustryThe case of supply chain and logistics allows to say that the organizations within this industry adopt a systems orientation to plant location.
- Primark Stores Limited’s Supply Chain ManagementThe discussion involves an analysis of the role of supply chain management in the fashion retail sector. The analysis entails Primark Stores Limited as an example.
- Managing Change and Innovation in SMENewer process generation, implementation and evaluation are integrated part of organisational innovativeness in terms of operation and management.
- KOLO: Inquiry Project of a Global CompanyThe aim of the paper is to apply reflective practice and inquiry methods to the problem of procurement management.
- Cadbury and Coca-Cola Supply Chain ManagementCadbury and Coca Cola were at odds with supply chain management and supply chain strategy, which did not prevent them from integrating their supply chain management strategies.
- HP Company: DeskJet Printer Supply ChainThe supply chain for the DeskJet is composed of the manufacturing site, network suppliers, the center of distribution or the D.C.S., the dealers as well as the customers.
- Supply Chain Management: Key FactorsThe contemporary business environment has become so competitive that business enterprises have been forced to device new strategies in a bid to ensure their success in the market.
- Expensive Plant and Machinery: Phenomenon of a Supply ChainThis paper describes how a supply chain may be made sustainable to ensure the continuous supply of parts, components and subassemblies for maintenance of expensive plant and machinery.
- Global Supply Chain and Business IssuesThis paper will discuss the issues that face organizations or firms that have extended their operations beyond the national level.
- Dannon Company Inc.: International Marketing MixThis paper provides a deep insight into Dannon Company Inc and reviews ways via which it has applied its international marketing mix strategy to support its international market operations.
- The Design of the Possible Coca-Cola Supply ChainOriginally, the supply chain for the Coca-Cola Company entails numerous suppliers and a broad network of dealers and consumers.
- Sony PlayStation Gaming Company's Value Chain AnalysisThis paper aims at conducting a value chain analysis on Sony PlayStation Gaming Company. Some of the marketing activities include advertisement and sales promotion.
👍 Good Supply Chain Strategy Essay Examples to Write about
- The Marketing of Coca-Cola Company SupplyThe Coca-Cola Company is the largest multinational corporations majoring in the production of soft drinks needs to address the management of its supply to enhance its prosperity.
- Sector Matrix Framework for Demand and Supply AnalysisOne problem identifiable with the chain models is their linear nature, which is limited by the linear chain and industry centred business model.
- The Definition of the Supply Chain StrategyThe objective of this report - to give a concrete definition in relation to supply chain strategy. A supply chain is one of the elements that can contribute to attaining the set objectives
- Wal-Mart Incorporation's Low-Price AttractionThe proposal determines the actions that Wal-Mart's management team should take to ensure effectiveness in its low pricing (spent-less) strategy.
- Autoparts Distributors Ltd.: Improvement StrategiesThis paper focuses on the supply and distribution chain of Autoparts Distributors Limited; especially on how it can improve distribution strategies to increase its effectiveness.
- Corporate Strategic Audit of Turkcell CompanyThe company is the largest in Turkey in the field of mobile and optical infrastructure. It is listed on both the Turkey Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange.
- Business Environment Appraisal: Commercial IntegrityIt is pertinent that a careful and thorough analysis of the environment is carried out to understand the factors that affect a business's success and failure in its current setup.
- Supply Chain: Maximize, Manufacture, and MarketTo avoid additional and unnecessary costs and with the help of emerging technologies, firms strive harder towards quality assurance, control, and management.
- Samsung Electronics: Supply Chain StrategySamsung Electronics’ long-term strategy should focus on building resilience and agility within the company’s supply chain management structure.
- Supply Chain Performance Management: Role and ImportanceA supply chain (SC) is an essential element of any company’s operations, which suggests that an SC must be sustained and upgraded regularly.
- Supply Chain Management for We Are the Best CompanyThe paper discusses 3D printing, which is a digital technology used in most modern businesses. It would help the company cut certain manufacturing costs.
- Technology Management as a Dynamic CapabilityThe process of managing resources faces a number of risks where critical decisions must be made to achieve the goals.
- Amazon.com Firm's Supply Chain ManagementAmazon's integrative approach and continuous adherence to advance strategies within the supply chain have enabled its leading position among its competitors.
- Tesla’s Supply Chain ManagementTesla remains one of the leaders in the industry of electric vehicles, but it should constantly evolve and develop innovative strategies to retain this status.
- Trends Impacting Today's Supply Chain Network and ManagementEven though the change process may be challenging, businesses must consider addressing issues that may arise in the future.
- Ride-Hailing Services Market AnalysisRide-hailing refers to the process of the customer 'hailing' or hiring a driver to pick them up and take them to an exact location.
- American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities' InfrastructureThis paper aims to analyze the American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities (ALSAC) infrastructure and IS architecture requirements.
- Use of ERP Systems in the Hershey CompanyThe essay discusses different types of ERP systems, analyzes relationships within them, and recommends which ERP system could be used by the Hershey Company.
- Economic Characteristics of StarbucksStarbucks is the largest coffee-selling company in the United States, and the economic characteristics of Starbucks coffee indicate the stability of the company.
- Barcelona WD Group Company ManagementBarcelona Wire Drawing (WD) Company was established in 1960 by a businessman known as David Ortega. The company began its operations in Barcelona.
- The Product Supply Chain MAP for CSR Sugar AustraliaThis paper discusses the major supply chain entities of CSR sugar Australia by their geographic locations and the flow of the product through the supply chain.
- The Coca-Cola Company's Enterprise Resource Planning SystemCoca-Cola sales are driven by solid customer preference choices globally and the strategic setting of retailers.
- Chevron Corporation's Operations Management AnalysisThis review explores how Chevron can leverage OEMS and advanced technology to resolve environmental problems, ensure workers' safety and reduce costs.
- Hewlett Packard: Supply Chain ManagementThis paper examines and describes Hewlett Packard’s supply chain management as an outstanding example for organizations that want to achieve their maximized potential.
- Sewon Maritime Logistics Inc.Sewon Maritime logistics Inc. demonstrated that the organization can offer affordability alongside value. Low prices do not mean that a shipping company offers low quality.
- Demand-Driven Inventory: Optimal Inventory LevelsWhile too much inventory increases costs, its shortage can also lead to a significant loss of sales opportunities. Nestle is a food and beverage company that sells beverages.
- Walmart Company's Supply Chain and Digital TransformationThis paper discusses Walmart’s supply chain profile and strategy towards value creation, challenges, and how digital transformation enhances Walmart’s connectivity and integration.
🎓 Simple Research Paper Examples with Supply Chain Strategy
- Supply Chain Management, Models, and StagesThe paper presents the concept and main purpose of the supply chain. Next, the paper presents the main models of supply chain management.
- Supply Chain Evaluation Walmart ChinaWalmart China has gone to tremendous measures to optimize its supply chain. It regulates how their goods are transported and stored.
- Impact of Information Technology on the Logistics and Transportation IndustryInformation Technology (IT) promotes effective communication and ensures value-enhancing relationships in logistics and transportation
- Quality Management Initiatives to Improve ProductsCross-docking is essential in the receiving process of the warehouse. The receipt section that involves inbound and outbound shipping activities requires cross-docking services.
- Canon's and General Motors' Supply Chain StrategyThis paper aims to compare the Canon and General Motors industries with respect to their supply chain strategies, as well as the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on them.
- Marketing, HR, and Financial Services in Supply Chain ManagementThe paper argues a cohesive and efficient collaboration between marketing, HR team, and financial services is essential to implementing a profitable supply chain within a company.
- Apple's iPhone Supply Chain Mapping and Risk AssessmentThis paper explores Apple iPhone's supply chain management, identifies the three most at-risk countries and reasoning, and provides risk assessment strategies.
- Apple Inc.'s Company and Product AnalysisApple leads the development categories through effective combinations of marketing, product specifications, and competitive pricing.
- The Uber Company’s Work and Its Special FeaturesIn this case study, the features of Uber's work will be examined through the perspective of various economic theories and concepts to determine the reasons for its success.
- The Significance of Carbon Disclosure Project on Supply Chain and Life CycleCarbon disclosures play significant roles for various organizations. Reporting to CDP can help a company to gain a competitive advantage in the market.
- Management: The VRIO Framework, Strategic DriftThis paper aims to describe the VRIO framework, explain “strategic drift”, and analyze Porter’s view on competitive advantage, and the concept of the value chain.
- Walmart: Transportation StrategyWalmart takes its own business niche and contains the key components of success, including price, operating activity, culture, key item promotion, expense, talents, and services.
- Business Management in Crisis SurroundingsThe ability to function in a crisis situation is perhaps the key to the survival of any successful business venture.
- BlueStar Supply Chain Company's Cost ReductionThis paper examines the challenges facing the transportation sector at BlueStar supply chain company and finds solutions to reduce the cost of supplying their products to clients.
- Financial Ratio Analysis and Comparison: The Cases of Merck and PfizerThis paper focuses on the current ratio, days in accounts receivable, operating margin, and return on assets of Merck and Pfizer enterprises, comparing their financial patterns.
- Business Plan: Integrated FarmingThe paper states that the Generaalsdraai farm will be a reliable and trustworthy supplier of tilapia, garlic supplements, and seasoning.
- Nokia’s Supply Chain ManagementThe presented project is devoted to the in-depth analysis of Nokia’s supply chain as an example of technologies’ integration, optimization, and sustainability management.
- Strategic Purchasing and Supply Chain ManagementIn this paper, the sustainability and conditions for the formation of reliable supply chain management are examined on the example of the delivery of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Hunt Company's Outsourcing Decision AnalysisThe source of the concerns of the Hunt company’s case study is a decision by the company to change its manufacturing procedures by outsourcing them to ensure cheaper production.
- Supply Chain Risk Management ReportOver the last few years, the growth of the supply network has revealed a good impact by connecting people all over the world.
- AAR Corporation's Social Responsibility StrategyThe AAR's corporate social responsibility strategy focuses on the following areas: veterans, active military and their families, education, health, and diversity.
- Wal-Mart: Inventory and Warehouse ManagementWal-Mart is unquestionably a dominant retailer, with 6,300 stores and 11,700 associated retail units spanning 28 countries.
- Selling Eggs on Wholesale: A Business PlanThe business that I will venture into to earn profit will be selling eggs on wholesale. The business will be profitable because its main source of revenue is from my capital.
- BYD Company's External Environment AnalysisBYD Company operates by manufacturing high-quality batteries necessary for the running of automobiles in the electrical, industrial railways corporations, etc.
- International Shipping and Receiving Operations of McDonald’sMcDonald's is a well-known global fast-food chain that has become incredibly popular due to its affordable and, at the same time, high-quality hamburgers.
- Purchasing and Supply ManagementThe research paper focuses on the importance of purchasing and supply management and how this relates to selecting a qualified supplier.