|Company overview||The world’s largest company by revenue and the largest retailer in the world.|
|Best known for||Low prices at 10,500 stores and on its e-commerce sites,|
|Origins||On July 2, 1962, Sam Walton opens the first Walmart store in Rogers, Arkansas.|
|Headquarters||Bentonville, Arkansas, U.S|
|Key people||Greg Penner (Chairman), Doug McMillon (President, CEO)|
|Revenue||More than $550 billion|
|Number of employees||Over 2 million|
|Business divisions||Walmart U.S., Walmart International, Sam’s Club, Global eCommerce|
|Scandals & incidents||Walmart has agreed to pay $282 million to settle a seven-year bribery investigation by the U.S. government concerning payments that were made to officials of Mexico and China.|
|It is interesting that||In 1987, Walmart successfully completed their $24 million-dollar private satellite network.|
📝 Walmart Research Papers Examples
- International Management in Business GlobalisationGlobalisation of industries has become one of the fundamental issues that have marked significant business transformations in the current days.
- The Wal-Mart Supermarket' Mission and VisionThe mission of the Wal-Mart is to be a superstore with quality products and services that saves money to customers.
- Organizational Team Model: Wal-Mart Company' CaseThis paper intends to provide a detailed organizational team model of Wal-Mart, including the effects of mergers with other companies and characteristics of different team members.
- Walmart Marketing Strategy – a Case Study & ExamplesHow to describe Walmart marketing strategy? 🏪 The new Walmart marketing plan will promote efficiency in the firm and improve customer satisfaction. 💸 Read this Walmart marketing case study to answer all the questions. 📰
- Walmart’s Ethical Issues and DiscriminationWhat are the ethical issues of Walmart? Walmart has faced ethical issues and criticism ❌ from the public and employees. The greatest complaint comes from its competitors who blame the company for the predatory activities.
- Wal-Mart Is Good for the Economy: Reich & SemmensThe controversy, surrounding Wal-Mart’s business practices, has remained the subject of the public’s attention for quite some time.
- "Wal-Mart's $288 Billion Meeting" Article by SchlenderThe article "Wal-Mart's $288 Billion Meeting" by Schlender provides an analysis of the key characteristics that have made Wal-Mart the success that it is.
- Walmart Company Change ManagementAn analysis of the Walmart's operations shows that it has integrated the elements of the congruence model in processing environmental inputs into critical outputs.
- Wal-Mart's Retail Strategy Plan in CanadaThis analysis shows clearly that Wal-Mart Canada has evolved steadily to become the leading retailer in the country.
- Walmart's Business Strategies and AlternativesWalmart is one of the oldest and most successful retail companies in the whole world. This work aims at analyzing and evaluating the possibilities of Walmart.
- Walmart Company's Strategic GoalsThe report will focus on the strategy and the strategic goals set by Walmart Stores Inc. as well as on the ways the company implements the strategy for achieving the goal.
- Walmart and Apple Companies: Non-Financial RewardsA reward system is an official or informal program that organizations utilize in recognizing the achievements of workers, including successful completion of corporation’s aims.
- Wal-Mart's Recruitment and Retention ProgramThe Wal-Mart organization has faced a myriad of challenges in its human resource management approaches that have put it in a negative light.
- Wal-Mart's Human Resource Management ChallengesThe paper discusses the core values of human resource management at the Wal-Mart company: talent management, workplace diversity, and inclusion.
- Walmart Supply Chain Management & Technologies UseResearching Walmart supply chain management? ⛓️ Technologies play a significant role in improving Walmart supply chain system. 🤖 Read this analysis to learn more about different application platforms Walmart uses to link suppliers with customers. ✅
- Walmart Company's Marketing AnalyticsIn this paper, the researcher will analyze marketing strategies used by Wal-Mart and determine the level to which it applies marketing analytics with the view of making recommendations.
- Wal-Mart Corporation's Intercultural Management StrategyThis paper analyzes Wal-Mart corporation's way of doing business and managing different organizational cultures in different economies.
- Retail Business Analysis: Wal-Mart StoresThe paper has taken into account a real business by conducting a study on Wal-Mart Stores Incorporation which operates in the United States.
- Walmart Company's Global Strategy and International BusinessThis paper presents the analysis of the global strategy and international business with respect to Wal-Mart. The paper provides a detailed analysis of Wal-Mart and looks at some approaches.
- Walmart Company's Human Resource Management PracticesThis study explores Wal-Mart’s human resource department. It identifies physical, human, and financial resources and human resources planning approaches.
- Wal-Mart’s Human Resource Strategy and PlanHuman resource management is a function that is designed to maximize employee contribution to an organization.
- Walmart China Supply Chain EvaluationAnalyzing Walmart China supply chain? ⛓️ In this article, you will find how Walmart successfully entered the Chinese market. 📈 Figure out which Walmart China supply chain transformations led to expanding its market share. 👍
- Wal-Mart's Competitive and Strategic AnalysisWal-Mart, which is one of the leading retail corporations in the world, endeavors to succeed in the global retail industry.
🎓 Simple Research Topics about Walmart
- Wal-Mart's Competitive and Strategic AnalysisWal-Mart, which is one of the leading retail corporations in the world, endeavors to succeed in the global retail industry.
- Walmart Company's Human Resource StrategiesWal-Mart faces a lot of challenges in sustaining its employees, in spite of attaining high performance. It has instituted human resource strategies to address the challenges.
- Wal-Mart Stores' Strategic ManagementThe article analyses the mission statements, objectives, and values of Wal-Mart, the supermarket store. It suggests the best strategic management practices.
- Wal-Mart Company's Strategic Position and MarketingSince Wal-Mart's steep expansion began to falter in the mid-2000s, the company's managers started to look at the various opportunities and threats to be addressed.
- Wal-Mart's Low-Cost Provider StrategyWal-Mart employs a low-cost provider strategy that allows the company to sell the lowest priced products and make it the number one business organization in the world.
- Walmart Corporation's Strategic PlanningThis paper describes the situation of Walmart in remote, industry, and operating environments with the intention of creating a strategic plan that mirrors its growth.
- Wal-Mart Company's Operations ManagementThis paper focuses on the issue of empty shelves that has recently faced the operations management function at Wal-Mart, its underlying causes, and possible solutions.
- Wal-Mart's and Tesco's Monopolies in Retail IndustryThe examples of Wal-Mart and Tesco show that both companies occupy a real monopolistic position in the retail industry and prevent fair competition between small companies.
- Walmart Business-Level Strategy & Corporate-Level StrategyWhat is Walmart’s corporate-level strategy? 📈 This paper presents an analysis of Walmart business-level and corporate-level strategy. 📌 It also discusses the Walmart business strategy effectiveness and competitive advantages. 🔑
- Wal-Mart and Environmental PressuresWal-Mart, as one of the world's biggest retailer, has to pay a lot of attention to its reputation as it often becomes a target for loads of environmentalist groups.
- Wal-Mart After Entry into the Chinese MarketWal-Mart retail was established more than four decades ago. The retail stores began expanding its operations in international markets way back in 1992.
- Wal-Mart: Issues in ManagementIn this essay, the causes and consequences of Wal-Mart's negative experience and the lessons that could help the company to succeed in other international markets, will be analyzed
- Walmart Company's Transportation and Supply Chain ManagementThe Wal-Mart company’s great success is highly attributed to its efficient supply chain management system and continuous innovation and adoption of technology.
- Wal-Mart Company’s Supply Chain ManagementWal-Mart's competent organization of the supply chain management system is a useful measure to increase the profit of the company and make the whole business process as perfect as possible.
- Wal-Mart's Supply Chain and Merchandise Turn IssueThis document talks about the history of the company and its competitive priorities, which are mainly based on the implementation of data analysis of IT advertising.
- Wal-Mart Stores' Transportation and Supply Chain ManagementTransportation management plays a significant role in Wal-Mart. The chain store is unique and has remained focused on the retail industry despite its massive growth over the years.
- Walmart Company's Organizational CultureEnsuring that the Walmart organization is running smoothly can be the managers and the leader's strategy of ensuring that there is a healthy organizational culture.
- Wal-Mart: Marketing Mix PaperThe world today has become very competitive such that management of organization has been advised to produce quality goods that can meet the needs and wants of the consumers.
- The Lean Methods Application by Walmart CompanyThis paper analyzes the Walmart’s use of lean methods in its business processes and transactions that give the company a competitive edge in terms of reduced lead-time.
- Wal-Mart’s Global SuccessThe success of the company is based on its business practices and approaches that favor the customers and promote efficiency and cooperation.
- Walmart Company's Global Leadership StrategiesWalmart has applied effective leadership theory in its day-to-day operations, which has seen great changes in its current new markets.
- Wal-Mart: Strategic ManagementThe paper will analyze and evaluate Wal-Mart stores in America, internal and external factors that influence the corporation.
- Examining the Operations of Wal-MartThe discussion of paper focus on the current industry in which names of different competitors or rivals of Wal-Mart are mentioned and company’s current status.
- A Case Study of Wal-Mart Stores Inc.“Wal-Mart”, is a triumphant organization in conjunction with business growth in United States, and there is a meticulous discussion about it all through out.
💡 Essay Ideas on Walmart
- Wal-Mart Company's Impact on StakeholdersOnly the customers benefited greatly from the presence of Wal-Mart stores. In the 21st century, shareholders are not happy with the current performance of the company.
- Wal-Mart: Company Analysis and Strategy RecommendationThe major competitors of Wal-Mart include Costco Wholesale Corporation and Target Corporation. During the 2008 financial year, stiff competition came from Target Corporation.
- Wal-Mart's Business Strategy in the Real MarketBusiness strategy has been important to the area of business studies for many decades. It is important to explain business with the basic concepts of strategy and its applications.
- Wal-Mart Strategic Audit: Origins, Objectives and StrategiesCurrently, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. displays the signs of recovery from the crisis caused to the bulk of business companies worldwide by the economic recession and financial downturn.
- Business Ethics: Is Wal-Mart Good or Bad?The method taken by Wal-Mart can always be stated as a non-ethical company and it has obligation to raise the payment in favour of the workers among other issues.
- Wal-Mart: Their Strategy to GlobalizationWal-Mart’s success in global market is explained by a number o factors including effective marketing strategies, customer loyalty and huge financial investments.
- Wal-Mart: Analysis of Company’s Success in the International MarketThis paper seeks to answer questions: How Wal-Mart continued its extraordinary growth. Did Asia and Europe offer Wal-Mart real opportunities for international market dominance?
- Wal-Mart: Organizational Behavior ConceptsWal-Mart is one of the most successful chain stores in the world. We will be locking at the organizational concepts employed by organization and how they are applied to enhance growth.
- Wal-Mart: Strategic ManagementThis paper seeks to look into Wal-Mart's planned expansion, the challenges it is likely to face, and the opportunities presented by the Asian and European markets.
- The Company Wal-Mart: OverviewWal-Mart is the largest employer in the USA. The company is also a leader in the grocery stores industry and ranks third in the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Wal-Mart Retail Enterprise: History and GrowthWal-Mart is the largest retail enterprise in the world. Wal-Mart functions across the world and is known for its cheap products.
- Wal-Mart: Entrance of a Large Scale Discount StoreEntry of large supermarket chains has been generating a lot of debate on the fate of small scale retailers or mom and pop stores since the nineteen fifties.
- Success of Wal-MartThe success of this company can be explained through its visionary founder Sam Walton's passion for serving others as well as his business credo: Everyday Low Prices.
- Wal-Mart: Limitations to Company’s GrowthFactors that could limit the growth are language barriers, social customs and traditions, financial and political stability of the country, and unionization of the labor force.
- Brand Development Strategies of Wal-Mart and TescoThis paper critically analyzes the theories behind Wal-Mart’s successful brand-building strategies in relation to its global competitor, Tesco.
- Walmart Inc: Marketing Research for Consumer PerceptionMarketing research is a vital study to understand a firm’s marketing procedures and strategies and it should be done essentially to understand the marketing research process.
- Wal-Mart: Marketing Services AnalysisThis paper will discuss the phenomenon of Wal-Mart that has managed to develop a strong and vibrant physical environment, proper service provision process supported by technology.
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.: Company AnalysisA United States' public corporation that operates a series of supermarket stores globally. Founded in 1962 by Sam Walton, Wal-Mart is the largest full-line discount in the world.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s 2008 Annual Report AnalysisThe objective of this paper is to analyze the annual report of Wal-Mart Stores for the year 2008. This will be done to determine the company’s financial health.
- Wal-Mart Incorporation's Low-Price AttractionThe proposal determines the actions that Wal-Mart's management team should take to ensure effectiveness in its low pricing (spent-less) strategy.
- Management of HRM on the Example of Wal-MartThe report covers issues in HRM that Wal-Mart undertakes that should be emulated by other organizations for their success.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Wal-Mart and MorrisonsThis assignment evaluates how Wal-Mart will merge or acquire Morrison’s as expanding its operations to the UK, Europe, Far East, and the Gulf States.
- The Problem of Monopolization and Wal-MartWal-Mart is the company that successfully solved the problem of retail prices monopolization in small towns, and greatly improved the situation in numerous cities of the world
- Use of Business Information Systems at Wal-Mart StoresSystems development process for Wal-Mart stores is treated as a cooperate affair; affiliate and new acquisitions into the company are operated on a standard system.
👍 Good Walmart Essay Topics to Write about
- Wal-mart: Company Background, History and StrategiesThe success of the company lies behind the ability of its management team to come up with different priorities aimed at enhancing its services and customer satisfaction.
- Business Environment Appraisal: Commercial IntegrityIt is pertinent that a careful and thorough analysis of the environment is carried out to understand the factors that affect a business's success and failure in its current setup.
- Examples of Right and Wrong Decisions in MarketingDiscussion about how marketing is defined in terms of satisfying customers' needs and wants on examples of companies.Examples of right and wrong decisions in marketing.
- Walmart Supply Chain ManagementThis Walmart research aims to examine a global retailer Walmart and evaluate the SCM practices it applies to deliver products to its stores.
- Walmart: Financial Management RatioThis report will focus on the current ratio, debt-equity ratio, profit margin, inventory turnover, and dividend yield of Walmart.
- Walmart Great Value Line AnalysisThe article is devoted to assessing the current position of the Walmart Great Value Line brand in the market and developing a marketing plan to solve existing problems.
- Digital Transformation of WalmartWalmart failed to engage with their potential consumers online strategically, and used a more traditional approach to enter, for instance, the Asia Pacific market.
- Apple, Walmart, and The Kroger ComparisonComparative analysis of Apple, Inc., Walmart, Inc., and The Kroger Company: examines the structure, objectives, and approach to competition.
- Walmart Great Value Line SOSTAC AnalysisThe purpose of this paper is to analyze the Great Value line using the SOSTAC (Situation, Objectives, Strategy, Tactics, Action, Control) framework.
- Walmart: Commercials’ Role in Affirming a Significant BrandAn analysis of the two advertisements provided in the paper will facilitate an understanding of the commercials' role in affirming Walmart's position as a significant brand.
- How to Increase Motivation Within WalmartResearch studies have shown that motivated workers are committed to the achievement of organizational goals, exhibit high productivity, are more creative, readily embrace change.
- Walmart Supply Chain Case StudyThis case study highlights the challenges faced by Walmart from a digital competitiveness point of view where efforts to compete with Amazon are failing.
- Walmart Ltd Financial AnalysisThe article presents financial statements with full compliance with GAAP and other accounting principles and gives the true picture of the company Walmart.
- Business Process Outsourcing in WalmartWalmart is an international corporation that has established itself in the global market. This report addresses issues relating to outsourcing in Walmart and gives recommendations
- Walmart Company Financial AnalysisThe following report provides an in-depth financial analysis on the Walmarts market for the period ended 30th Dec 2010 and compares this financial year with the previous ones.
- Financial Analysis Project WalmartThe firm’s customer-centric model of conducting business was initiated by the founder of the business Walmart, Roger Watson.
- Walmart Company's Cost of Capital EstimationThis paper will explore the cost of capital for Walmart. The company should use the market value cost of capital since shareholders expect a return based on the market value.
- An Employee Motivation Program for WalmartA comprehensive employee motivation program premised on employee empowerment through task delegation and workers’ autonomy will inspire Walmart’s workers.
- Walmart: Analysis and Project PlanWalmart Inc. is one of the largest retailers in the US and abroad, the company is known for its low prices and an effective HR strategy.
- H&M, Zara, Ikea, and Walmart Firms' Inventory Management PracticesThe target companies chosen as a case study include H&M, Zara, Ikea, and Walmart, which use different approaches for inventory management control.
- Walmart and Amazon Companies' Financial AnalysisWalmart's debt ratio reflects how the company spends its proportions on servicing assets compared to Amazon, which finances its growth via high-risk debt.
- Walmart Automobile Sales in ColombiaThe case of Walmart as a global retailer is an example of how addressing growth opportunities through business globalization can take place.
🏆 Best Walmart Essay Titles
- Walmart’s Drone Strategies and Managements
- Amazon vs. Walmart: Which Giant Will Dominate E-Commerce
- Business and Corporate-Level Strategic Recommendations for Walmart
- Business Ethics and Walmart
- Business Fraud: The Case of Bribery in Walmart
- Discrimination Difficulties: Sex Discrimination Law Suit Against Walmart
- Cross-Cultural Issues, Walmart in South Korea
- Walmart and Its Transformation to the E-Business Environment
- Ethical Issues Surrounding Walmart
- Evolution and Economic Life of Walmart
- Financial Analysis and Marketing Plan for Walmart
- “Is Wal-Mart Good for America?” Documentary
The documentary, “Is Wal-Mart Good for America” demonstrates the growth and strategy for the world’s largest company. The documentary is divided into five chapters.
- Human Resource Management Strategies for Walmart
- Internal and External Business Factors of Walmart
- Laboring the Walmart Way
- Leveraging Organizational Behavior Intro and Power Walmart
- Logistics and Supply Chain Walmart’s Sustainability Strategy
- Modeling Retail Chain Expansion and Maturity Through Wave Analysis: Theory and Application to Walmart and Target
- Motivations for International Growth at Walmart
- Operational Research and Inventory Management of Walmart
- Organizational Structure: Possibilities and Limits for the Growth of Walmart
- Recommendation for Walmart and Its Online Presence
- Social Media Solutions Implementation Plan Walmart INC
- Social Responsibilities for Walmart & Target
- Sustainable Agriculture and Local Sourcing at Walmart
- The Decision Support Systems of Walmart
- The Human Resource Planning at Walmart
- The Successful Economic Principles Applied by Walmart
- Walmart and Innovative Management
- Walmart and Its Effect on Small Business
- Walmart and Its Urban Expansion Strategy
- Walmart Change Implementation Analysis
- Walmart: Global Discount Retailer and Foreign Expansion
- Walmart Global Strategy and Future Success
- Walmart Market Planning and Internationalization Theory
- Walmart Online Shopping Information System
- Risk Management, Business Analysis, and Recommendations for Walmart
- Walmart’s Domestic and Global Marketing
- Walmart’s Sustainability Strategy
- Walmart Stores and Its Impact on America’s Economy
- Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price
❓ Walmart Research Questions
- How Attractive Was the Discount Retailing Industry in the USA When Walmart First Began Operation?
- How Greed Wiped Walmart of Its Integrity?
- How Can Walmart Improve Sales?
- How Walmart Entered the International Market?
- How Has Walmart Overcome Various Challenges?
- How Does Walmart Leverage Its Advantages?
- How Walmart Manages Its Strategy?
- How Walmart Meets Its Goals?
- How Would You Characterize the Leadership of Walmart Founder Sam Walton?
- What Are the Issues Affecting Walmart in Its External Environmental?
- What Are the Strength and Weaknesses of Walmart?
- What Cultural Problems Did Walmart Face in Some of the International Markets It Entered?
- What’s Wrong With Walmart?
- Which Giant Will Dominate E-commerce: Amazon vs. Walmart?
- Why Walmart Can Pull Off ‘Everyday Low Prices’?
- Why Does Walmart Have the Ability to Offer the Lowest Price?
- Why Walmart May Fail in India?
- How Is Walmart Destroying Small Communities?
- How Can Walmart Improve Its Marketing?
- What Needs to Change or Improve for Walmart?
- How Can Walmart Improve Customer Satisfaction?
- What Does Walmart Do for Local Communities?
- Where in the World Does Walmart Source Its Products?
- How Does Walmart Operate Around the World?
- What Is the Most Popular Walmart Product?
- Are Walmart Products Made in China?
- What Are the Different Types of Walmart?
- What Is Walmart’s Secret to Success?
- Why Is Walmart Looking Beyond Retail for Future Growth?
- What Is Walmart’s Ecommerce Strategy?